Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
Obviously I do not have enough back up from non-nitrous users. so I give in. however as of right now I am going to plan a nitrous mod. I will cross over. Then I will come back to this mod and tell you how many enemies I made and what people think of me then. then I will tell you if the $1000 of 100, 200, 300 hp, etc, was worth it the reputation
reputation as being what? slower, just have fun. just don't get greedy. I hope the 4.10s are not in a stock 10 bolt. or you better be launching like me very carefully
Old 11-16-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fredv
reputation as being what? slower, just have fun. just don't get greedy. I hope the 4.10s are not in a stock 10 bolt. or you better be launching like me very carefully

Thats what its all about. Having fun and WINNING. Who cares if you spray or not.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

What does everyone here pay for nitrous Im paying around 2/lb
Old 11-16-2004, 06:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
What does everyone here pay for nitrous Im paying around 2/lb
here ya go, i had the same question like a month or so back.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/232580-how-much-do-you-pay-nitrous.html
Old 11-16-2004, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Here's a nice link for those who don't understand how nitrous works:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question259.htm

Here's one for the turbos:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

and here's one more for the comparison of superchargers to turbos:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question122.htm

Reguardless, they are all power adders. Forget one everyone else says. Nitrous is still the best bang for the money. No doubt the best power/dollar ratio, hehe.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Vader are you some professional racer or something? Why would you spraying n20 make enimies? Are you gonna say you dont have it and then spray when you race that person? You just said that pissed you off! Not everyone denies they have n20. Most of the people i know with it are proud to be spraying. Let me ask you this man- Do you race for a living? Is that how you pay your bills-by racing? If so then I can understand why you despsise n20. Since everyone with n20 denies having it even after they purge. If you dont race for a living then who cares! It is all about having fun. If your racing is going to the track during Test-N-Tune then your gonna run people with n20 ,with blowers ,with turbos and it is exactly what it is called Test-N-Tune! It isnt for real its for fun. If you are just racing during TNT then your taking this way to serious. You want to be serious enough so you dont hurt anyone or hurt your ride but not so serious where you consider people with n20 your enemies. If it is street racing your into then tough **** because anything goes. Everyone here agrees that if you lie about n20 and then use it thats BS and if it was for money then you need to handle that person as needed!
N20 was an affordable best bang for the buck option for me and I have a feeling that is the main reason most of the people use n20. I would love to have all motor nasty ride but I wuold be saving up for it for the next 3 years and I want to go fast now and I want to race people now! If you despise n20 so much then dont race people with n20 and if they trick you laugh it off. That is if it isnt during your NHRA races! Think about best bang for the buck power adder because for me and most people I know money doesnt come easy!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

What ticks me off is what a guy that does SCCA racing told me. I said, cool, I've been drag racing, it'd be fun to try some turns. He says, the only rule they have is you can't run nitrous. If you have the bottle, you have to disconnect it to race. How gay is that. Does that mean you have to disconnect your turbos and fi or whatever too... And I invested quite a bit in my setup. To do it right, with all the safety stuff, plus I wanted my own fill station - it's not as cheap as people say it is. Sure you can get a "nawws" kit for $300 and hope for the best, pay $50 to fill your bottle. Not me.

Wish "cheating" really was that easy...
Old 11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
then I will tell you if the $1000 of 100, 200, 300 hp, etc, was worth it the reputation

if would be for me.........anyone who would bitch and that I had N2O I wouldn't want as a friend anyway...........

simply put....I don't like people who ......
Old 11-16-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1M
What ticks me off is what a guy that does SCCA racing told me. I said, cool, I've been drag racing, it'd be fun to try some turns. He says, the only rule they have is you can't run nitrous. If you have the bottle, you have to disconnect it to race. How gay is that. Does that mean you have to disconnect your turbos and fi or whatever too... And I invested quite a bit in my setup. To do it right, with all the safety stuff, plus I wanted my own fill station - it's not as cheap as people say it is. Sure you can get a "nawws" kit for $300 and hope for the best, pay $50 to fill your bottle. Not me.

