non-LSX Parts For Sale SBC, LT1, V6, etc.

94/95 PTM (power tuning module)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 94/95 PTM (power tuning module)

this plugs into your ecm and is pretty much a chip..it was in my car when i bought it and now i am doing a 6 spd 97 LT4 motor/tranny swap and i cant use this for my new motor..so if anybody wants this then i will take 85 shipped for it..this piece is in perfect condition by the way..
thanks, jarrett
Old 01-05-2008, 02:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

bumpppp
Old 01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Jarrett for refunding the cost of the taillights. They will be shipped back to you tomorrow.

Last edited by umrjmac; 01-22-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Seller refunded cost of misadvertised merchandise
Old 01-14-2008, 04:21 AM
On The Tree

don't all the taillights have divots? All this time I thought that was normal.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

haha no, not at all. Only ones that have gotten too hot
Old 01-14-2008, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

ha! learn something everyday. down here , every camaro I see seems to have the divots. They are so right..i thought it was a molded in thing...I love it..mistakes with style
Old 01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow and on my post....stop trying to bad mouth me man you bought used **** and you ecpect it to be perfect..you got a good deal for really nice used pieces..if you want PERFECT go get NOS **** man....this is my post to try to sell **** grow up
Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Jarrett PM'ed me this message as well as posting here. Since he posted it, I will post my reply:

Was this before or after we talked on the phone?

Perfect was your word, not mine man. If you hadn't called them that I would have never sent you cash in the first place. That is your mistake, not mine, so please take a little responsibility. You oversold. You promised item quality that you did not have to deliver. I understand that. It is natural to try to say what it takes to sell something, but that mentality also causes situations like this where the difference in item quality is large enough that the buyer cannot/will not be satisfied with the goods in question.

I certainly understand being agitated, I know I would be. But then again, when I was in a similar situation, I did the right thing and made the refund the same day. (and even then my situation was a little different. I had a used set of heads for an L36/L67 that were an EARLY porting by a company called ZZP. As such, the specs on them as "stage 2 heads" was not the same as the current product that they sell. I even had the documentation for the heads, but refunded the customer the cost of having the matching work done when he pointed out that they were not up to the current product spec since I did not communicate that ahead of time). The point is that I did the right thing even though it was inconvenient. In a forum sales situation you have to have a fair amount of blind faith in the other end of the transaction. I have that faith and it is my job to ensure that it is lived up to, or if not, it is to ensure that if someone else makes the same mistake, it is not for lack of warning.

Per our phone conversation, I still intend to update my posts to reflect the rest of the story, fix the trader rating post, and cancel my paypal claim when you paypal me back to set things straight.

Taking $10 off to cover your shipping costs to me and then offering to cover shipping costs back to you so that you are not out any money is generous on my end, since I am not in the wrong on this.

For what its worth, its not bad mouthing if its right, which it was as of last night. Keep in mind that there was no communication for about a week after you said you would call me back on Tuesday. Granted, you said that you broke your phone on Tuesday, but you had other means of communicating (email or pm on here, most notably) and since you didn't there was no way for me to know that you had a problem. The natural conclusion was that you were going to continue to ignore my calls and assume that I would eventually give up. This is a community and its my job to protect/inform my peers so that that sort of thing doesn't happen to someone else. Had you simply let me know that you were having a problem and needed more time or whatever, then things would have been peachy.

When you've reimbursed me, as I said, I am happy to tell the rest of the story, but what I have posted is correct and current as of last night.

Anyway, the moral of the story...from my perspective is that I am not mad or upset or anything. I simply want you to make things right, just like we talked about on the phone this afternoon.

If you have any questions or want to talk about how or why I did what I did, feel free to give me a call.

Have a nice evening, man

~Jason
The point is that I am not bad mouthing you. I am not slandering your character. I have not called you names.

I simply revealed my side of a bad situation to everyone to save them the same hassle. If your phone was broken and you are as apologetic as you sounded on the phone and you want to make things right, then that is great. I applaud you for doing the right thing...doing the right thing should be expected, not enforced. The community will see that you have made things right and then they wont have a need to question your ethics.