Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?

People call nitrous cheating because in the beginning when it was first used people hid the bottles and solenoids and people wouldnt know it was on the car , thats also the way the solenoids GAINED the title as "CHEATER" solenoids , its alot easier to conceal a bottle and solenoids , than a big blower or turbos LOL , but anyway im a "BIG" N20 user , i spray enough gas to choke the gods and i get hounded for it , but alot of the guys have made good points , N20 is just "COLD AIR" break it down anyway you want to but thats all it is , it achieves the same thing a blower or turbo does ... SUPPLY the motor with more AIR , the nitrogen is used as a carrier and cools the intake charge , so i guess you could say nitrous oxide is just a INTERCOOLED BLOWER IN A BOTTLE
Old 06-12-2003, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL!! good point HPZ95MARO... this is starting to sound a N20AA class.

"My name is Zturd and I'm a frequent N20 user and rice abuser"
Old 06-12-2003, 09:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's sum it all up. Nitrous is not cheating, it's winning!
Old 06-12-2003, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I race at a small track with the small town locals.There's like only three cars using the bottle at this track.When one of the NOS cars pulls up to the tree,there's a hush in the audience,it gets very quiet,everybody is waiting for the explosion.There's no talk of cheating by any means,the only talk is "WOW"with goose bumps going doen their back.

Most of the racers there would love to run the juice however,their motors aren't built for it.That's why i want to spray...i have an LS1,even though it's stock i still want to spray.If the motor can handle it,why not.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:21 PM

I figured where better then in here to ask this one. Its puzzling me somewhat. Everyone will go oh he was using nitrous thats how he won. Despite if the other was using a turbo or supercharger or big arsss hemi. I just don't understand why people consider it cheating or less of a power adder as in looked down upon for using? For example a guy with a Lexus 300 has a big single turbo on his car that makes 450RWHP. I ran him NA and he beat me by 1 car. I was like ok let me turn on my power adder. He and everyone was like no you will kill him and he should turn up the boost if you are gonna do that and he couldn't do that right now for some tuning reasons. Even some old school guys are like run big motors that nitrous stuff is for punks etc. I dont understand a mod is a mod is a mod. Then theres always the oh whatcha gonna do when your bottle runs out??? HUH! Some one help me understand this.
Well, I always thought of nitrous, as kinda' like bringing brass knuckles to a brawl. The reason that it's looked on negatively, is just plain ignorance.Nitrous injection is a valid and proven science, that works on the laws of physics, throughout the universe. It's an easy install, highly effective, and fairly inexpensive.Alot of the negative conatation, is due in part to stupid movies and television shows. I also think that it's because it's a chemical/gas, that can't be wrenched on like a turbo or blower, so the monkeys, just don't understand it. They can't roll it around on the ground, and screw it, up in a tree.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

"run what you brung" now in these days you can't go out and play and bring home a "W" without the bottle. First of all is cheap, it's available, and used wisely you can spank allot of cars out there. Remmember if you don't use it somebody out there will and you will know it by reading his rear license plate's.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nitrous is my best friend and we get along great I dont care call me a cheater especially when Im 5 out in front of you actually I guess Im a double cheater considering the stroker and the Nitrousbut no one needs to know that
Old 11-11-2004, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
"In racing there are cheaters and losers"
This is the quote of the year! And if you are a street racer, you know it is true. One guy came looking for me with a 283 in his '29 sedan. Found out later it was 380 inches. My 440 inch 409 was a 348. That is the name of the game. You cheat or lose. If you are straight up and are honest about your 100 shot, you will lose to the guy that says his 250 is only 100. So why are you guys all up in the air about being called cheaters? Unless you are absolutely honest about your setup, you are a cheater. But that is how we win and any real street racer knows it.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Hi, my name is NEXT and I'm addicted to nitrous.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the nitrous forum should be changed to "Sprayers Anonymous" My name is Chris and I put 4 bottles through my Lt1 in 3 weeks while working but I definetly don't have a problem
Old 11-12-2004, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have 5 days since my last spray
Old 11-12-2004, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Wow this thread is old....

But really, what difference does it make if its forced induction or nitrous oxide? Both methods are for one sole pupose,bringing more oxygen into the combustion chamber, nitrous just does it more effeciently and more cost effectively. I think the main reason everyone gets so sore about it is the fact that the nitrous equipped car that maybe had $1500 bucks in it and a weekends worth of work, just sucked the paint off there car that had ALOT more money and time invested. Nitrous really isn't dangerous as far as internal componants are concerned if you take the time to learn about it just like you would with forced induction...and you don't see that many idiots strap turbo's or s/c's to there cars without doing any research.

