Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone with a new NHRA rule book, or access to one look something up for me? I'm hearing rumor of a new rule, needing a jacket and pants to race if the car has non stock blower/turbo/nitrous, with no reference to et or trap speed? Need to know this, I might need all that crap to run my turbo v6 when I finish it.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Well why don't you just drift the auto-x course..lol

It would be fun to learn how to drift!!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Drifting is for 110 pound men that drive cars with loud ricer exhaust systems.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude the point of drifting is so you can learn how to drive your car. You still dont even know how to do a burnout lol so how are gonna tell me you dont want to drift but back when you had your a4 you said that was the only thing holding you back If you think drifting is hard on your car then you better never drag race again cause thats 20x harder on it that drifting!!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
Drifting is for 110 pound men that drive cars with loud ricer exhaust systems.
Rowdy, Im a solid 230 and I like drifting so what does that make me
Drifting is for people that like to get sideways! Drag racing gets old to me thats the beauty of fbody, straight line performance and handles so why not use all their capabilities huh!!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Maybe drag racing gets old to you because you only pull 13's. If I wanted to drift, I would sell my 3000 plus pound car and buy something lighter with a turbo.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe drag racing gets old to you because you only pull 13's. If I wanted to drift, I would sell my 3000 plus pound car and buy something lighter with a turbo.
Wouldnt matter if I pulled 9's bro lol there is other racing than the 1320.
You got any time slips there slugger?? Looks like your more proud of your dyno #'s than times
Old 07-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Stacks of them. Been racing as hobby for many years now. And just because I choose to post my dyno #'s and modifications doesn't mean I'm proud, just shows what my car does. I have never once bragged or gloated about my #'s. I choose to keep my mouth shut on the boards and show what the car can do at the track.

I tend to keep my opinions to myself on here but I must say after reading through some of these threads on here you seem to be more of an internet warrior then anything. Do you enjoy running your mouth and talking tough to fellow members in your area? Because it sure seems that way. I'm surprised any of these guys hang with you.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Well looks like you hit a soft spot there bro..lol...
Man some people just can't say " naw not for me "

And for the record phill is a hella cool guy.
Hey when your down to drift let me know. Then we can show these little ricer guys how to drift in style
Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by musicman
Can someone with a new NHRA rule book, or access to one look something up for me? I'm hearing rumor of a new rule, needing a jacket and pants to race if the car has non stock blower/turbo/nitrous, with no reference to et or trap speed? Need to know this, I might need all that crap to run my turbo v6 when I finish it.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING
Full-length pants; short- or long-sleeved shirt; closed shoes; and
socks. No shorts. No tank tops. No open-toe or open-heel shoes or
sandals. Synthetic clothing not recommended.

10.00 (*6.40) to 13.99 (*8.59); all E.T. non-OEM supercharged,
non-OEM turbocharged, or nitrous-equipped cars with an OEM or
.024-inch steel firewall: Jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/1 mandatory.

10.00 (*6.40) to 13.99 (*8.59); all E.T. supercharged,
turbocharged, or nitrous-equipped cars without a full OEM or
.024-inch steel firewall: Jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/5 and
gloves meeting SFI Spec 3.3/1 mandatory.

All you will need is a fire jacket
Old 07-20-2010, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Well than you better just put your car in a museum now then and not drive it anymore. Why the hell did you get a performance car if your not gonna rally it You told me that once you got an m6 you would be down Dude your starting to act like an old man what up?
Dude the point of drifting is so you can learn how to drive your car. You still dont even know how to do a burnout lol so how are gonna tell me you dont want to drift but back when you had your a4 you said that was the only thing holding you back If you think drifting is hard on your car then you better never drag race again cause thats 20x harder on it that drifting!!
Is today "Clown" on Todd day? Yes, I am probably the least inexperienced driver in our group of friends. I don't care to partake in something that doesn't interest me like drifting or doing burn outs and more so doing something that could potentially break/tweak something on the car. I'm all game for taking it to the track and trying out auto-x and if I screw something up during one of those events, then I will have done it doing something I enjoy. Drifting isn't going to make me a better driver nor get me better times at the track. Sorry if this upsets you Phil...it is what it is.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Stacks of them. Been racing as hobby for many years now. And just because I choose to post my dyno #'s and modifications doesn't mean I'm proud, just shows what my car does. I have never once bragged or gloated about my #'s. I choose to keep my mouth shut on the boards and show what the car can do at the track.

