Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Head Choice for Spraying Bigger Hits

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noyzee
im not sure what your talking about?
i burnt one pistion last year, never even melted a plug this year and my 346 was still in 1 piece when i took it out and sold it. what motors did i melt down?

and no i dont think the welding i did to the deck did anything. i had it tested, and i have also spoken to alot of racers who have done the same things with no issues on much more motor then me. but again, i realy dont care, its over and done with.
You say it is but you are the 1 who made the first post of "I know what i would not do"

So your claiming you have only hurt the motor 1 time melting a piston? maybe melting a piston made it kinda hot on the head?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
You say it is but you are the 1 who made the first post of "I know what i would not do"

So your claiming you have only hurt the motor 1 time melting a piston? maybe melting a piston made it kinda hot on the head?
he asked opinions on heads, i replied to him with my anser. thats all then it turned into a fest.

and no im not claiming, im stating facts. i melted one pistion down accually i think it may have been to rich because if lifted a ring land and scratch the wall.

and that was on the other side with the head still in one piece, so nope, the heat didnt bother it
Old 10-30-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Noyzee
he asked opinions on heads, i replied to him with my anser. thats all then it turned into a fest.

and no im not claiming, im stating facts. i melted one pistion down accually i think it may have been to rich because if lifted a ring land and scratch the wall.

and that was on the other side with the head still in one piece, so nope, the heat didnt bother it
FYI if you melt 1 piston it still gets pretty hot in the others. and don't forget we ended up with your crank and rods out of the 346 i wouldn't say they were in great running shape? "still running" don't mean alot

As for the L92's everyone needs to understand what the runner size is befopre they say "out flow them by double" we have had alot of heads on our bench and alot of heads on our cars and theres a reason none of the big nitrous guys don't have a stock casted head. and its not just about deck thickness!

Now with the LSx block its a simple choice right now to go ET 6 bolts but for 4 bolt configurations we have had great success keeping AFR's happy and down.

I have still not pushed more than a shot glass of water and have not hurt a gasket or burned up a piston with off the shelf commetics ,stock size arp's and out of the box afr's(There now ported by Tony) How many other nitrous cars can say the same?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:18 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i know is 1 pistion in my 402, and 2 seasons of 300 worth of spray on my 346 and my last 10 passes where all in the 9.4x range.
pulled it apart and sold everything. not sure what you had to do, but i know it was running strong befor i pulled it apart and i had the rods tested and they tested fine.

anyway.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know where I stand

As far behind it as I can when she lets go this time
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
You know where I stand

As far behind it as I can when she lets go this time
LOL, yea I don't think anyone will be hanging over the engine next time.
Robert