It all boils down to who's a sore loser and who's an honest racer...it doesn't matter to me, i always shake the hand of the competitor afterwards regardless of the outcome. My super pro car was setup with a 200 shot plate that i used for quick 16 matches, but besides that im still relatively new to N20. I use to have a shady outlook on the bottle, but ever since i used it and know how much time and money it can save and still produce an excellant outcome, im a deffinite believer.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

Hi, my name is Firehawk00, haven't been able to spray for about a month now because my car is down due to upgrades. Going through massive WITHDRAWL!!!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 03:51 AM
On The Tree

Run what you brung!!! People get mad because they have spent thousands of dollars on their cars motor and then you go out and buy a kit for several hundred dollars and spank that a$$ with a stock motor.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a certified n20 junky myself. Just can't get away from it. I was out the other night in Grand Rapids nice and cool out. There was a turbocharged BMW M3 killing people from a roll. I pulled up in the "stock" appearing s-10 wit hthe bottle nice and warm. Asked if he wanted to go, "yes" he was eager to kill me. He wanted to go from a 40 roll. I said ok, went to the truck put in a program to go from 50%-75% within .5 sec. I left him bus lengths behind by the time I hit about 120. Funny thing is he thought it was gonna be a good race cause someone told him that the truck goes 12's lol....Nothin better I tell ya.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Phoenix383
Yep I have been getting you had to cheat using NOS to beat me for 20+ years.
I had a run with a guy in a 2800 lb 88 Coupe Stang he had a 13 to 1 347 stroker on 116 gas solid roller .670 somthing lift all the suspension mods in hell and 28x11.5 W slicks and said it was a street car! I was like what ever just line up and with my everyday driver 3600+lb car 10.37 to 1 93 octane 383 full single exhaust I busted him using the 150 first stage only.

His buddy goes "You had to use nitrous to beat our NA car!" I said hold on here about and hour I'll be right back. Went home got the 80 Malibu with the 468 BBC 11 to 1 pump gas motor 2800 lb car and went back and put 4 cars one him and said "I knew you couldn't handle my real NA car so I gave you a chance against my heavy body juice car so quit whining! hehe
Oh damn, that's so funny. That's a good way to shut him up. I'm sure he found another reason to whine about that correct?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Hey hellbents10...i see you over at s10forum all the time...gramps truck is crazy

BTW its MetalJunkie
Old 11-12-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I've heard this so many times.The thing is I love NITROUS.There is nothing like the rush nitrous gives.There is no lag,no hesitation.BOOM there it is extra horses just like that.Some people build there cars for motor,some for turbos or blowers.Me,I build it for nitrous.This isnt school.I dont have a cheat sheat taped to my buddies back.LOL This is RACING.I always thought Racing was about getting to the finish line faster.You can tell who is the real racers.They are the ones who did the research to find out the truth of the shady areas that are always misled.After theat research they will find out that the guys that blew up did something wrong(90% of the time).Its usualy the user not the kit.So if using nitrous is cheating Im a big Cheater.But go ahead and bring your all motor car with no power adder and see what this 300 to 400 shot will do.You will beacome a cheater also.LOL
Dave
oh my God that's so true. I was racing a mustang that I walked til about 40mph and I heard that NOS sound (high pitched). I know it wasn't a blower but the bottle. It just has that sound that's un-noticed. The other day I was racing a honda s2000. I had him by 3-4 cars when he starting coming up. I knew it wasn't a blower or anything, that disticnt sound they make. I got over behind him but he wouldn't go after that. I guess he wasn't sure what I had but N/A there was no way he was going to beat me. Same with the mustang gt.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I'm getting a NOS setup too now, and I won't get caught with my pants down again, lol. I don't classify low 13s to be slow but if they are juicing, it's not fast enough, haha. Here comes 150/175 shot and 11s.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hellbents10
I am a certified n20 junky myself. Just can't get away from it. I was out the other night in Grand Rapids nice and cool out. There was a turbocharged BMW M3 killing people from a roll. I pulled up in the "stock" appearing s-10 wit hthe bottle nice and warm. Asked if he wanted to go, "yes" he was eager to kill me. He wanted to go from a 40 roll. I said ok, went to the truck put in a program to go from 50%-75% within .5 sec. I left him bus lengths behind by the time I hit about 120. Funny thing is he thought it was gonna be a good race cause someone told him that the truck goes 12's lol....Nothin better I tell ya.
Now, the look on his face would of been priceless. Well done!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah well I havent sprayed since june since I was waiting for motor all summer so now that the snow will be falling again I hope I can get just one blast down the highway . That should suffice me a lil bit otherwise im gonna spray my snow blower... Oh ill do it trust me

Quick Reply: Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?