Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orygun guys?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone got a truck or SUV they wanna 4x4 with this fall/winter? My Jeep's back on the road and finally got it up to the mountain today. It's ready for some snow!
Attached Thumbnails Orygun guys?-145.jpg  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Anyone got a truck or SUV they wanna 4x4 with this fall/winter? My Jeep's back on the road and finally got it up to the mountain today. It's ready for some snow!
I have been looking for places to go four wheeling around here. I have a ram with 35" toyos. Let's meet up...really want to get out on some trails.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28Blaze
I have been looking for places to go four wheeling around here. I have a ram with 35" toyos. Let's meet up...really want to get out on some trails.
Cool. I know of a few different areas out towards Mt. Hood with killer dirt trails.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

I know this may be a long shot but does anyone have a pair of drag radials that they would be willing to let me borrow? I want to get some baseline runs at PIR this weekend. My street tires just won't let me get a decent 60'. I just want to make a few passes before winter.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Teching In

I have some that are to the wear bars. and like 5 years old
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
I have some that are to the wear bars. and like 5 years old
Lol, eh idk if that'd do me any better than my street tires.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Hey fellas, I am going to be putting the Bird up for sale sometime soon. I haven't come up with a price at this point as I am still figuring some things out. So if you know of anyone wanting a 2002 WS6 or a Fbody in general, send them my way. I will post up a add once I get all my ducks in a row. Thx!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Why you selling it? And what are going to get?
Old 10-07-2012, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Why you selling it? And what are going to get?
Because the car scene around here is pretty much dead and the car just sits. If there was more of a active crowd that met up and cruised around here I would consider keeping it. Plus I'm going to be moving back out to Washington and I've got a bucket list of things I want for my new place. I plan on getting another car at some point. What, I don't know. I would like to get into a 2002+ C5 Z06 or a C6 w/ a LS3.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Because the car scene around here is pretty much dead and the car just sits. If there was more of a active crowd that met up and cruised around here I would consider keeping it.
It would be a lot better if the economy hadn't tanked a few years ago. I know that pretty much blew any expendable income I had, and I'm certainly not the only one to be in that boat.

Hoping that next year will be a different story, for me at least. But I was saying that last year too... and the year before, and the year before THAT! Kinda tough to get things moving when inflation/gas prices keep going up but the majority of Americans haven't had a pay raise since 2007/8. And the people lucky enough to get back to work in their fields, are making LESS then they were in 2007/8, with less benefits because of health care costs etc.

(sarcasm on) Go Obama!! (sarcasm off)

Mike
Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

I guess I don't understand. I suppose I've never been part of a car scene. I've never met up, I've never went on any cruises or anything. I've always built my projects just for me.

If you're no longer interested in your toy, then you should sell it I guess.

Economies go up and down. When the economy is down, you buy car parts. When the economy is up you sell them! Lol
Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 126 Likes on 83 Posts

I know it sounds like you've made your mind up but it may be a good option to join a car club. I really like being a part of one because almost every weekend there is something going on with cars or with a get together. Plus there are a lot more people in the club than are on the forum and it is a club with the purpose to get together so it tends to have more sucess. The money thing is also a huge problem for me (and lots of people) it always seems like I have to not do stuff I want to so I can pay for stuff I need.

On a completely unrelated note I got my painting pretty much done and my car is back on the road

Jessica
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Lookin mean Jess. . I feel the economy as well. I used to be a head tech and teamleader. 6or the last year and a half, I've been making 60 percent of what I used to make dating back to 5 yrs ago. Todd, I respect that decision cuz I've been there, and I'm sure its not an easy one to make. Hopefully, the right buyer comes along that will take care of the car. I'd absolutely love to be the one. the car is sick.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Mikey. word. 2 thumbs up.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

