Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW new n2o interface users

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HSW new n2o interface users

Have been playing with new interface have question for other users. Set up over view spraying 150 rwh dry shot after maf. Going by instructions from HSW dip switchs set for 150 hp have 24 degrees timing the AFR holds steady at 10.5 to 1 I have dropped rating on interface down to 125hp to get afr up into the low 11's. The Question for other interface user is this a common thing for afr to be so low to start with or does the na ratio of the car come into play maybe they base it on a car with a low to mid 13 afr to start. Na car holds a 12.8 to about 12.9 with 28 degrees of timing. Just trying to get a base setting for easier jetting change later.
McBride
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im spraying a 150 and have it set to 105hp on the interface and it still rich..its in the 10.5 and na its at 12.8. im going to lean it out, but im scared to lean it too much..
are you adding fuel on top end?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

intersting, I will be keeping my eye on this thread. Any body else out there with experience with this unit yet?
Old 04-15-2008, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

Have not been adding any fuel on top end. When I first hooked unit up I only had engine based 150 hp jet I noticed then it was on the rich side had to get it down to 95 hp setting on the box to get it into the low 11 afr. One thing I really like is how consistent the interface is also how steady it holds the afr during a run no large spikes up or down like I have seen in the past on dry systems without it. I ran three 7.05 ets in the 1/8 mile within a hours time span at my home track this past weekend.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe there are many variables as to why the a/f to HP rating can be off. however, as long as you can dial in what a/f you want on the spray then it's doing what it should, regardless of what the HP rating for the fueling says. hell all kits vary like this with only jetting or internal tuning to adjust, and thus the reason we need to check a/f on all kits and hits. It certainly does matter what n/a a/f your running and will affect your sprayed a/f. You can test this by playing with your WOT Power Enrichment fuel multiplier. Don't be afraid to dial in exactly what you want. I am sure HSW Will come by and give some better details, but this input is the basics.
Robert
Old 04-15-2008, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Robert I was just interested in what other interface user are seeing as I haven't seen to much talk about this unit in actual use. So far this thing works great and it does all they say.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MCBRIZ28
Have been playing with new interface have question for other users. Set up over view spraying 150 rwh dry shot after maf. Going by instructions from HSW dip switchs set for 150 hp have 24 degrees timing the AFR holds steady at 10.5 to 1 I have dropped rating on interface down to 125hp to get afr up into the low 11's. The Question for other interface user is this a common thing for afr to be so low to start with or does the na ratio of the car come into play maybe they base it on a car with a low to mid 13 afr to start. Na car holds a 12.8 to about 12.9 with 28 degrees of timing. Just trying to get a base setting for easier jetting change later.
McBride
UNLESS YOUR USING A TUNEING PACKAHE THE UNIT CANNOUT PULL 4 DEG OF TIMEING ON A 00' F-CAR

ALSO I FOUND THE JETTING #'S ON THE INTERFACE TO BE KINDA REALTIVE... JUST CHOOSE WHAT EVER MAKES THE WIDEBAND HAPPY AND YOUR GONNA BE GOOD...

ALSO IF YOUR TUNE HAS BEEN MODFIED THE #'S TEND TO BE MORE OFF

IN THE END (AT LEST FOR ME) THE HSW INTERFACE WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA.. I ENDED UP PULLING IT AND GOING BACK TO A N20 TUNE (FOR TIMEING) AND JUST LETTING THE N20 PLOOM FROM MY HALO TELL THE MAF TO ADD FUEL
Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
UNLESS YOUR USING A TUNEING PACKAHE THE UNIT CANNOUT PULL 4 DEG OF TIMEING ON A 00' F-CAR
Are you saying that it wont pull any timing? Or that it wont pull 4* but will pull a different value.

I dont see why this would be any different for a 2000 vs any other as my understanding is that it uses the IAT tables to pull timing. I dont have one. Just curious.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MCBRIZ28
McBride
You can always jet up.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jpr5690

ALSO I FOUND THE JETTING #'S ON THE INTERFACE TO BE KINDA REALTIVE... JUST CHOOSE WHAT EVER MAKES THE WIDEBAND HAPPY AND YOUR GONNA BE GOOD...

