Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason I chose to get n20 is because I want to go as fast as I can at the track. It was the best bang for the buck for me that I could afford. Not everybody can throw down 5-10k on a built motor or a super/turbo charger. Then you will say then save up untill you can afford it right? Most people dont want to wait a year untill they can save up for the hp/tq they want to have those numbers now and if n20 is all they can afford or have the ability to install then thats fine. Now someone saying they dont have n20 or wont use it and then use it(when it matter like for $ or whatever) that its bs. Besides wanting to go fatser on the 1/4 mile for me I wanted to see the faces on these little ricers.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well there's this guy I raced back this summer with 98 cobra with a T-Trim pushing 500rwhp. We raced twice one from a dig with him on BFG DR and me on street tires(Yokahamas). He won that one. Second run from a 20 roll I'm ahead at the finish but he's catching FAST. The first time I spank him with the new setup if he says some **** like "But you have Nitrous" I'm gonna reply with "Give me your belt, I'll give you my bottle" Cause he'd get OWNED for sure then!!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would imagine beating these bikes off a roll wouldnt be to difficult then unless your geared real high... I know my r 6 off a 60 roll was alot weaker than that first gear winding out to 60...
Old 11-14-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
I would imagine beating these bikes off a roll wouldnt be to difficult then unless your geared real high... I know my r 6 off a 60 roll was alot weaker than that first gear winding out to 60...

it was a fun race went from 30 mph all the way to 175 lol I had many carlengths by the time it was said and done but I do have 4.10 gears as well. I would recommend nitrous to anybody lol and the progressive controller really controls the tq spike so that its really managable even out of 2nd gear on drag radials. Cool stuff. In fairness I have to say that I did get beat by an 1100 ninja though
Old 11-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Launching!

U guys still don't realize. A mod is a mod is not the same mod if it puts you in a different class. In professional racing headers, HC, slicks, converter do not put u in a different class. when I put HC or nos I do not expect to race stock guys. I expect to race guys with the same stuff I have. what honor is there in racing stock guys. right now in elpaso I am racing guys with HC or Nos and i match well up against them. some I beat. but i am still able to take on that stock car because I am still in their class. I am not saying nos is bad. its just that u act like sore winners when u go up against a stock guy and then talk **** about their club, etc. I dont even understand why u guys have to put Nos. Our cars don't need it.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Launching!

It dosn't matter anyways. the point is to have fun racing just for the thrills. its the **** talking that makes it messed up.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
U guys still don't realize. A mod is a mod is not the same mod if it puts you in a different class. In professional racing headers, HC, slicks, converter do not put u in a different class. when I put HC or nos I do not expect to race stock guys. I expect to race guys with the same stuff I have. what honor is there in racing stock guys. right now in elpaso I am racing guys with HC or Nos and i match well up against them. some I beat. but i am still able to take on that stock car because I am still in their class. I am not saying nos is bad. its just that u act like sore winners when u go up against a stock guy and then talk **** about their club, etc. I dont even understand why u guys have to put Nos. Our cars don't need it.

I don't use NOS, I don't care for holley brand n20 stuff. I use Nitrous Express. When racing for fun and not in a pro class, its not my fault I am faster cause I am on the jug.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

First off just because their are some sore winners in El Paso doesnt mean that everyone who runs with n20 is that way. Your acting like every single person with n20 says they dont have it and then use it when they race. Youve had experience with a few peoepl that wer sore winners and then dissed a club. Everyone that uses n20 isnt like that. Your acting like all the guys with n20 are in n/a leagues and then saying they dont have or wont use n20 and then do. If thats the case if they sprayed they would be booted. If your talking about at the track just racing who cares. I bet if someone beats you with n20 you say that didnt count right. Dont race people with n20 if you despise it so much. You say why do you guys put n20 on your cars it doesnt need it. Why doesnt it need it. Why does your car need what youve done to it. Most people do this stuff to feel good about their work and to feel good driving fast as hell. I dont have a car I have a truck but have some f-body friends and also read alot about them and tome it looks liek there iks alot more people spraying n20 than doing sc/tc. Why wouldnt you want to be able to push a button and flip a switch and have 100 200 300 500 hp. That **** is fun. You need to start screening the people you race with and dont race someone with n20. If someone lies about it and beats you or you beat them oh well its not like your racing for a living! Are you? If n20 was cheating whya re all these big name pro drivers spraying the **** out of it? Different strokes for different folks. Some people are coke and some people are pepsi-Your a pepsi guy! Its all in fun and feeling good about yourself and your progress!
Old 11-14-2004, 10:07 PM
TECH Veteran

answer = because the people are little B*tches that can't stand loosing .......

HP = HP and fast is fast......don't care how you do it......
Old 11-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Launching!

