Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ What up dog! How ya been man? Get that baby ready soooon cause I want to smoke ya at the track this year lol!! You gonna go on the sonic cruise again this year?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey what's up bro!!! Yeah nothing to much just waiting to install my lid and FTRA but have to save for a tune first, almost there though!!! Yeah I'm going what day is it again so I can request it off. Oh yeah u will ge rme at the track,,, maybe,,,... What u been up to?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tmoney223
then what is the thing under the front of the car that has a
boot covering it? Is it part of the front axle? Lol I feel like a dumb *** now
That is your rack and pinion. AKA your steering conrols. A CV joint is like a u-joint in the driveline. It rotates and has the ability to turn side to side 90 degrees of the rotating shaft. Your rack and pinion doesn't rotate just moves side to side. Hope that better explains things for ya.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Hey what's up bro!!! Yeah nothing to much just waiting to install my lid and FTRA but have to save for a tune first, almost there though!!! Yeah I'm going what day is it again so I can request it off. Oh yeah u will ge rme at the track,,, maybe,,,... What u been up to?
Not much just waiting for the good weather to get here! I will let ya know what day asap! Oh what is an ftra?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok guys so I am starting to have a hyd. problem with my car, after high RPM run, esp if the car has been driving for a while, the pedal becomes weak and sometimes it will even stick down for a second. I ussually notice and stop what I am doing and it will go back to normal, or when it has stuck for a second I pump it a few times and it seems to work normally again. I looked at the fluid and it is pretty dark. I have read a lot about this issue and know they are known to have problems. I am wondering what your experiance have been with it and its cure.

So far I have read many things can fix it, starting with: changing fluid, bleed system, drill mod, new master cyclinder (tick or mcleod seems to be what most do esp tick) and sometimes can be issues with slave and or clutch. The car has 40,000 miles on it and is stock and only has the problem occasionally.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

oh ok I see. Yeah that helps alot!! I know what a cv joint is, but I gues I don't know enough..lol...so I get this poping sound somtimes when I turn right. I'm thinking it's the rack and pinion or wheel bearings, cause I can feel and hear alittle vibration coming from that side.

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
That is your rack and pinion. AKA your steering conrols. A CV joint is like a u-joint in the driveline. It rotates and has the ability to turn side to side 90 degrees of the rotating shaft. Your rack and pinion doesn't rotate just moves side to side. Hope that better explains things for ya.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

yeah I hear that bro on the good weather!!!! Can't stand this **** any more...
This is what a FTRA is
http://www.fasttoys.net/shop/product...products_id=28

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Not much just waiting for the good weather to get here! I will let ya know what day asap! Oh what is an ftra?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

well I don't know if it will help. My brothers truck has that same problem but it really bad. Driving down the road and come to a stop light and the damn clutch gets stuck on the floor board. You have to pull it up with the tip of your shoe to release it..lol.. He found out he has bad air bubbles in his lines, just has to bleed it.. If your fluid is dark then I would change it and bleed it out real good then go from there. Hope it helps alittle.

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
Ok guys so I am starting to have a hyd. problem with my car, after high RPM run, esp if the car has been driving for a while, the pedal becomes weak and sometimes it will even stick down for a second. I ussually notice and stop what I am doing and it will go back to normal, or when it has stuck for a second I pump it a few times and it seems to work normally again. I looked at the fluid and it is pretty dark. I have read a lot about this issue and know they are known to have problems. I am wondering what your experiance have been with it and its cure.

So far I have read many things can fix it, starting with: changing fluid, bleed system, drill mod, new master cyclinder (tick or mcleod seems to be what most do esp tick) and sometimes can be issues with slave and or clutch. The car has 40,000 miles on it and is stock and only has the problem occasionally.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah man, these cars have the most finicky hydraulic clutch systems EVER. I would try sucking out as much of the fluid as you can from the resovoir first, and then replace it with new fluid. Keep doing that every couple days of driving the car. If the fluid is really dark then it's getting debris in the seals making it not want to operate correctly. If that doesn't fix it, try bleeding the system. If that doesn't work, then it's probably something mechanically wrong like the pressure plate fingers are worn, or the slave, or master or both.....

If it only does it after a high rpm run, I would think it's probably a pressure plate issue.

Mike
Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys, yea it seems to be only after high RPM like heat/stress related. I was going to start with the fluid as you said just had not got a chance yet, I was going to start by just sucking the fluid out of the resovoir, then drive it some, or even just pump the clutch a bunch and then see how it looks, repeat and go from there.

Mike which master are you running with your set up?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the input guys, yea it seems to be only after high RPM like heat/stress related. I was going to start with the fluid as you said just had not got a chance yet, I was going to start by just sucking the fluid out of the resovoir, then drive it some, or even just pump the clutch a bunch and then see how it looks, repeat and go from there.

Mike which master are you running with your set up?
I have a stock master that's been modified with an adjustable length rod.

Mike
Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good to hear that the stock one is working good for you, hopefully i will be able to just change the fluid and maybe bleed it and it will start working better.

mike how is your project going?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I need a clutch. Which clutch do you guys suggest? I don't mind it being a PITA to drive, I had the textraila And liked it but it's about to the end of its life. Slips in 4th-6th on street tires. Not wanting to run slicks on it. What do you guys suggest?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I had your power I would go mcleod twin disc!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I had your power I would go mcleod twin disc or an ls7!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
I need a clutch. Which clutch do you guys suggest? I don't mind it being a PITA to drive, I had the textraila And liked it but it's about to the end of its life. Slips in 4th-6th on street tires. Not wanting to run slicks on it. What do you guys suggest?
I love the Monster Level 3 I used all last season. I've been around these 4th gens for the better part of 11 years now and driven just about every clutch manufacturer out there. As far as single disk clutches go, I've never driven a better clutch that grips like a **** and still has great drivability for street use as this clutch does. There were a couple times I hot lapped my car 6-8 times in a row without a hint of clutch smell or fade. Simply a very nice single disk clutch and I'd rate it higher than any other by a LONG ways...

Mike
Old 03-11-2010, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

mike how is your project going?
It's going ok but I'm waiting on parts now. The narrowed rearend should be here Monday. Was supposed to be here this week but it was delayed,,,, yet again. Once that gets here I can check the fitment of the new 28x10.50-15 ET Drag slicks and see where I need to trim, or use the BFH on the inner fendwell. Never did get it mini-tubbed like I wanted to so it's not gonna be slammed on the ground like I wanted it. Maybe next year? Should hook like a **** though.

The final parts for the rollcage should be here tomorrow so that I can finish up the door bars. Then it's just reassembling the dash/interior.

Got some other cars to work on soon. Once they're finished up I can start on assembling the engine and get it in the car. Then I'll need to tune it and run some shakedown passes at PIR.

Mike
Old 03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

What the hell is the delay this time on the rear? Did they not turn it around like they said they would? Or was it a shipping delay?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
What the hell is the delay this time on the rear? Did they not turn it around like they said they would? Or was it a shipping delay?
Because they originally thought it was being ordered without the brackets for the torque arm, they installed the drain plug right where the brackets were supposed to be. It also had a pipe ring welded around the drain plug, probably to protect it when being jacked up? Soooo, all that had to be removed and fixed before they could weld on the new brackets/tabs.... Should be here Monday or Tuesday unless UPS gets hijacked, or an earthquake happens, or Mt Hood decides to blow up....? LOL.....

Mike
Old 03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

lol, watch, Mt. St. Helens will come back to life, and Yellowstone will blow up

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?