Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help:Testing N2O solenoid with MSD window switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help:Testing N2O solenoid with MSD window switch

I'm pretty sure that my N2O solenoid isn't activating when the N2O is armed. I have an MSD window switch hooked up, I have the 3000 pill in it to turn the flow of the N2O on at that rpm. But when I rev the engine up to 3 grand with the N2O bottle off I can't hear the N2O solenoid turn on. I can hear the purge solenoid click when the car is on and the bottle is not turned on and I "purge" it. Can I just leave the MSD 3000 pill out and trip the solenoid with the WOT switch? How can I tell if the the window switch is getting a tach signal from the pcm? Sorry for all the question, I just want my N2O to work already. I need 10's
Thanks,
J
Old 06-03-2003, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Help:Testing N2O solenoid with MSD window switch

Take out the 3k pill and just use a small piece of wire plugged into the holes where the pill goes, then you can just turn the kit on and hit the WOT switch without having to rev the engine to test the noid
Old 06-03-2003, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

I second that idea........ You haven't made it into the 10's with what you have????

Josh S.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's at a really high altitude, that REALLY hurts the ET's At sea level it's pretty much guaranteed he'd be there
Old 06-04-2003, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys I will try that tomorrow morning. Yep malicious is right. I race up here at 5600ft above sea level on a ok hooking track. I am going out tomorrow night to try to dip in real low 11's on boost. I have done a few things to the car to lighten her up and will be dropping the tire pressure to 10-12psi with hopes of getting into the 1.5 60ft range. I have a long day tomorrow, the car will be dyno'ed to get an A/F map with the new racetronix set up, with that info we will dial in the hp shot. I want to start with a 35hp shot and if the fuel is there, work my way up to a 75-100hp shot. Crazy huh? IF it holds I will be testing the N2O at the track to see if I get my 10's.

BTW I have the MSD tach signal wire hooked up to the white wire on the harness to the pcm. My car is a 98. I tried to get a voltage signal out of that wire and to the on running to the MSD but came up with no reading on the voltage tester? Do I have the right white wire. I can post a pic of the wire, maybe this is why my N2O isn't working. My tach works though???
It's going to be a long day.
J
Old 06-04-2003, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Help:Testing N2O solenoid with MSD window swit

To put a perspective on how altitude affects the cars performance, when I got it, the best she would do stock was a 14.7@98mph.,now she goes(so far) 11.76@117. Stock Vipers run 13.5-4's@105-8mph. Pretty sad huh?
J
Old 06-04-2003, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Help:Testing N2O solenoid with MSD window swit

Damn you must be all the way up there past BFE huh? You must not be far from having to use a damn oxygen tank to breath. LOL Good luck fella!

Josh S.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Josh yep, were almost floating up here, my buddy from Detroit came up here for a visit and we went up the "foothills" to hike and the sucker passed out, he fainted because of the altitude, smacked his head on a rock too lol. Thanks again.
Mustang HAT'R right on, thats what I thought, I wonder why it isn't working then -F**K-, I have to postpone the dyno then until I get it working. I guess I will go with a manual toggle switch for now and hit it myself once in 2nd gear.
J
Old 06-04-2003, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Hey mustang hater,or any one else, do u happen to know how to hook a window switch up in a 02 trans am firehawk m6?? I dont know how and i am in the middle of getting this kit installed.. please help
Old 06-04-2003, 11:24 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The way i tested my window switch was to put a 12 volt trouble light in place of the soleniod then strung the wire inside the car. Then drove down the street and floored the car and watched the light go on and off