Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Kinda like when you and Joe were going at each other huh? Or did you forget about that? We're trying to help out a fellow Fbody brother. If that bugs you maybe you shouldn't read it. Just sayin...

C'mon, if it were you guys we'd be trying to help you out if you were in a pinch or needed advice. Last time I looked this thread didn't really have a "topic" to stay on track with......

Mike
No, didn't forget about it Mike. I also remember deleting all my posts to so it didn't clutter this thread. It's not just myself getting tired of it, it's several others as well. It's kind of hard not to read it when it's talked about in several different threads...not just this one. That's why I suggested maybe they should start a thread. Maybe use the PM option on this site. Just sayin...

No offense Joe. I wish the best for you and hope you find work so you can start living a healthier life.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by zlicious94
Nice! New tags for 2 years now!
I thought you were set up to where you didn't have to mess with DEQ? Awesome though!
Old 05-14-2011, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
No, didn't forget about it Mike. I also remember deleting all my posts to so it didn't clutter this thread. It's not just myself getting tired of it, it's several others as well. It's kind of hard not to read it when it's talked about in several different threads...not just this one. That's why I suggested maybe they should start a thread. Maybe use the PM option on this site. Just sayin...

No offense Joe. I wish the best for you and hope you find work so you can start living a healthier life.
I understand about Joe posting his problems in other threads, that was getting repetitive and was the reason I offered some advice. But, this was really the first thread where people were actually offering some advice/help or really talking about the issue. With that being said, IMO I thought what you wrote came across a bit selfish. Besides, it's sort of a touchy subject to be posting about Joe's problems in a dedicated thread for all to read. This "Orygun Guys" thread is sort of a catch-all for the handfull of guys that actually read it on a regular bassis and know Joe in person. Someone from Texas probably doesn't read the "Orygun Guys" thread, but they might read a dedicated thread that's titled "My Life Sucks" or something like that... Just sayin...

Mike
Old 05-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do more reading then posting, but I must admit this topic has been brought up in many threads other then this one and it get's old reading. I guess my question is why is he wasting his time on a website complaining about it when he should really be out hitting the street trying to find a job? Seems like a no brainer to me.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok well im not gonna mention anything about my life anymore. I shouldnt be airing my dirty laundry on tech, im just tryin to vent this **** out somewhere and this to be the only place i can do it. But i wont anymore because im sensing that it just pisses everyone off.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Lol. Joe it's all good you if you vent bro. Well all have problems and like to tell people to see if they can help. It just that you keep going on and on when we all have said go get a job, ANY job. What more can we do.?
I hope I dont offend you man that's not
My intentions at all. Just saying but do let us know when you get one. I hope you get the one in alaska. My buddy does the commercial boating out in the bearing sea and makes bank!!! So good luck man.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do look for jobs. I look for all kinda of different ****. I always have a few things in the air and they always seem to fall thru. Just on a streak of bad luck i guess. But i dont wana post anything else om the matter unless its an i got a job thread.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Ok that's cool man.. Also you know you call me when ever right.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya dude i know. Thanks man
Old 05-14-2011, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

we need a reality show i think.

i looked at a sbc build up book my buddy has and i could not belive it... they did the same build i am doing for my vortec motor for the truck to a T the only dif was 1.5 roller rockers.. but they dynoed the motor and it put out 387 at the crank! that should make the old bruiser interesting....at least **** off some civics and crapstangs brown bomber is headed for the 14's! lol
Old 05-14-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh i forgot to mention i got my honda running. And i also had my freimd weld up my spindle for me and it is as good as new. Gonna install that tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
Ok well im not gonna mention anything about my life anymore. I shouldnt be airing my dirty laundry on tech, im just tryin to vent this **** out somewhere and this to be the only place i can do it. But i wont anymore because im sensing that it just pisses everyone off.
I'm far from pissed Joe I was just venting because I see the same topic day after day. Then again, like Mike said, I don't have to read and who the F am I anyways. I understand your frustrations about the job market as I was there myself a couple years back. Don't stop posting on my behalf man! If it releases stress then go for it.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

dude joe if your spindle was broke in half...i would not weld it up...that is bad new im just lookin out for ya bro..
Old 05-14-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its ok todd, i dont hold it against you :-) and tim it was just the tip that was broken off. The weld is now the strongest point in the spindle. It looks great and the guy that did the job is a superior welder. Besides it only really has to hold long enough to get the car up to my dads where it will sit for quite a long time untouched lol
Old 05-14-2011, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
Its ok todd, i dont hold it against you :-) and tim it was just the tip that was broken off. The weld is now the strongest point in the spindle. It looks great and the guy that did the job is a superior welder. Besides it only really has to hold long enough to get the car up to my dads where it will sit for quite a long time untouched lol
oh ok...lol i thought you where gonna just drive on it alot even if it was welded its hard to say weither the spindle is still true and not comprimised tho thats where i am coming from but seems like it should be good to limp over to yuor dads place. hang in there bro!
Old 05-14-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, this really iant the place to be venting every fucked up detail about my life. I realize that its been goin on for a while and im not gonna post about it anymore just cuz i dont really want stuff so personal on a site for the world to see. It was my mistake to be posting it over and over and over again. ive never had this many problems before but things always get better eventually.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i might end up driving on it more eventually. It made a clean break and the guy that did the work said that it is welded all the way thru. A good weld should be the strongest point in the peice now from what i learned in highschool welding class as long as it was done by someone who knows what they are doing. Sorry tim, im just really hoping your wrong about the weld lol
Old 05-14-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just picked up the spindel. It is a full penetration weld and it will be strong enough for what ever i need it for. U cant even tell it was welded at all. It looks damn good. Bad news is, i busted the speed sensor when i was removing the spindle so i have to pull one off my extra part.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Sweet dude can we go hit pot holes with it..lol...
Glad he did a good job on it.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bet it would hold up just fine if i hit a pothole lol

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?