Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1whip
you may need a 71-72 power booster tho or just the rod/plunger on the back of the booster for the master cylinder because i think i read some where they where dif lengths??? thats where im at right now looking into making sure i actually gain brakes with the discs and not missing somthing. you def will need a combination valve tho off of a 71-72 disc/drum truck im going with prolly a oe replacement willwood makes a adjustable one for the trucks.
and guess what...i found a upgraded direct caliper replacement....150-170 bucks a pop for the d52 gm calipers..i think at the least i will throw these on the caprice you dont even need new lines or seperate brackets and they dont weigh 25 pounds! what where you gonna pick up for the c10?
[/IMG]
I read about needing that part also, but the booster is already installed so it's obviously working as-is... I'll need a proportioning device of some kind regardless though. Nice find on those calipers, let me know if they work out for you. I was thinking about picking up a carpet kit for the truck but I'm sort of afraid to pull the stock rubber matting all the way off lol.... If I do, I'll buy some extra carpet to get the kick panels and bottoms of the doors also. The other thing I'd prolly get is lowering springs for the rear and then I'll just cut a coil off the fronts for now. I don't want to throw too much $$ into it until I get the black car track-worthy again.

Mike
Old 02-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
I read about needing that part also, but the booster is already installed so it's obviously working as-is... I'll need a proportioning device of some kind regardless though. Nice find on those calipers, let me know if they work out for you. I was thinking about picking up a carpet kit for the truck but I'm sort of afraid to pull the stock rubber matting all the way off lol.... If I do, I'll buy some extra carpet to get the kick panels and bottoms of the doors also. The other thing I'd prolly get is lowering springs for the rear and then I'll just cut a coil off the fronts for now. I don't want to throw too much $$ into it until I get the black car track-worthy again.

Mike
Mike I dont know if your interested but I can spray liner/coating in any color and it works awesome. keeps noise down and rust away. Cheaper than mat
Old 02-19-2011, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only thing i kinda got from what i read is the power booster will be fine its the rod thats might be dif like i belive the drum trucks have a shorter rod and the disc truck rod is longer. i gotta do some research! id cut my front coils but some idiot b4 me flame throwerd the front coils so they are kaput in the meen while melting the sway bar bushings lol had to replace thoose already. what all do you need to do to the black beauty to get her back up and going?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

He needs to find a good T56 transmission rebuilder to fix his. LOL
Old 02-19-2011, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1whip
the only thing i kinda got from what i read is the power booster will be fine its the rod thats might be dif like i belive the drum trucks have a shorter rod and the disc truck rod is longer. i gotta do some research! id cut my front coils but some idiot b4 me flame throwerd the front coils so they are kaput in the meen while melting the sway bar bushings lol had to replace thoose already. what all do you need to do to the black beauty to get her back up and going?
Yeah I did read about that piece. I think it's needed for adding the power booster to a truck that was previously drum brakes regardless of whether it's being converted to disk or not. Obviously mine still has drums but someone added the power booster after the fact so I believe that rod must have already been replaced. Otherwise the pedal actuator assy wouldn't even be making contact with the booster. I do still need a proportioning valve of some kind though when I do the disks.

For the black car, I didn't touch it this last winter because I just didn't have the funds being out of work for so long. Now that I'm working I can get back into it and do some things. I want to go through the T56 and upgrade some components. I want to change the front coilovers to a stiffer front spring. It's got 275# now, but I think with the iron 6.0 block it needs 300# and is probably why it's not transferring weight quick enough off the line. I'd also like to try retarding the cam timing 4 degrees, then finish up the tuning.

Mike
Old 02-19-2011, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by freefallen.1
Mike I dont know if your interested but I can spray liner/coating in any color and it works awesome. keeps noise down and rust away. Cheaper than mat
I'll keep that in mind man.

Mike
Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Picked up a new vehicle tonight for the wife. 2010 Tahoe. I'll get some pics tomorrow in the day light.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

My gf wants a Tahoe.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

We traded off her 07 Equinox. The Tahoe has the smallest engine of the vehicles we own (5.3)
Old 02-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Teching In

Well tonight i raced a 431 wheel horse STI on meth and had him by a car from a 50 roll=) Had a good night of racing subarus.LOL
Old 02-20-2011, 07:12 AM
12 Second Club

There was a LT1 Camaro that had this stuff sprayed over the entire exterior body at a car show a couple years back. Hilarious stuff.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Wow that's a good kill! I would of thought he would if had you since he has 30 more HP. He must of been lying.

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
Well tonight i raced a 431 wheel horse STI on meth and had him by a car from a 50 roll=) Had a good night of racing subarus.LOL
Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

No those STI's don't run as well as you'd think. I raced a 400whp STI when my SS had the 388 in it and not tuned well. He jumped by a few car lengths and I reeled him in VERY fast and went by, I knew the owner (the guy I BOUGHT the SS from) I asked him if he was trying and he laughed and said that he was ***** out with it, wasn't too happy about it
Old 02-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
There was a LT1 Camaro that had this stuff sprayed over the entire exterior body at a car show a couple years back. Hilarious stuff.
Yeah I have seen some dumb people do stupid things... I think Mike only wanted it in his cab area under the carpet and kick panels. It provides a huge improvement for sound and protection. I have done a lot and its awesome stuff.

I think what your really saying Todd is you want your bird sprayed, expecially the T-tops..
Old 02-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Wow that's a good kill! I would of thought he would if had you since he has 30 more HP. He must of been lying.
I dont think he was lying cause i got all the info on the car from the owner of PRE that was cruising around with us last night. He's the one that built it and tunned it
Old 02-20-2011, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I have seen some dumb people do stupid things... I think Mike only wanted it in his cab area under the carpet and kick panels. It provides a huge improvement for sound and protection. I have done a lot and its awesome stuff.

I think what your really saying Todd is you want your bird sprayed, expecially the T-tops..
Actually I want to spray the front windshield black and then drive the car straight into a wall.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Actually I want to spray the front windshield black and then drive the car straight into a wall.
LOL that sounds about right. We could put TURK in it also>>
Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Well whp is whp right? And I guess you have to figure who weighs more too...your car was dynoed on a mustang dyno. So maybe you got more then him?

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
I dont think he was lying cause i got all the info on the car from the owner of PRE that was cruising around with us last night. He's the one that built it and tunned it
Old 02-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Yo salvage! Let me know when u guys go out crusin again. I'm always crusin around bymyself on Friday and Saturday nights.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

I'm gettin my license back day after tomorrow then I'll be cruising the streets of SE Portland once again! Can't wait!

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?