Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW new n2o interface users

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SScam68
I was wondering what happened to that thread.

Why was it moved though?? The admin/mod staff trying to sweep **** under the rug?

Woah woah woah guys...lol. Chill!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

moderators gotta make some money somehow, right?

jk.. the interface is fantastic. it does run a little rich, but i always thought i just sprayed before i got my bottle pressure up. now if only hsw would setup a kit that included a nitrogen push system...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Robert...I wouldnt put it back up yet unless both parties agree to do so. IMO they should be able to figure this out and both come to a resolution. It may take some effort on the part of both parties though.

I think the BEST thing would be for HSW and algws6 to agree to make the best attempt to resolve this in some way. They could do it in the old thread...or by PMs and emails and phone in private.

Makes no difference to me...just a thought.
im fine with openning that thread up again. i never thought it should have been deleted in the first place.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

You Dont Need To Spray N20 To Test The Interface... I Tested My Interface Many Many Times Without Spraying
Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
You Dont Need To Spray N20 To Test The Interface... I Tested My Interface Many Many Times Without Spraying
elaborate please?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

how can you test for it an accurate afr on the bottle and not have it go pig rich? in my case it was adding fuel but not enough. for some reason my interface was maxxing out the maf. no one still cannot answer why.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by algws6
im fine with openning that thread up again. i never thought it should have been deleted in the first place.
you know mike i was going to let this go but you want to keep on going. how could you have tested my interface on your car that "made 490 to the wheels that morining"? you said in your big enchilada thread "no spray yet". kinda funny you can test and see if the afr is working without spraying the car.

"I'm offended! no spray yet, all NA.

I'll get back to you guys on the cam specs" quoted from mike at hsw.
You are assuming i only own one vehicle and that the vehicle that put down 492 was the one i ran spray on. When in fact i never said it was on that particular car. That was an example of how off your MAF is reading. The second vehicle which is used to test products runs the interface and it was switched out with your unit. I have many witnesses to it and again if you want to call me a liar, go right ahead. It was already on the dyno for other product research so to give you some comfort in what your problems really are i thought this would help, obviously it didnt and you still are trying to find excuses.

There is no reason for that thread to be opened. We explained the problem with the unit. The gentlemen elected to do a charge back rather then attempting to resolve it with us, what else is there to settle??? As long as you post in every interface thread i will be right there to defend our product and point out your issues with your vehicle and installing products. This is absolutley ridiculous and a complete waste of everyones time. Accept the fact that you messed up. We all do, it happens, get over it and move on.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Simple,

Just Dont Open The Bottle And Run The System... You Will Run Pig Rich But I Would Think Its Common Sence To Do Runs Like This Before You Start Spraying
Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Accurate Afr Is Another Story I Was Just Makeing Sure The Dam Unit Was Adding Fuel
Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
You are assuming i only own one vehicle and that the vehicle that put down 492 was the one i ran spray on. When in fact i never said it was on that particular car. That was an example of how off your MAF is reading. The second vehicle which is used to test products runs the interface and it was switched out with your unit. I have many witnesses to it and again if you want to call me a liar, go right ahead. It was already on the dyno for other product research so to give you some comfort in what your problems really are i thought this would help, obviously it didnt and you still are trying to find excuses.

There is no reason for that thread to be opened. We explained the problem with the unit. The gentlemen elected to do a charge back rather then attempting to resolve it with us, what else is there to settle??? As long as you post in every interface thread i will be right there to defend our product and point out your issues with your vehicle and installing products. This is absolutley ridiculous and a complete waste of everyones time. Accept the fact that you messed up. We all do, it happens, get over it and move on.

now there are two cars that put down 490 that same moring. it does not suprise me you do not want that thread openned. and yeah i messed up the install because the maf can be plugged and unplugged so many different ways. i tried to resolve this issue matt and thought it was closed until he came up with all the b.s. your making up. i wonder if the owners of hsw know how you guys work. i think you need to face the fact that you had a fualty unit. it happens.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Accurate Afr Is Another Story I Was Just Makeing Sure The Dam Unit Was Adding Fuel

exactly.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 PM
FormerVendor

how can you test for it an accurate afr on the bottle and not have it go pig rich? in my case it was adding fuel but not enough. for some reason my interface was maxxing out the maf. no one still cannot answer why.
In our professional opinion, and this we can only speculate is that there is a problem with your MAF sensor or something in your tune. I really would like to help you, i honestly do. Your trying to find the answer in the interface, but your not going to find it there.