I tend to keep my opinions to myself on here but I must say after reading through some of these threads on here you seem to be more of an internet warrior then anything. Do you enjoy running your mouth and talking tough to fellow members in your area? Because it sure seems that way. I'm surprised any of these guys hang with you.
Sooooo I didnt catch your times once again there rowdy? I talk tough bro because these are my boys and I would say the same thing to their face. If ya cant handle someone callin ya out then your a ***** and shouldnt own a muscle car! Quit your cryin and post some times

Last edited by zlicious94; 07-20-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Well looks like you hit a soft spot there bro..lol...
Man some people just can't say " naw not for me "

And for the record phill is a hella cool guy.
Hey when your down to drift let me know. Then we can show these little ricer guys how to drift in style
Dont I always make someone bleed Hell ya money you have been down since the day I met you bro!!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Is today "Clown" on Todd day? Yes, I am probably the least inexperienced driver in our group of friends. I don't care to partake in something that doesn't interest me like drifting or doing burn outs and more so doing something that could potentially break/tweak something on the car. I'm all game for taking it to the track and trying out auto-x and if I screw something up during one of those events, then I will have done it doing something I enjoy. Drifting isn't going to make me a better driver nor get me better times at the track. Sorry if this upsets you Phil...it is what it is.
Dude its somethin we discussed for many years and you said if I ever get an m6 lets do some driftin so I guess things changed no big ****** deal im going by what you said. I was unaware your likes/dislikes had changed.

If your gonna be going to the track dont you think you should learn how to warm your tires up a bit?

The whole reason we mod our cars is so that we have stronger parts on the car which wont allow it to break right under more extreme driving conditions right?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would love to be able to go out drifting, one problem though. It cost to much damn money. not only tires and suspension but tickets also.
I'm strting to get some roundabouts down but not quit yet.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I learned to drift when I was 16 years old. Growing up in western Montana the roads were covered in snow for 7 months of the year. I remember going to empty parking lots at 2 in the morning after a fresh snow and drifting around until the cops ran us out lol.... Good times....

Mike
Old 07-20-2010, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

drifting is cool to watch but our cars platform as they sit with out lots of gutting and mods and $$$ wont be a very good drift car or auto x racer well at least to be competitive. these cars can do it but just weren't designed to be a really awesome handling car, if they where it would be called a corvette,im not saying they dont exist or cant happen.. its gm's in your face muscle car its ment to drag race and have good road holding properties but not ment to be a auto x warrior or drift king. i think our cars are good at every thing and great at nothing except they excell at making huge power and goin straight very fast and using perfectly good rubber and spitting it out as used up eye watering smoke screen and thats why i love these cars. but if i wanted a auto cross car or a drift rocket i woulndt buy a f body. im not raggin on phil or todd just throwin how i feel about the two dif racing styles and my car. i have been in alotta cars that are good at both of thoose racing styles and my car doesnt feel like either at all..the best handling car i have been in? my ex's uncle has a 06 porsche 911 TT that has external reservior coil overs and thats about it brakes from god grip from zues and over 515 at the wheels i have never laughed for my life or felt more stable in that car or felt like my blood in my head was getting draining out. thats the dif between a price tag and race bred heritage and purpose engineering and our cars..my car will never feel as stable or have more grip than that car its just not designed for it. no matter what i do and by the time it gets close i might as well have bought a vette lol. im never gonna sell my car i think its the best at what it is for, making noise disturbing the peace and kicking the **** out of most every car on the street but still be able to keep me happy takin a nice drive. i meen these cars i think are a very very good starter vehicle for some one who wants to feel alotta power and pretty good handling they are def good cars to start learning the basic principles of performance, driving and f%cking around lol

Last edited by ls1whip; 07-20-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:05 AM
On The Tree

the average joe can search forums and piece together power and basic suspension know how and have fun but, its hard to find even a shop that really knows how to build and set up cars that will do awesome in thoose sports. even then its a generalized set up in most cases the best drivers set up the cars themsleves at the track and tune and tweak things according to weather and track conditions no shop unless they are your pit team can help with that. lol and im not that good of a driver either todd brahh!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Dude its somethin we discussed for many years and you said if I ever get an m6 lets do some driftin so I guess things changed no big ****** deal im going by what you said. I was unaware your likes/dislikes had changed.

If your gonna be going to the track dont you think you should learn how to warm your tires up a bit?

The whole reason we mod our cars is so that we have stronger parts on the car which wont allow it to break right under more extreme driving conditions right?
I don't recall talking to you about drifting. If I did then yes, my views have changed on the subject. I don't feel my car nor my knowledge on the drifting subject is up to par or at a level where I feel it good enough to do it w/o busting up something. Plus I didn't buy my Nitto's to burn off sliding around cones. I agree, I should practice on doing burn outs for the track.

Originally Posted by ls1whip
the average joe can search forums and piece together power and basic suspension know how and have fun but, its hard to find even a shop that really knows how to build and set up cars that will do awesome in thoose sports. even then its a generalized set up in most cases the best drivers set up the cars themsleves at the track and tune and tweak things according to weather and track conditions no shop unless they are your pit team can help with that. lol and im not that good of a driver either todd brahh!
True Tim, you do kinda suck at driving Maybe you and I should take lessons together.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Todd don't practice doing burnouts, buy a line lock!

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?