Wish "cheating" really was that easy...
I believe there is a limitation on the use of the turbo and supercharger on motors too. Check it out, it's pretty interesting. There's nothing available for Maryland though. Looks like DC, PA and virginia I think, but no Maryland.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

It may not be legal in SCCA races but I know around here that some gusy who do the road courses use n20. It may be just a fun type deal and not a SCCA event but you can do road courses and spray.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Launching!

thought maybe I'd throw my 2 cents in...

there's a guy in town with a red c5 vette and we talk frequently. so everytime I see him he says the same thing,"stop runnin' that cheater gas, and maybe I'll run 'ya". this goes on for months, one day I tell him," OK, I'll lose the juice if you put a steel body on that vette, I mean c'mon it's not fair with that fiberglass cheater body on there!"
Old 11-16-2004, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love the nos is cheating lines.i also love the new cobra is not cheating because it came with a blower,or because we have more ci',s the cobras blower is ok. A POWER ADDER IS A POWER ADDER IS A POWER ADDER.a power adder is worth way more power then 50ci's any day.50ci=15 to 20hp a blower=100hp or more,get the point.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess ford has trouble making power with an extra cam and 32 valve heads so they had to do something
Old 11-17-2004, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
I guess ford has trouble making power with an extra cam and 32 valve heads so they had to do something
What would be funny is if they came with nitrous from the factory
Old 11-17-2004, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL Man this is the funniest thread I have read in a long time.
Here this is always funny but this is how it works...
There is nothing funnier than pulling up to the light and there be some guy sitting there with his girl friend with his car camming hard thinking hey babe watch this.Of course your car is mainly stock but hes picking on you.So you reach over turn on the switch.The light turns green you feather the throttle for traction purpuses letting him jump out in the lead for split second.Then you fly by him like he was nothing.Now he starts getting mad because he was hot stuff 5 seconds ago and you just made him look like a chump infront of his girl friend that he was showing off for. Your 20,000 dollar car with very few mods just chewed his 40,000 dollar car up with 5,000 in mods up and spit it out.Whats he do know.
Option 1--Get mad and call you a cheater....Maybe even want to fight,
Option 2--Be cool ask you what the heck you have done.You tell him cat back headers and nitrous.So he goes home calls up ole Nitro Dave..LOL and next week he comes back to even the score.......Another one on the team...
I kill me.LOL

Now thats why I fell in love with nitrous.Just because I loved seeing there face when I completly took them be supprise..

Before you know it you putting nitrous on scooters,lawnmowers,and remote controll cars..
Dave
Old 11-17-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

People feel like nitrous is cheating becuase you have to refill the bottle. They claim that the power should be there all of the time and if it isn't, it's cheating. Nitrous is tempting for me but I have always wanted a FI setup. I decided to go the turbo route. Maybe I'll spray anyways..
Old 11-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

This is what i tell everyone who crys about me using nitrous:

"Racing is racing, its not my fault you called jegs for your performance parts and spent 5 grand and I called Nitrous Express and spent 1 grand to beat you."
Old 11-17-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zturd
I figured where better then in here to ask this one. Its puzzling me somewhat. Everyone will go oh he was using nitrous thats how he won. Despite if the other was using a turbo or supercharger or big arsss hemi. I just don't understand why people consider it cheating or less of a power adder as in looked down upon for using? For example a guy with a Lexus 300 has a big single turbo on his car that makes 450RWHP. I ran him NA and he beat me by 1 car. I was like ok let me turn on my power adder. He and everyone was like no you will kill him and he should turn up the boost if you are gonna do that and he couldn't do that right now for some tuning reasons. Even some old school guys are like run big motors that nitrous stuff is for punks etc. I dont understand a mod is a mod is a mod. Then theres always the oh whatcha gonna do when your bottle runs out??? HUH! Some one help me understand this.

Nitrous is considered cheating because people are jealous of the fact that the nitrous owner spent considerably less money on his modifications, and has just as much HP as someone with HC, who spent ten times as much... just depends on what you like or what you can afford. NITROUS= TT or SC=
Old 11-17-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1huntr
This is what i tell everyone who crys about me using nitrous:

"Racing is racing, its not my fault you called jegs for your performance parts and spent 5 grand and I called Nitrous Express and spent 1 grand to beat you."
Old 11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Launching!

I still don't care. Come to El Paso I will race any nitrouis guy any day

Quick Reply: Why is Nitrous considered cheating by so many?