Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT 100Shot at 900 psi hits SOFT

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TNT 100Shot at 900 psi hits SOFT

Just got my friend to install his tnt wet kit on my car with the 100 shot he says.

the bottle has been filed for a few weeks now and just sitting in his garage when we instaled it. i was in 3rd gear bottle on 850-900 psi and i would say cold were it sat in his garage .and i can hear the nitrous engage but It does not hit hard at all its just a smooth transistion and i cant really fill no big differnece.

What could it be just the low psi or were it was cold .it is def spraying nitrous and fuel i checked it before the pass .I thaught a 100wet shot would be a Very Big agresive hit .and its kinda Blaa now i can tell a slight difference inbetween it and before .

Im still on my na tune also .SO what could this be or what should i look for guys i have never ran nitrous or instaled it and he has so he hooked it up
Old 03-26-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would up the bottle bottle pressure. The first time i sprayed my 100 wet shot there was a huge difference!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

i hope that is all it is ,becuase their not a big difference what i can tell so far,i may try to heat the bottle up tonight but ill have to unhook it and try to sit it in the house for alittle bit untill my bottle heater comes in
Old 03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

I've had mine at 900 PSI and it still hits hard, it's a plate setup though, don't know if that would make a differance or not, usually I run around 1050.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

this kit i have has a purpel Ring that is goin in front of the TB and has the nitrous and fuel sprayign into it
Old 03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M6 or A4?

Stock tune? You asking to hurt something.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

i am a M6 with my Dyno tune i had done back with my cam and intake. STill thaugh i think it should hit like a raped ape thaugh and its soft as pudding right now workign on tryign to get some bottle presuer up to see what happens .and double checking everything to make sure its all tight even thaugh im kinda cluelus as to what to check for
Old 03-26-2008, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

i mean even with the tune i had done for all motor with my cam,Shouldnt the nitrous Hit Hard with good bottle presure.Or would another tune be required to get that Big hit im looking for.

My friend has ran this kit for year or so and has picked up almsot 1.2 secs in the 1/4 on his auto car so i know the kit is good and he installed it .So im not sure whats up with it right off
Old 03-26-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Get it on a dyno and see your N/A to N20 numbers look. Plus, need to see your A/F more importantly.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

ya he ran this kit with no hassels but each car is different i was just expecting at least one good hit just to see what it feels like before i can get a chance to get it on the dyno ,i want be able to do that till mid april untill my tuner gets time to check it all out .he told me with the presuer being were it was at 800-900 it was probaly only hittin at about a 50-75 shot .

I know my car was Rich before the nitrous instaled so it Should be alittle safer but then again it could not be .i found the nut on the fuel solenoid was a little loose so i tightend it up just now didnt know if that may have somthing to with it or not
Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 PM
12 Second Club

hey waterbug ,since you know alot more than i do abotu this ,if my car was running Pig rich or lean would that Cause a Big Difference in the way the nitrous hits ??
Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

I have the same kit and i can also tell a big diffrence (spray .vs. n/a) I dont know about it hitting hard, everyone has their own opinions on what hard is but i can definatly tell when it starts spraying. Definatly try heating it up some more before you try it again.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

Well, I cant say how an M6 hits in 3rd gear as I have an A4 and cant really compare it.

I know mine does not hit that hard at a highway speed due to the converter. But, you get it on a track and hook and the tires come off the ground.

So, you have no window switch.. just a manul WOT switch by the TB blade? Can you feel anything at all when spraying? Like a higher pitch in the motor RPM?

Its really hard to say what it might be... Hell, maybe your clutch is slipping for all we know.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

oo ya i can def tell when it is spraying when i go WOT.Like i said this is my first time sprayign so it may be hitting were it is suppose to .But i dont know i just had it in my head that it would be like a Neck breaking Hit when it came on .But the only nitrous car i ever rode in had a 200 shot so thats probley were i get that from .

But it is def sprayign i tested that i turnd the switch on took off the air lid and bellow and went wot and it about blinded me win the spray bouces back off the tb .so its is hitting.Like i said it may be hitting like it should i want really know untill i can get to the track .For some reason i just had in my head that it would be just a ungodly Hit when the nitrous cam in .

No window switch yet it and the purge should be in around monday .I just have the Main activation switch inside.Ill down shift turn the switch on and go WOT let off the throttle a little bit to disengague the WOT switch and shift then nail it agin .I do that just to be safe untill i get the window switch and a few guages

No the clutch is fine no slip at all
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

that may also be apart of it to man i have big gear in my car so it does not like high rolls .So maybe i should try it in 2nd tommorow just to double check it all .i knwo i ran a 12.31 @115mph na with a sucky 60ft so if i cant get better than that with spray then ill know somthign is a miss lol. just looking for some 11.80s with a little go go juice and the M/T's
Old 03-26-2008, 11:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1chris
oo ya i can def tell when it is spraying when i go WOT.Like i said this is my first time sprayign so it may be hitting were it is suppose to .But i dont know i just had it in my head that it would be like a Neck breaking Hit when it came on .But the only nitrous car i ever rode in had a 200 shot so thats probley were i get that from .

But it is def sprayign i tested that i turnd the switch on took off the air lid and bellow and went wot and it about blinded me win the spray bouces back off the tb .so its is hitting.Like i said it may be hitting like it should i want really know untill i can get to the track .For some reason i just had in my head that it would be just a ungodly Hit when the nitrous cam in .

No window switch yet it and the purge should be in around monday .I just have the Main activation switch inside.Ill down shift turn the switch on and go WOT let off the throttle a little bit to disengague the WOT switch and shift then nail it agin .I do that just to be safe untill i get the window switch and a few guages
No the clutch is fine no slip at all

No need for this... Just turn the switch on and bang thru the gears. If your WOT switch is hooked up properly it wont spray when you let off the gas to shift..
Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

^ Thanks man wasnt for sure if i needed to let all the way off or not ,that will def make a big difference i would say . ya the switch is fine you dont have to take your foot but just little bit off from wot and it deactivates .damn i cant wait to try it out tommorow . Ill post some pics up of my setup here in a sec .im workign on cleaning it up alittle bit and painting my bottle
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 AM
12 Second Club

it seems like a converter makes the nitrous hit less hard. the stock verter seemed to have a spooling feeling like a turbo, with the big stall your already in the power band (mine flashes to 4500 on the jug)
Old 03-27-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had this same problem recently. On a 100 shot with my previous setup (Zex), it hit hard and ran like a raped ape. On this setup, I just haven't been able to get it to hit as hard, because my heater would only get the pressure up to 900lbs. It only added 78 RWHP with the 150 pills in (A/F was in the low 11's). I just rewired my bottle heater to get the pressure higher, but haven't had a chance to spray it with the higher pressure yet. I'll post back with the results when I do (probably tomorrow or Saturday).

99 FRC
Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

i thought 900 was optimal.