Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My nitrous/fuel system! Pics galore!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was all proud of mine until I saw that.

Great job!!!!

99 FRC
Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a really nice setup!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sick set up!
It inspired me to get a kit and mount it on the driveshaft hump also.
Oh and love how the coils are in the valve covers! Bad ***!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Robert56
I surely love it when someone thinks their system out and does some nice detail work, which you have. Congrats on a job well done. Did you see my offer in the other thread? With your good writing skills and attention to detail, I believe we can offer the end users some info/facts and how-to's, on often asked questions regarding the fuel systems on the lsx platform.
Robert
I'll see what I can do.

I've got a LOT more pictures of this stuff. Being a '98, most other F-bodies don't have the same sending unit assembly though. It's pretty easy to do a double pumper in a '98, the newer ones have a bucket that can pose more of a challenge.

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Sick set up!
It inspired me to get a kit and mount it on the driveshaft hump also.
Oh and love how the coils are in the valve covers! Bad ***!
The coils are down sort of below/beside the radiator on each side, not inside the valve covers. However, Abear makes billet valvecovers that you DO put the coils in, they make mine look like doodoo.

I really appreciate all the kind words guys. I defiantly lost some sleep thinking about the eleventy-billion parts I needed lol. I'll take some pictures of my notes when I was drawing the system out.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Teching In

so uhh.. i need to re register with a sensable username since i made this when i was about 17.. derrr

casey your craftsmanship is ridiculous.. i mean i like doing things clean but damn.. kinda sucks the only roll i played in buildin your car is loanin you a few oddball tools and standin around chit chattin..

dude im beyond impressed, besides the fact im jealous.. it almost hurts knowin i couldnt really even come all that close to matchin this system in my own head from a clean sheet of paper. very well done.

now to find me an F-body and get to work.. i'll try not to fill up your txt inbox with questions lol

theres a gorgeous 30K mile SS in lumberton for the right price rt now but its an auto i guess a lil patience could go a long way.

Corey
Old 02-19-2008, 01:16 AM
That's what she said...

Thanks Corey.

You're gonna need a man-pon when you feel this thing on the squeeze. "It looks like it's about to tear the pavement out from under the car" was a comment I got last weekend.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
"It looks like it's about to tear the pavement out from under the car" was a comment I got last weekend.
It did!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blur, check out my fuel system write up in my web. At the end i added some of your info, maybe this will inspire you to put a write up together so i can host it? Or, I'll do it if you don't feel up to it.
Robert
Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Default nice setup

congrats
Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Dang looks good
Old 02-22-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Beautiful work......super clean attention to detail!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Well it's finally done.

My car:

LME 408 stroker with Wiseco/Callies/Eagle guts
Trickflow/TEA heads
Patrick G cam
Kooks 1-7/8
HAL/QA1 shocks/springs
Full Spohn/BMR suspension
Six Speeds Inc. 4+ transmission
Textralia Exo-Skel
Moser 12-bolt
3.5" driveshaft

I picked up my nitrous system from Nitrous Outlet back in December. I dealt with Ray every time I needed anything and he was the very best tech/sales/cool dude I have ever dealt with, without a doubt.

So here's the nitrous list:
Dave's 90mm plate kit
Dave's 10lb bottle
Dave's head mount solenoid bracket
Dave's 4-button ashtray panel
Dave's purge
Dave's nitrous filter/lines
Dave's tunnel bracket
860 bottle bracket/heater
NX bottle jacket
FJO mini-progressive controller
Dynotune lean shutdown switch

Ray swapped me over to the FJO mini-progressive instead of their combo window/TPS switch as it had the same functionality plus a progressive. He also had them swap out the momentary bottle opener switch in the panel to an off/on rocker. He took care of a leaky feed line fitting crimp in no-time flat. He then had his guys make up my custom solenoid to plate lines, and he even found/ordered some -3an 45* male/female BLACK Earl's fittings (probably the only 2 in the country lol). This was over the course of a few weeks and several calls after I realized the stuff I needed and how I wanted to redo the lines.

It took me quite a bit of time and a few miles of wire, but I got it all straighted out eventually.

My "bottle opener" switch is really wired into my FJO controller. I have the single nitrous system tied into both Stage 1 and Stage 2 on the controller. With the flick of a switch I can swap between my programmed stages. I can setup each stage on the progressive however I'd like, and run whichever one I'd like. I currently have it setup to activate Stage 1 with the switch off, and activate Stage 2 with the switch on. This is basically turning off/on my 1st gear lockout for those 70mph+ blasts.

I swapped out the standard 24" lines to some 12" units with 45's on the plate and the lines came out VERY nice. It's almost a hidden wet kit lol. My fuel system should be 1000rwhp ready (see 2nd post). It wasn't till I tried to spray the kit the first time that the reason my car was leaning out when it'd get cold outside was revealed. Turns out that 1 Walbro 255 (either one by itself) isn't mean enough to handle my 408 by itself, even with the fuel system I've got now and a hotwire kit on the pump. I would have to fudge the PE table to 11.8 just to make it run 13:1 on motor. When I click on the second Walbro 255, it runs exactly 11.8. This problem drove me INSANE the last few months, but now I have figured it out. I am now going to wire them both up to run constantly.

This is my Harlan shift light and Dynotune switch.....

FJO controller and wideband controller (black wires) stuff.....

Purge.... can ya see it????

Here's my -8 Tee with -8 x -4 reducer that the system pulls it's fuel off of.

The head plate works PERFECT with some 12" lines and some 45's. I was proud of the Krylon job on my FAST and didn't want lines running across it.

She's a little dirty in this picture still. The coils are relocated to the framerails on either side if you're wondering. Valvecovers are from Aaron@IntakeElbows .com.

Well there ya have it. I'm pretty proud of how clean it came out under the hood considering how many hoses/wires/etc. I've got going on. I haven't actually sprayed it yet, still working on an issue before I do, but I expect it's going to DO WORK. The car has been 11-teens at 126 on motor with mucho problemos (wrong pushrods, no timing, flywheel coming loose, pinion angle backwards (lol), and the rev limiter blasting at the 1000 ft.). I expect it to do 10.80@130 on motor or better, looking for high 130's on a 150 shot, not too worried about ET, but I've got 200 pills on standby if I start itching for some 9's. I'm putting in 3.73's right now and I'm doing all this on the tires/wheels in my sig!

I'll get some pics of the purge in action. It's about 8' high with 600psi, looks nuts with 1200psi. I am also aware that I need to put the nitrous pressure switch on the bottle port lol. If I were to kick the heater on and forget to turn the bottle on, I will be testing out that damn blowdown tube quick fast. When the bottle goes empty the first time I will swap it over.

Again, HUGE thanks to Ray@NitrousOutlet/Nasty Performance/fellow LS1techers for helping me get it together.

-Casey

Cliff notes: Nitrous fed 408 stroker is completed.

i want mine to look similar to this when i get a kit..... there is nothing like doing an install the right way making it look perfect! priceless!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn looks real good...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

Thats a killer setup....
Old 07-18-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

i'm pissed, i can't see the install pics!!! all i've been reading now i've got to see them!!! lol - i can't figure out why i can't see them?

Quick Reply: My nitrous/fuel system! Pics galore!