U still don't get it. U are a different class. I would not even compare my car with yours because of Nos. for your ^%$#%#$$ info I run at consistent 13.20's in El apso, that was with 4.10's now I have 4.56's and i still need headers, ls6intake or lsx, skinnies. I am at 4000ft. at the track I have heard the Da gets at 7000ft. that would mean that at approx 1000ft Da I would run low 12's for sure. and with further mods I would run at least a 11.99 at 1000ft DA. How many high 11 sec cars with no HC or Nos do you know about. check the 11 second forum. and for your FYI I always race people with Nos. including mustangs
Old 11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Im a pepsi guy but I love to SPRAY the only way I dont tell people I have the juice is if they dont ask
Old 11-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Launching!

I am going to play the devil's advocatate here.

Many serious drag racers consider nitrous to be a form of cheating because superchargers and turbos require making use of energy that is transferred from the motor...nitrous does not. It is a completely outside source of energy.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fastta

Many serious drag racers consider nitrous to be a form of cheating because superchargers and turbos require making use of energy that is transferred from the motor...nitrous does not. It is a completely outside source of energy.

I totally agree but using that logic then everybody should use nitrous right because anything else would be a waste of time? We all know this is not the case though every power adder has its advantages even if it be motor longevity/cost/performance/ease of install.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
U still don't get it. U are a different class. I would not even compare my car with yours because of Nos. for your ^%$#%#$$ info I run at consistent 13.20's in El apso, that was with 4.10's now I have 4.56's and i still need headers, ls6intake or lsx, skinnies. I am at 4000ft. at the track I have heard the Da gets at 7000ft. that would mean that at approx 1000ft Da I would run low 12's for sure. and with further mods I would run at least a 11.99 at 1000ft DA. How many high 11 sec cars with no HC or Nos do you know about. check the 11 second forum. and for your FYI I always race people with Nos. including mustangs
You have a very limited view of racing. There are plenty of heads up racing that is run watcha brung. You continue to generalize that everybody with nitrous is hiding it. That's not the case.

Sounds like your car runs pretty good. But now your bench racing and loosing site of the topic.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fastta

good point, but how many forced induction folks using alcohol or menthal injection? It's always can be a debate. Hey, I'm going to some juice here too, I'm tired of getting beat barely by it. If I was spraying a 100 shot, these races won't be so close anymore.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
good point, but how many forced induction folks using alcohol or menthal injection?
Also a good point. I guess their answer would be that the majority of their power is still coming from the boost alone.

I have absolutely no hangups with nitrous myself. To me going fast is going fast. I just thought I would broaden the perspective on this subject. I think a great majority of the people who just outwardly bas n20 users probably didn't get good grades in chemistry class for one, and secondly they have just heard so many stories of nitrous motors going . And in most cases, those n20 motors were not setup correctly.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike K.
I totally agree but using that logic then everybody should use nitrous right because anything else would be a waste of time? We all know this is not the case though every power adder has its advantages even if it be motor longevity/cost/performance/ease of install.
Agreed, and the one distinct advantage that n20 motors have over FI motors is that they basically could care less what the ambient track air temps are.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

OK Vader- I dont think I was saying you were slow or you couldnt beat any with n20 for your *(^@T$(*@^(*^$(* information! LOL! Your telling people not to run n20 because they dont need it. Why dont they need it because you dont think its fair. Not everyone mods their rides to go to the track some people do it for personal satisfaction,some to just have as much power as possible,and some for street racing(where there are no rules). Like I said before if someone says they dont have n20 and then do and use it that is some bitch *** sh*t and I dont think anyone would disagree. Most people I know with n20 dont tell people they dont and do. Yeah they might screw with someone every now and them and play them but not if it is for money(and no n20 was allowed) or if it was in some type of league. You say you race people with n20 and beat them so why are you so pissed. If you think they should be in a different class then dont race them. At the two tracks I go to any type of organized league will have a power adder,a N/A,or a n20 only class. What kind of racing are you doing man! There isnt any reason to get all mad about this though!

What about the guys that use n20 to cool their intercoolers. Should they be in a different class to?
Old 11-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Teching In

I simply weighted my options when i wanted to start modding my c5

D1 Blower kit , $10,000 installed .
Twin turbo kit $ 18-20,000 installed .
200 shot 2 stage NX wet kit with all the goodies , $1700,00 .

When i first started going to the track i was running 13.1-13.3s and got beat by nitrous cars every time i came up against one .

I bought a set of BFG DR's and sprayed a 150 shot with every thing else on the car being stock and ran low 11's .

So for a little over $1,000 i made my car almost 2 seconds faster .

You can call that cheating if you want but i call it smart money.

When i pull in the parking lot at the local meets , no one has the ***** to call me a cheater
Old 11-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Obviously I do not have enough back up from non-nitrous users. so I give in. however as of right now I am going to plan a nitrous mod. I will cross over. Then I will come back to this mod and tell you how many enemies I made and what people think of me then. then I will tell you if the $1000 of 100, 200, 300 hp, etc, was worth it the reputation

Quick Reply: Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?