Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much should I pay for Nitrous install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much should I pay for Nitrous install?

Hey guys, i'm a big DIY type of guy but with nitrous, I honestly don't trust myself because if I mess up, it will cost me alot so I have decided to have a shop do it for me. I'm just wondering what others have paid for install and a tune before. I'm just looking for a ball park figure here, nothing spot on. Any info will help, thanks guys.

-Richard
Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Teching In

it is such an easy install....one of the easiest "big power" mods out there to do. i believe paying for such an install would be stupid. it can be time consuming if you want a clean and pretty install, but it is FAR from being hard unless you get into direct port. then it gets a little more difficult. even that can be done in the garage over a weekend though.

save the money you would spend on an install and put it towards other bolt ons.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Launching!

I just don't want to mess up the install and blow my engine because of something stupid, thats all.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nitrous is generally an easy install, but the amount of complexity goes up with every electronic controller and safety feature you use. For a bare bones kit, we'd probably charge in the neighborhood of $300. For a full featured, very complex nitrous setup I can imagine $500 or more.

For the tune, you can likely expect another $300-500 depending on who is doing it.

There was a local guy here that was installing kits for $100 on a few F cars earlier this year. 4 of the 5 people that let him install their kit ended up bringing the car to us to fix after experiencing problem after problem with the cheapo install.

The old addage holds true in this scenario - you get what you pay for!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Banned

$550-$750 depending on the additional accessories

$100-200 fine tuning A/F on the dyno
Old 11-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info Joey and Larry. Honestly, I really didn't expect that big of a price for the 2, but like you said, you get what you pay for. Now I'm gonna have to call the 2 shops in my area that I know will do it right to see their pricing.

Last edited by R W B; 11-01-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Larry I bought the mainline kit from you guys a month or so ago. How much would you guys charge me estimated to hook that kit up? Basicly the only other thing I purchased was the dynotune window switch and a noid mounting bracket and I have plugs I will get installed before the install but I really want it done by a shop and not me or my buddies doing it. I was also wondering if possibly I could get the car in in the morning and have it back the same day maybe if you guys are not busy
let me know Larry I would like this done before winter
thanks Larry
chris
Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What was reported is what I would expect. Most people want a heater, bottle opener, switch panel, FPSS, and some kind of controler installed. Many times Gauges and WB installed as well. It can be very time consuming and teadius to install.

Basicly what you start to look at is a fully integrated Custom wiring harness from front to rear and going down the consoul. There are also many things not included in any of the kits that need to be added the least of which is wire.

Yes anyone can install a kit. No everyone can install one that works on a regular basis and or trouble shoot it if there are problems

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

also depends on mounting location of the bottle,type of kit, Wet or dry kit etc.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flybye
it is such an easy install....one of the easiest "big power" mods out there to do. i believe paying for such an install would be stupid. it can be time consuming if you want a clean and pretty install, but it is FAR from being hard unless you get into direct port. then it gets a little more difficult. even that can be done in the garage over a weekend though.

save the money you would spend on an install and put it towards other bolt ons.
Actually its not "stupid", its quite smart. He obviously knows the install is something he can't take on himself. Not everyone is mechanically inclined, or confident enough to install a mod that could put your motor at risk.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Actually its not "stupid", its quite smart. Not everyone is mechanically inclined, or confident enough to install a mod that could put your motor at risk.
X2

I did what I could, I pulled the seat and interior trim, ran all the wiring (and Mainline) to the locations and then took it to 860 Performance for final hook up. Took Vinny 4 hours that included installing a wideband (welding the bung as well) and talking shop.

Under $200 for an install with you doing the time consuming stuff like running the wires/hose, and having somone who knows what they are doing w/ final wiring.

Quick Reply: How much should I pay for Nitrous install?