Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crackle sound when using nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

I am also showing base jetting for your application as 31n/18f with 33-40psi fuel pressure.

Your thinking is correct in going up in size on the fuel jet.

On the spark plugs what is the stock plug for the car, and are you pulling any timing ?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
508 Stroker,
Yes I have a couple other spark plug right ups as well. That seems to be about the best there currently is. I am in the process of collecting a bunch of info and pictures to do a better right up that I think will explain things alittle better.

Dave
That would be sweet. When it is done let me know, maybe I can learn something new in plug reading. I personally think too many people these days ignore plug reading in favor of wide bands which IMO are not as accurate. People do that and then a few days later they are posting asking why their car is slow and making some strange noises.

I got some spot on clean plug chops from a jeff prock direct port system pushing a 3rd en to 9.20's. Tune is dead on, I can get some pics that you can use as an example if you would like. I also have some NASTY pictures from bad tunes, melted pistons, rich, lean etc etc. If I can be of any help at all let me know!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

To the OP, how did the bigger jet work out for you? You should also try to find a way to see what your fuel pressure is sitting at under full load WOT. That can play a role in your jetting, and let you know if you are running out of fuel.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Its nice to see something different on the board..

Have you varified fuel is running out from the fuel solenoid upon activation?

Dave
Twice now. There is fuel coming out

Ok, well today i did some more testing. Tried the 20 shot on the fuel and same sound. Also tried a 22 shot and same thing... Im running out of options

I did some trouble shooting tho. I tested with the nitrous turned off and only fuel. It dosnt make a sound so my problem is something to do with the mixture of nitrous and fuel.

I might upgrade my fuel pump, but from what i know my motor only takes as much fuel as the stock integra gsr engine would... so i can't see it not being able to supply enoth fuel... not to mention my integra is a gsr so its what people look for in a fuel pump (puts out the most lph... some thing like 120 if i remember right)

Anyone have any suggestions
Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

I really do not know your car well at all, so all I can really think of is running out of fuel, or the cold from the nitrous is messing with your air metering causing it to go lean. I am pretty much at a loss. Have you tried talking to other people running the same set up as you? Maybe there is something being over looked?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

I just went out side, let the engine warm up to check the fuel pressure. (gauge on aftermarket fuel rail)

Idel: 28psi
Wot: 33-35psi ~ish (cant really tell since the niddle on the gauge is bouncing when i rev it to wot in neutral)
Vacumm line dicsonnected from manifoldis 39psi simulating WOT

Last edited by lak8; 07-14-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Revving is different than it being under load though. Open the hood, have a buddy sit on the motor and blast down the street and ask him what it reads haha. Like I said, right now, on that set up, I am pretty stumped. Try giving Nitrous Outlet a call and talk with them. Maybe even call NX and see what they have to say.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

I just looked in the dealer manual and fuel pressure readings are bang on...

What next i dont know, heh
Old 07-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

still not sure what to do. Im thinking of upgrading the fuel pump... Other then that im clueless on what else.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

get on a dyno with a tuner?

Quick Reply: crackle sound when using nitrous