non-LSX Parts For Sale SBC, LT1, V6, etc.

LS1 front calipers & Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 front calipers & Master Cylinder

Since I'm thinking about jumping right to the C5 front brakes instead of messing with the LS1 upgrade, I have some calipers for sale. I'm just checking to see if people are interested in some 98-02 Camaro/Firebird (LS1) front calipers. I'm pretty sure they are all GM and not a refurbished aftermarket but I would have to look again to be sure. Make me an offer.

I have a front pair pulled off a 2002 Camaro that had ~60k miles on it. All the seals are in good shape and the stock rubber hoses are still attached. I also have the abutment bracket for both calipers. There is no corrosion and only very very minimal surface rust on the abutments. These come with pads and the anti-rattle clips. They should be cleaned since there is still brake dust on them. SOLD

The other front pair is off a 2001 Camaro with ~80k miles. These have the abutment brackets too. The calipers do have some corrosion on them and the abutment brackets have some surface rust. The seals and what not on this pair also look good, but the pistons are rusty and need to be replaced. $50 PENDING

This caliper is brand spank'n new. I can't remember the side it is for, but it is also for the front and doesn't have the abutment bracket included (it does have new bolts to attach the caliper to the abutment). It is still in the plastic bag and has the oil stuff on it from the packaging. I have the box it came in too. There are no anit-rattle clips or pads included with this caliper. $60

I also have a master cylinder from a 99 Camaro. It looks brand new. Unsure of the mileage on it. SOLD

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by racing geek; 12-09-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Here are some pictures for the set from the 2002 Camaro with 60k and the new caliper.
http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...%20for%20Sale/

I can't seem to find the calipers from the 2001 Camaro, just the abutment brackets for that set. I don't know how they ever got separated but they have. I'll keep looking and I'll get some pictures up for the master cylinder too.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Not even 5 hours and I just sold the master cylinder to someone on another forum. I've also got someone interested in a set of calipers. Make a deal with me before it's too late.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Teching In

morning bump
Old 11-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Guess what!! I just found the calipers from the 2001 Camaro!! smile.gif They were sitting in the bed of my dad's '38 pickup.

Problem is that they are in worse condition then I thought. I updated the first post to reflect that. Pictures of these calipers can be found in my photobucket account which is linked above. If you see anything else in the "For Sale" folder, let me know. If it's in there it's for sale.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Teching In

ttt...
Old 12-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Teching In

ttt...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Pm sent