Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

WTB: Romanian AK-47 Parts Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB: Romanian AK-47 Parts Kit

I'm looking to by an Romanian AK-47 parts kit. I live in Phoenix, AZ. Please let me know if you have one for sale. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

Go to a the bookstore Barnes & Noble...

Get a copy of "Shotgun News."

Inside you'll find Polish, Bulgarian, Chinese, and even sometimes Russian full-auto parts kits from guns that were retired.... they come with all parts except the receiver.... and you can buy/order that at any gun shop...

But just so you know. It's a 10 year federal sentence and a10k fine per violation if you have a complete weapon..

I used to have an illegal M-16 I made from an Ar-15 and some parts I bought.... it was funnnnnnnn, but in he end I got rid of it after almost getting busted.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA

Inside you'll find Polish, Bulgarian, Chinese, and even sometimes Russian full-auto parts kits from guns that were retired.... they come with all parts except the receiver.... and you can buy/order that at any gun shop...

But just so you know. It's a 10 year federal sentence and a10k fine per violation if you have a complete weapon..

I used to have an illegal M-16 I made from an Ar-15 and some parts I bought.... it was funnnnnnnn, but in he end I got rid of it after almost getting busted.
south shall rise again huh?
Old 09-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA

I already have the receiver from which I bought from an FFL and is US made.

However, you're statement is only somewhat true. It's only illegal if you sell one that you have made or own a completed peice that does not conform to the BATF regulation. It's not illegal to own an AK you've built yourself as long as you have at least 25% US made parts. A lot of people do it. That is the Federal law. However, states can add to that law, but Arizona has not.

A gun’s Receiver is the only part of the gun legally considered a firearm. Everything else, the barrel, trigger, buttstock, magazine, bolt assembly, ejector, etc are just simply parts, hunks of metal, so no regulations apply to them.

My receiver is technically the ak-47 which I bought from an FFL. So all I need are the parts to replace everthing else. I already have a US made trigger group, US made gas piston, US made rivets, and the receiver which is also US made. All I technically need is the stock, bolt assembly and the barrel.

More of a background
Once the defunct Federal Assault Weapons ban expired in 2004 and the ownership of ”assault rifles” better described as “scary looking guns” such as AK-47’s became legal again. However, states can still institute their own gun control laws. Such states include California where I beleive it is illegal to own any assault rifle even if it is semi-auto. In AZ, where I live, it is not illegal to own a semi-auto. In fact, this is why a lot of the vendors at AZ gun shows will not sell in California gun shows. They feel that Cali is a legal minefield. With that being said, it is illegal to own an automatic weapon anywhere in the US without the proper licensce.

I really don't want to get into a large discussion on gun laws because I'll get really frustrated, but if someone was from Cali (most liberal state) then yes, it would have been illegal. I am from AZ where it is not. I really don't know the gun laws in GA so I couldn't confirm or deny if that was illegal in GA. Furthermore, as I stated, the parts kits do not include a receiver so they cannot be regulated as a firearm. This is why an FFL is not needed in order to purchase and/or ship a parts kit. If you don't beleive me, go to gunsamerica and search for a parts kit. Every listing will say *No FFL Needed*

Maybe you should do some checking on the laws in GA. You might find that you might be able to build another assault rifle. I know how fun they are.

And BTW, thanks for replying and for the info about shotgun news. I'm always interested in talking with other firearm entheusists.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think he was referring to a full auto parts kit when he said if you have a completed weapon you get a 10 year sentence.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DynoDR
I think he was referring to a full auto parts kit when he said if you have a completed weapon you get a 10 year sentence.
^ Correct.

Who gives a crap about semi auto stuff? Lame if you ask me....

I was talking about the REAL parts kits you can get.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Ahh, my mistake. I'm sill looking for a parts kit though.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Auto is fun for wasting bullets..

I'm an avid shooter myself..I have a Yugo Underfolder with all the banned stuff, it's made in the USA on one of the PKM Recievers. Shoots really accurately, still a semi.

I also have a Bushmaster LEO Stamped XM-15E2 Rifle made in the mid 90's, it's got all the banned stuff on it, as well as an unblocked Reciever. 1/9 Nato HBAR, verty accurate out to 500yrds.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02SS3098
I already have the receiver from which I bought from an FFL and is US made.

However, you're statement is only somewhat true. It's only illegal if you sell one that you have made or own a completed peice that does not conform to the BATF regulation. It's not illegal to own an AK you've built yourself as long as you have at least 25% US made parts. A lot of people do it. That is the Federal law. However, states can add to that law, but Arizona has not.

A gun’s Receiver is the only part of the gun legally considered a firearm. Everything else, the barrel, trigger, buttstock, magazine, bolt assembly, ejector, etc are just simply parts, hunks of metal, so no regulations apply to them.

My receiver is technically the ak-47 which I bought from an FFL. So all I need are the parts to replace everthing else. I already have a US made trigger group, US made gas piston, US made rivets, and the receiver which is also US made. All I technically need is the stock, bolt assembly and the barrel.

More of a background
Once the defunct Federal Assault Weapons ban expired in 2004 and the ownership of ”assault rifles” better described as “scary looking guns” such as AK-47’s became legal again. However, states can still institute their own gun control laws. Such states include California where I beleive it is illegal to own any assault rifle even if it is semi-auto. In AZ, where I live, it is not illegal to own a semi-auto. In fact, this is why a lot of the vendors at AZ gun shows will not sell in California gun shows. They feel that Cali is a legal minefield. With that being said, it is illegal to own an automatic weapon anywhere in the US without the proper licensce.

I really don't want to get into a large discussion on gun laws because I'll get really frustrated, but if someone was from Cali (most liberal state) then yes, it would have been illegal. I am from AZ where it is not. I really don't know the gun laws in GA so I couldn't confirm or deny if that was illegal in GA. Furthermore, as I stated, the parts kits do not include a receiver so they cannot be regulated as a firearm. This is why an FFL is not needed in order to purchase and/or ship a parts kit. If you don't beleive me, go to gunsamerica and search for a parts kit. Every listing will say *No FFL Needed*

Maybe you should do some checking on the laws in GA. You might find that you might be able to build another assault rifle. I know how fun they are.

And BTW, thanks for replying and for the info about shotgun news. I'm always interested in talking with other firearm entheusists.
The ATF recently changed the law that bans the importation of parts kits if when put together they would be an illegal firearm. Also the receiver is no the only part of the gun that is considered a gun. The sear in a full-auto weapon is considered a F/A by itself. If you have a weapon in your house and all the parts to make it full-auto they can still get you for an illegal weapon it doesn't have to be put together.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Still looking for one.

Quick Reply: WTB: Romanian AK-47 Parts Kit