Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous noob....what caused this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brake, Notice none of these self proclaimed Nitrous gods answered any of the question I asked. Huh? Here's anothe plug guru's. What is causing the "peppering" as you put it. On a stock motor?
Really? My car will speckle a TR6 on the motor with 27* of timing, so your telling me they will be MORE than enough for a 150 shot?
I'll give you time to do some research so you can post up some great BS story you read somewhere!

This thread is full of lies and missinformation.

The only thing I agree on is the plugs didn't cause the problem.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I could see the pics. Damned Gov computers.

I will say I ran on TR6's all year in my H/C car with a 100-200 shot. Never one problem, but I ran really conservative timing and good fuel.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by quik406
Brake, Notice none of these self proclaimed Nitrous gods answered any of the question I asked. Huh? Here's anothe plug guru's. What is causing the "peppering" as you put it. On a stock motor? I'll give you time to do some research so you can post up some great BS story you read somewhere!

This thread is full of lies and missinformation.

The only thing I agree on is the plugs didn't cause the problem.
Self proclaimed nitrous god...
I wouldnt say that.... I would say I know a little bit and have done a few things when it comes to an LS1 on spray.

The Peppering was from to much timing...... Its far from a stock motor.

Any other stories you need me to make up? or any other questions you need answered?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:41 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
I wish I could see the pics. Damned Gov computers.

I will say I ran on TR6's all year in my H/C car with a 100-200 shot. Never one problem, but I ran really conservative timing and good fuel.
Its of 4 TR6 plugs with the ground straps burned off.

Thats a whole nother story low timing and race gas and you can run a hotter plug. Pump gas and stockish timing needs a colder plug. (insert pic of nitrous god)
Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Explain to me how to much timing caused it and for that matter what is it that is happening to the plug.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds like he needs to step to a colder plug. Everyone's motor/tune is different and will have different needs. When I have seen or heard of complete straps burning off, it is usually because it turns into a glow plug and causes pre ignition.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM
9 Second Club

Explain to me how to much timing caused it and for that matter what is it that is happening to the plug.
28* and it had tiny ***** of metal on the plug you could barely see them with the naked eye but they showed up good with a plug reader.

I have a question for you .....
How fast is this monster you own on a 175 shot?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

I was running 23* timing with 11.4:1 afr on a 175 shot. I run AR94 plugs. Everything looks good. I added a 2nd stage for a total of 225, backed the timing down to 17* and leaned it out a tad to 11.7:1 afr. Stock unported heads w/ stock bottom end.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

28* and it had tiny ***** of metal on the plug you could barely see them with the naked eye but they showed up good with a plug reader.
The funny thing is I knew you were going to say that. I promise you it is not metal! Anyone who thinks that is metal is full of crap and do not understand all they think they do. The big problem in this thread is the gurus don't really know the difference between detonation, pre-ignition, and airfuel ratios effect on nitrous tune!

I have a question for you .....
How fast is this monster you own on a 175 shot?
What does that have to do with all the lies in this thread???
What car. My wifes STOCK 98 A4 has went 11.40's @121 with street tires, no tune, full weight. On a .62 jet. Has plenty more in it, she just don't like to take to the track!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well - from seeing the plugs, Id say its time to start from scratch on the entire setup and go safe before you hurt something more expensive than a plug.

Colder plugs, less timing, and more fuel.... then adjust as needed, when you start peppering plugs turn it back a notch.

Like ATVRacer said, you wont lose anything significant by going to a colder plug.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
9 Second Club

The funny thing is I knew you were going to say that. I promise you it is not metal! Anyone who thinks that is metal is full of crap and do not understand all they think they do. The big problem in this thread is the gurus don't really know the difference between detonation, pre-ignition, and airfuel ratios effect on nitrous tune!

What does that have to do with all the lies in this thread???
What car. My wifes STOCK 98 A4 has went 11.40's @121 with street tires, no tune, full weight. On a .62 jet. Has plenty more in it, she just don't like to take to the track!

Well help me out ... what is it? there was no nitrous involved.

It doesnt but I have a hard time taking advise or criticism from someone who has never been fast or built anything fast.
Because you changed oil at a ford dealership doesnt mean you know anything about nitrous.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Banned

Damn can we just get opinions instead of everybody talkin **** and asking questions???
Old 10-01-2008, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

Default its over your head....i guess

It could. If the plug is so cold, that is does not self clean, and causes missfires. But I am sure that never happens

Please explain what that has to do with spray and plugs. I would love to learn something new!
an engine with more cylinder pressure weather its made from spray compression boost or what the **** ever needs a colder plug...an ms4 has alot of overlap which raises cylinder pressure to make power...on spray a colder plug is needed....these guys kill me sticking a huge *** n/a cam in a car and bitch because it doesnt perform on spray...or melts somthing...
Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
11 Second Truck Club

It doesnt but I have a hard time taking advise or criticism from someone who has never been fast or built anything fast.
Because you changed oil at a ford dealership doesnt mean you know anything about nitrous.
Sounds to me like you know as much this guy's cars as you know about Nitrous & Reading plugs.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Well help me out ... what is it? there was no nitrous involved
Sorry not going to spoon feed some bullsh*ter! Do some research, I am sure the answer is out there if you look. I would condsider PM'ing to a few.

an engine with more cylinder pressure weather its made from spray compression boost or what the **** ever needs a colder plug...an ms4 has alot of overlap which raises cylinder pressure to make power...on spray a colder plug is needed....these guys kill me sticking a huge *** n/a cam in a car and bitch because it doesnt perform on spray...or melts somthing...
About the dumbest statement I have read on here. I feel sorry for you!

It doesnt but I have a hard time taking advise or criticism from someone who has never been fast or built anything fast
Just because I do not put some lame *** club under my avitar, does not mean I do not have fast cars. You are welcome to come to Kansas to find out. Do you really think my car is slower then my wifes street car. Thanks!

Because you changed oil at a ford dealership doesnt mean you know anything about nitrous
Not sure what you mean, Do you work at a Ford Dealer? It would be clear to anyone that understands nitrous that I know a hell of alot more then you.

Good luck, It is BS like this that makes people afraid of spray!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:39 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Well help me out ... what is it? there was no nitrous involved
I know I know!!!!

But if I tell ya, you have to give me a dollar.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 PM
9 Second Club

You clowns are right I know nothing.

My junk is faster than your 10 second 3rd gen. or your buddy's gay *** truck.

I built it in my garage and I tuned it.

Kansas is gay bring your *** to GB and get some!
Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

About the dumbest statement I have read on here. I feel sorry for you!
how is it dumb???so you are saying a cam with more overlap doesnt increase DCR....which raises cylinder pressures???please elaborate on why every statementin this thread is wrong besides yours is wrong???do you even understand how the internal combustion engine functions....by my understanding you are saying an engine with a dcr of 8.5 would use the same plug as an engine with a dcr of 8.0.....on nitrous of course....

you need to do some research you are an idiot......

dcr
Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Great Britain????

Oh, and my Banshee is faster then yours too!
Old 10-01-2008, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Default retards

Originally Posted by ATVracr
You clowns are right I know nothing.

My junk is faster than your 10 second 3rd gen. or your buddy's gay *** truck.

I built it in my garage and I tuned it.

Kansas is gay bring your *** to GB and get some!
there is no arguing with some people.....its pointless the dumbass probably doesnt even have a car...

the op needsd a colder plug anyone with any knowledge at all knows why..

Quick Reply: Nitrous noob....what caused this?