I mean, nobama .... Next .
Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Hey fellas, I am going to be putting the Bird up for sale sometime soon. I haven't come up with a price at this point as I am still figuring some things out. So if you know of anyone wanting a 2002 WS6 or a Fbody in general, send them my way. I will post up a add once I get all my ducks in a row. Thx!
On the other hand, you got real lucky and paid 10.5 for the car and also put in (X) amount into mods. That totals (?). Can you get that back ? If so, how many years will it take you to build up capital after the house, to replace it? I'm not sure if the car scene is dead. I was looking forward to a great summer of thrashing my TA with ya'll, but perhaps next summer will be different. I'd look at all the angles before really getting into a decision. Just my 2 cents. Vettes are a dime a dozen.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
It would be a lot better if the economy hadn't tanked a few years ago. I know that pretty much blew any expendable income I had, and I'm certainly not the only one to be in that boat.

Hoping that next year will be a different story, for me at least. But I was saying that last year too... and the year before, and the year before THAT! Kinda tough to get things moving when inflation/gas prices keep going up but the majority of Americans haven't had a pay raise since 2007/8. And the people lucky enough to get back to work in their fields, are making LESS then they were in 2007/8, with less benefits because of health care costs etc.

(sarcasm on) Go Obama!! (sarcasm off)

Mike
Yeah, this economy thing has really played a toll on most of us. Sucks. Seems like everything is spiking in price other than wages. Gas just shot up from $3.80 to $4.12 overnight. Pretty lame I must say. Let's hope we don't have "Obamacare" in our future either.

Originally Posted by CopMagnet
On the other hand, you got real lucky and paid 10.5 for the car and also put in (X) amount into mods. That totals (?). Can you get that back ? If so, how many years will it take you to build up capital after the house, to replace it? I'm not sure if the car scene is dead. I was looking forward to a great summer of thrashing my TA with ya'll, but perhaps next summer will be different. I'd look at all the angles before really getting into a decision. Just my 2 cents. Vettes are a dime a dozen.
The local scene has died down a lot over the past few years. Don't get me wrong, I love and enjoy my car when I do drive it....but it's a lot more fun to be rolling down the street/hwy with multiple people rather than giving myself high-fives and thumbs up after I pull another car I'm not sure what I've got into it mod $$$ wise. I don't expect to get all of what I have put into it back. It def won't be listed at $10,500 I can tell you that. As far as Vette's being a dime a dozen, mine won't be your average or typical Vette driving down the street if and when I do own one.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Haha, I'm always high fiving myself, kinda sucks. Hopefully, the scene bounces back. It looks like you guys have had some good times and I'm just coming up on a year that I've had my02.
Before that, I was out here (PNW) on an island with my 70's Trans Ams. All the action for those rides is old dudes that live far away in the midwest and such.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Well I should be getting my motor back sometime this month and will probably be picking up a set of CNC'd 243 heads for a pretty good price ( maybe )... Also should have gaskets and fluids, hopefully everything for the motor to be put together and installed by mid November. fingers crossed!!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup. Just finished my Jeep a few weeks ago....took it out to Browns Camp, and had a blast from 7pm to 3am (with 6 other Jeeps). lol I was gonna take Tyler with me, but just could not figure out a way to get him home. We're probably going to make a road trip down south (maybe K-falls area) in the next month or so...and hopefully MANY road trips to the snow this winter. If you want, I can let ya know when a trip is coming up.

Oh...and DON'T SELL THE T/A. I know that the "scene" might be dead right now, but things will change. I've had mine down for a few years now, even though it's now driveable....it's just not "ready" enough yet. Keep the faith, man! lol Just let the Jeep be your diversion.

Originally Posted by tmoney223
Well I should be getting my motor back sometime this month and will probably be picking up a set of CNC'd 243 heads for a pretty good price ( maybe )... Also should have gaskets and fluids, hopefully everything for the motor to be put together and installed by mid November. fingers crossed!!
I tried calling Craig today, and could not get through. I'll probably stop by and visit him tomorrow, and try to get an ETA for everything. Mid-November might be a bit of a crunch, but we'll see

Quick Reply: Orygun guys?