Think about what i said in that one post about the MAF readings on your 390 vs my 490, why was yours higher??? That seems pretty simple to me and its about the easiest way i can explain it to everyone else.

We have been doing this for quite some time, both nitrous and installs/tuning. If there was a problem with your unit we would have replaced it in a second. But based on our inspection of the unit that was not the case. Im sorry i really am, i wish i could say there was a problem and just send you a new one, but that wasnt the case and we stick by our policies.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 PM
FormerVendor

now there are two cars that put down 490 that same moring. it does not suprise me you do not want that thread openned. and yeah i messed up the install because the maf can be plugged and unplugged so many different ways. i tried to resolve this issue matt and thought it was closed until he came up with all the b.s. your making up. i wonder if the owners of hsw know how you guys work. i think you need to face the fact that you had a fualty unit. it happens.
ummm when did i ever give you the horsepower levels of the second car??????
I didnt. Your clearly calling me a liar, so i have nothing else to offer you.

If the plug is inserted at a slight angle you can bend the pins, which you did.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have seen other peoples logs with mods similar to mine and there maf is reading right where mine is. believe me. there is not a problem with my maf or tune. seems like you cann't answer any of the issues at hand so i will leave it alone. btw, if makes you feel beter my corrected na numbers where 440. i can assure you i will never do business with you again, and not because of your products (lemons happen) but because of your ethics. like i said i hope the owners of hsw find out what you are up to.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

i have seen other peoples logs with mods similar to mine and there maf is reading right where mine is. believe me. there is not a problem with my maf or tune. seems like you cann't answer any of the issues at hand so i will leave it alone. btw, if makes you feel beter my corrected na numbers where 440. i can assure you i will never do business with you again, and not because of your products (lemons happen) but because of your ethics. like i said i hope the owners of hsw find out what you are up to.
Glad that is settled then.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:00 AM
FormerVendor

That is the correct operation, the A/F for a said HP level will be on the rich side. It's done to be safe rather then on the lean side. If you have a wideband you can start to go down on the Interface for the Jet size if you want to lean it out. With the 10.x A/F you should still see the HP that the system is jetted for, leaning it out to 11.8 - 12.2 will usually net another 10-15 HP.

Matt

Originally Posted by MCBRIZ28
Have been playing with new interface have question for other users. Set up over view spraying 150 rwh dry shot after maf. Going by instructions from HSW dip switchs set for 150 hp have 24 degrees timing the AFR holds steady at 10.5 to 1 I have dropped rating on interface down to 125hp to get afr up into the low 11's. The Question for other interface user is this a common thing for afr to be so low to start with or does the na ratio of the car come into play maybe they base it on a car with a low to mid 13 afr to start. Na car holds a 12.8 to about 12.9 with 28 degrees of timing. Just trying to get a base setting for easier jetting change later.
McBride
Old 04-17-2008, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Matt
Old 04-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
That is the correct operation, the A/F for a said HP level will be on the rich side. It's done to be safe rather then on the lean side. If you have a wideband you can start to go down on the Interface for the Jet size if you want to lean it out. With the 10.x A/F you should still see the HP that the system is jetted for, leaning it out to 11.8 - 12.2 will usually net another 10-15 HP.

Matt
Isnt there a corelation between the fuel and the spark? As you reduce the added fuel arent you raising the timing or are there 2 different switches?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

two different sets of dip switches.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to go with the interface. Just 1 more year