Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous noob....what caused this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPFD
Yup that won't buy you a 10, much less a low 10.
You ******* kidding me????

That has the power to run 10's ALL day long.

I'll bet you $100 Wayne can/will run a 10 N/A..........
Old 10-01-2008, 04:00 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Where did all this trail park talk come from? By the end of the week my money will probably be used to buy out your mortgage.

It took me all of 20 sec to plug his numbers in to three different e.t. calculators, none of which gave me a 10, or faster. You guys must me using California corrected times.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

Where did all this trail park talk come from? By the end of the week my money will probably be used to buy out your mortgage.
Lets see here.... Kansas and 3rd gens...

Do you have a mullet?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Default holy ****...

Originally Posted by BOTTLEFEDLS1Z
Lets see here.... Kansas and 3rd gens...

Do you have a mullet?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:14 PM
11 Second Truck Club

A mullet? Right? Is that the best you could come up with?

I'm gonna go head and let you idiot's think what ever you want.
But hey the upside is when I leave you will be the smartest ones in this thread.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BOTTLEFEDLS1Z
You ******* kidding me????

That has the power to run 10's ALL day long.

I'll bet you $100 Wayne can/will run a 10 N/A..........
ll take that bet, a glide and converter tighter than a nuns ***
Old 10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BDWS6
First off, TR6's are MORE than sufficient to run with a 150 wet shot. My car runs 10's on a 150 shot and TR6 plugs.

2nd, when describing a "Fucked up tune" was it done on a dyno, or was it a mail order tune?

3rd there are many different octanes available at pumps, what octane fuel are you running? I would hope that no one would run less than 93 anyways, ESPECIALLY on spray.

4th. What injectors are in the car?

I would suggest pulling 2 more degrees of timing and getting the car on a dyno for a decent tune. I would NEVER trust a mail order tune, especially on a car with power adders.
(side thread: what kind of n2o setup are you using? single nozzle? power ring? plate? direct port? thanks)
Old 10-01-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice Blake see what you caused.
Why couldn't you pick up the phone instead.
175 shot no wander you walked that Slobra.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

This is why this site is the laughing stock of the true performance world. Most self respecting engine builders would not be caught dead in here or get kicked off. When ever someone tries to correct BS, a few losers who can't defend there position have to resort to attacks.Then some moron who is dumber then them jump in to support there BS. Yep I am owned now. You got me.
ATV I'll betyou $100 I have more then twice your net worth! Also were I am from if you race 4 wheelers you are white trash. We raced bikes. Sorry!

Brake, We need more info to make a logical decision. If you want some help PM me. I was just posing some questions to prove a point which I did. No one had anything logical to say.
By tune I ment with ecu, or fuel, bottle pressure tuning. I promise you that jet package you were running, would not have done that with the stock tune. Heres a question, when you slow the timing down what happens to exhaust temps?

Ladies and gentlemen here is your nitrous god

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...045&highlight=

I had fun. I jumped in here knowing I could get a rise out of simpletons. And I DID!!

Good luck all!

Last edited by quik406; 10-01-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

It took me all of 20 sec to plug his numbers in to three different e.t. calculators, none of which gave me a 10, or faster. You guys must me using California corrected times.
I don't know what calculator you are using, but I would throw it away. My car with the 414ci, 505RWHP went 11.007 at 128 with a 6 speed, shitty track prep, and a less than stellar 1.8 60'. So with a glide and a good 60', 10's are a breeze.

Originally Posted by maggiemike
(side thread: what kind of n2o setup are you using? single nozzle? power ring? plate? direct port? thanks)
NOS Plate.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So much for any useful knowledge coming from this thread...guess I will call Dave and ask his advice when the time comes to buy from him.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
ll take that bet, a glide and converter tighter than a nuns ***
Lets bet 1,000 not a 100.... who said I was going to run a 30" tire and my nitrous converter?

Still want to bet?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BRAKE

These are a fresh pair of tr6's, I pulled them out of cylinders 5,7 and 6,8, is this detonation? If so what causes it, lack of fuel, too much timing, plugs not gapped properly? I'm running a 150 shot, jets .062 N and .033 F btw.

Thanks in advance.

24 degrees is a lot of timing for your setup. You could probably richen it up a tad as well.