ALSO IF YOUR TUNE HAS BEEN MODFIED THE #'S TEND TO BE MORE OFF

IN THE END (AT LEST FOR ME) THE HSW INTERFACE WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA.. I ENDED UP PULLING IT AND GOING BACK TO A N20 TUNE (FOR TIMEING) AND JUST LETTING THE N20 PLOOM FROM MY HALO TELL THE MAF TO ADD FUEL
i also had a bad run with this unit. mine would not enrich enough and made the IAT's read 0 when not armed. i went back my wet kit and use a seperate tune to pull timing.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Are you saying that it wont pull any timing? Or that it wont pull 4* but will pull a different value.

I dont see why this would be any different for a 2000 vs any other as my understanding is that it uses the IAT tables to pull timing. I dont have one. Just curious.
THE UNIT GROUNDS OUT THE IAT SENSOR MUCH NIN THE SAME WAY THE RESISTOR MOD WORKS.. THE MAX VALUE THE IAT SENSOR WILL READ WITH THE HIGHEST SETTING ON THE UIT IS APPROX 158 DEG.. IN A STOCK LS1 F-BODY THE IAT TIMEING ADJUSTMENT TABLE IS SET TO PULL A MAX OF 3 DEG..

FURTHERMORE THERE IS A MODIFER TABLE FOR THIS TABLE BASED OFF OF RPMS.. WHEN LOOKING AT MY STOCK TABLE IT WAS SET SO EVEN THIS 3 DEG PULL WAS NEGATED TO ONLY 50% WHEN YOU WERE IN HIGHER RPMS

THEREFORE EVEN IF YOU SET THE TUNIT TO 158 DEG IT WOULD ONLY PULL 3 DEG OF TIMEING AT LOWER RPMS

TO USE THE UNIT TO PULL MORE TIMEING YOU MUST MODIFY THE TABLE TO PULL MORE TIMEING AND CHANGE THE MODIFER TABLE SO IT DOSENT FADE OUT THIS CHANGE...
Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by algws6
i also had a bad run with this unit. mine would not enrich enough and made the IAT's read 0 when not armed. i went back my wet kit and use a seperate tune to pull timing.
+1 MINE JUST NEVER CONSISTENTLY WORKED SO TIMES I WOULD PULL MY TARGET OF -6 DEG OTHERS I WOULD PULL LESS.. THIS WAS EVEN AFTER MODIFYING THE TABLES .. IN THE END PULLING SPARK FROM YOUR MAIN TABLE REALLY DIDNT MAKE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE AND ITS SAFER SO I JUST WENT THAT ROUTE
Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

I use a 2002 os system on my 2000 Z. I do all my own tuning with HP tuners and can pretty much set IAT tables to what I what it to do. I have made over 20 passes so far with it all of them scanned it holds the afr a lot smoother than my old dry set up that I ran four years ago and it has no effect on my na tune. I have ran a wet system as well and was just wanting to try something new have been very impressed so far with how it is very repeatable as long as the bottle does not get low.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by algws6
Yes, bending the IAT pin and have a problem with your tune will do that. I'm sure you understand that since you deleted the thread about it.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Yes, bending the IAT pin and have a problem with your tune will do that. I'm sure you understand that since you deleted the thread about it.
Just an FYI....algws6 did not delete that thread. It was moved by a moderator.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

you know mike i was going to let this go but you want to keep on going. how could you have tested my interface on your car that "made 490 to the wheels that morining"? you said in your big enchilada thread "no spray yet". kinda funny you can test and see if the afr is working without spraying the car.

"I'm offended! no spray yet, all NA.

I'll get back to you guys on the cam specs" quoted from mike at hsw.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
That would be me. if you guys want it back open i will do so, but we must watch how we present our arguments, myself included. Also, I would delete references to a company that was here before and was up to no good.
Robert
Old 04-16-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

you sir are correct. it was deleted by the person who used to protect cold fusion and now protects hsw.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was wondering what happened to that thread.

Why was it moved though?? The admin/mod staff trying to sweep **** under the rug?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Robert56
That would be me. if you guys want it back open i will do so, but we must watch how we present our arguments, myself included. Also, I would delete references to a company that was here before and was up to no good.
Robert
Robert...I wouldnt put it back up yet unless both parties agree to do so. IMO they should be able to figure this out and both come to a resolution. It may take some effort on the part of both parties though.

I think the BEST thing would be for HSW and algws6 to agree to make the best attempt to resolve this in some way. They could do it in the old thread...or by PMs and emails and phone in private.

Makes no difference to me...just a thought.