Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What style kit would you go with?
Wet kit-single stage
10.14%
Wet kit-dual stage
21.74%
Direct port- single stage
68.12%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

402+big shot build=what kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to go to a direct port on my 402 but i dont want people to see a direct port kit and say "holy ****, **** that, im not running that"

i might go with a single stage plate with a pregressive controller, but im not sure yet.

im not trying to hide my nitrous, but i dont want it to look like a racecar under the hood, i like the clean sleeper look
Old 10-20-2008, 04:48 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Keep the hood shut then
Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Keep the hood shut then
ya, i know i could do that, but them people get intimidated by somebody that wont pop a hood.

i didnt mind popping a hood last year, they seen a stock L76 intake and though it was just an ls6 intake, i like letting people look under my hood and seeing just a typical LS1 motor, then they think they have it in the bag.

i want to pop the hood with just a little plate kit so nobody thinks anything of my car, im going for the sleeper look inside and out
Old 10-20-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

FOr a 275 to 300 hit I wouldn't use anything other then a DP. With a hit that big you do NOT want to rely on the intake to distribute the nitrous evenly. THe directport you can tune each cylinder individually, with a plate behind the TB or a couple nozzles, you're "hoping" the intake will do it for you, and I can guarintee that #7, #8 and #5 are gonna get hammered alot harder in that order then the front 5 cylinders due to the inherent design of the intake. No more then 150 thru one of those plates, if you don't believe me then have the plate/intake flowed by someone that can do that for you, and you will see. The distribution, will not be good.

If you are going to run a single plane, then you can put a hit that big thru a plate, but that's a stiff hit with a plate kit and if you're tuneup and engine parts aren't 100% it's gonna eat some stuff up eventually.

Well put bro
Old 10-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

yep
Old 10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

We have flowed a Vic Jr. with a conventional plate and those don't even distribute evenly above a 200 shot. I would suggest a super vic for a carb style plate.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GoldRust
We have flowed a Vic Jr. with a conventional plate and those don't even distribute evenly above a 200 shot. I would suggest a super vic for a carb style plate.

what about a GMPP L92 Carb intake with a Gemini Plate and the hardlines all modified to flow straight to the jets vs the stock "F" style fittings? Does that flow evenly vs some of the other setups? My 200 pills (100 x 2) made 285rwhp on the dyno. 420rwhp on motor with the nitrous tune and 707rwhp on the spray.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Race your car!

wizeass you need to make a rull 1/4 mile run, and shut the car off as you go across the line, and bring 8 plugs and the wrench with you.

When you pull all 8 mark where they came from and take a GOOD look at them, I guarintee you are gonna see some cylinders running differently then others.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Keep the hood shut then
Agreed....friend of mine has the hood welded shut on his camaro so no1 even asks for them to pop....guess plate kit would be good choice though won't look too crazy so basically what u want
Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

DRY kit......I am spraying 500 right now and I have less then 500 dollars in my kit. Better know what you are doing though. Plate is for beginners (not much adjusting to be done) Foggers are more work. Watching you plugs and making pill adjustments to make closer to each other. Dry kit..........Alot of tunning and watching plugs, but in the end is much better then the other 2 IMO.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:13 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blknight6989

Agreed....friend of mine has the hood welded shut on his camaro so no1 even asks for them to pop....guess plate kit would be good choice though won't look too crazy so basically what u want

welded shut, wtf.

if i do go with a plate ill hit it with a smaller shot, watch the plugs, and just keep going up from there. i know im not the first one to run that big of a shot through a plate
Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

What if you have a wideband and a DP setup, is plug reading as vital then?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blknight6989

Welded his hood? Thats pretty hardcore...
Old 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
Welded his hood? Thats pretty hardcore...

DOH! gotta drop the k-member to replace a spark plug!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

^^^
Old 10-22-2008, 08:20 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1.8t
i would, just incase the back cylinders are running leaner, then you can jet the cylinders accordingly
Old 10-23-2008, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
DRY kit......I am spraying 500 right now and I have less then 500 dollars in my kit. Better know what you are doing though. Plate is for beginners (not much adjusting to be done) Foggers are more work. Watching you plugs and making pill adjustments to make closer to each other. Dry kit..........Alot of tunning and watching plugs, but in the end is much better then the other 2 IMO.
CJ, just curious..... will a car that runs that much dry nitrous function on the street? I know your car is not made for the street although I do remember something about someone seeing you on the highway once. My question is: With that much dry nitrous and the tricks needed to tune for it with an injector greater than a 60lb and the stock PCM tuning tricks like SD etc.....

Will the car run normally off the spray without the tune WOT? or will it be extremely rich? I have no clue apparently and was just curious how streetable that much dry nitrous would be.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WizeAss
With that much dry nitrous and the tricks needed to tune for it with an injector greater than a 60lb and the stock PCM tuning tricks like SD etc.....

I would think this would be the case. His a/f and timing would have to be adjusted to go rich and retard just before his shot hits on the window switch. I would think it would be safe to command the PCM to do this roughly 500~750rpm before the shot hits? Not real sure as I haven't read much on tuning the ECM for dry hits and what a "safe" margin is to command the appropriate adjustments in the tune.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by 1.8t
Wideband is useless, the ONLY thing that is gonna tell you what is going on in the motor is the plug, becuase it's the only thing that's seeing the cylinder's condition.

You need to read EVERY plug, EVERY pass until you are 100% sure you have your tuneup strait, and then you need to be flowing your fuel system if you want consistant performance, and you need to be doing that before EVERY run as well, for utmost repeatability.

Flowing when you get to the track to verify the fuel delivery, and a good accurate guage so that if something goes wrong is probably enough so you can go the day without flowing it again, but doing it every run will get you the best results.

As for the guy that welded his hood shut, that's got to be one POS car that probably doesn't run for ****, unless the entire front clip comes off as one piece so you can get to the engine, I don't know anyone with anything that's fast that isn't under the hood constantly for one reason or another.

As for the dry setup that Guess who's running, that is not something I would suggest anyone start off with. That's alot to learn and is a really good way to hurt alot, and I mean ALOT of **** before you figure out what you're doing.

Dry nitrous in general, because you are relying on the tune to take care of the nitrous IMO is risky for the beginner, better off to start with a wet system to learn how it works, what a single fuel jet change does to the tune, etc.etc. before trying to get the computer to compensate.

Plus, I look at it like this, the fastest nitrous cars are promod cars, and they're running 3 to 6 kits, and every one of them is wet. That being said, if the fastest nitrous cars out there are running wet systems, why are we trying to reinvent the wheel?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

That being said, if the fastest nitrous cars out there are running wet systems, why are we trying to reinvent the wheel?
Robert56 in 5.......4.......3......2.......1