TR6 plugs are fine. I ran the **** out of them with a 150 shot on the street, but I was running a lot less timing than you.

If you want to run that much timing and the same fuel you need to change to a colder plug.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by quik406
This is why this site is the laughing stock of the true performance world. Most self respecting engine builders would not be caught dead in here or get kicked off. When ever someone tries to correct BS, a few losers who can't defend there position have to resort to attacks.Then some moron who is dumber then them jump in to support there BS. Yep I am owned now. You got me.
ATV I'll betyou $100 I have more then twice your net worth! Also were I am from if you race 4 wheelers you are white trash. We raced bikes. Sorry!

Brake, We need more info to make a logical decision. If you want some help PM me. I was just posing some questions to prove a point which I did. No one had anything logical to say.
By tune I ment with ecu, or fuel, bottle pressure tuning. I promise you that jet package you were running, would not have done that with the stock tune. Heres a question, when you slow the timing down what happens to exhaust temps?

Ladies and gentlemen here is your nitrous god

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...045&highlight=

I had fun. I jumped in here knowing I could get a rise out of simpletons. And I DID!!

Good luck all!
I could have bought 5 bikes with the money I had in my ATV.

You got me there.... 5 years ago I asked how to get the vent out without breaking it..... NEATO !!
5 Years ago I just bought my LS1 and 6 months later it ran 11's......Hello and welcome to 2004 clownshoes.

By the way we have shopping carts in GB that run faster than your ****.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=#post9121019

Do you still need to know how to put an intake on? I have installed a few Vic Jr's let me know if you need any advice.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:41 PM
8 Second Club

BTW - the black specks on your plugs could be from fuel. This is the case with my setup as well. Just get a GOOD plug reader and make sure it isn't piston.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by FastBlackTA
24 degrees is a lot of timing for your setup. You could probably richen it up a tad as well.

TR6 plugs are fine. I ran the **** out of them with a 150 shot on the street, but I was running a lot less timing than you.

If you want to run that much timing and the same fuel you need to change to a colder plug.
Stop it..... you dontknow **** about nitrous ..... LMAO !!!

Your selling the motor already? going turbo?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

Do you still need to know how to put an intake on? I have installed a few Vic Jr's let me know if you need any advice
I was interested in results, not how to do it. That was also before I knew the sad truth about ls1toke.
My wifes car ran 11's the same week she bought it, with used parts we had at the shop. What does that prove about nitrous?
We did what you say, we couldn't. Never hurt a motor!

I could have bought 5 bikes with the money I had in my ATV.
Another reason racing ATV's is stupid. Guess thats why they need 4 wheels. Also proves my point about net worth.

NOTICE THIS JOKER NEVER COULD ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, OR COME UP WITH INFORMATION THAT IS REAL. JUST ATTACK ME, WITH PERSONAL JOKES.

Kinda sad
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 AM
9 Second Club

I was interested in results, not how to do it. That was also before I knew the sad truth about ls1toke.
My wifes car ran 11's the same week she bought it, with used parts we had at the shop. What does that prove about nitrous?
We did what you say, we couldn't. Never hurt a motor!

Another reason racing ATV's is stupid. Guess thats why they need 4 wheels. Also proves my point about net worth.

NOTICE THIS JOKER NEVER COULD ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, OR COME UP WITH INFORMATION THAT IS REAL. JUST ATTACK ME, WITH PERSONAL JOKES.

Kinda sad

What did you want to know? We have done a few Vic. Jr. swaps.

WOW ... you went 11's without hurting the motor.... thats never been done before.

Not my fault you cant afford to race quads.

Again what do you need answered?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is why this site is the laughing stock of the true performance world. Most self respecting engine builders would not be caught dead in here or get kicked off.
If this is true, and you're as great as you think you are.... WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ok back on topic. Im runnic a mild H/C car (402RWHP) on a 100 shot. i am on TR6 plugs at 26* i believe. Once in a long while i do see the SES(on anywaays due to Emission stuff) blinking, meaning misfires. my question is should i go to TR7 plugs just to be safe. In addition, i always run 91 or higher.

EDIT: FWIW i would listen to ATVracer over most people in this section. He has proven multiple times he knows what hes doing. calling him wrong is extremely ignorant. the man has been around.

Quick Reply: Nitrous noob....what caused this?