Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Shedding Some Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shedding Some Light

Since I've been getting PMs asking me WTF is going on, I thought I'd share my perspective. Note there are always at least 2 sides to every story, so take this for what it's worth. (details omitted on purpose)

A certain person on here has taken it upon himself to trash what I consider to be the tribal elders of this forum. I've only been around racing since the 70s, only had an LS1 for 8 years, so I don't know much. (just level setting)

But I DO know that this "clique" as he refers to them, to a man, knows what they're talking about. They are the guys I go to when I have problems or questions or want to do someohting out of the box. Each & every one of them has over 20 years in this sport, and many of them make their living from it. I highly recommend taking your car & money to any of them.

But for whatever reason this person is running around behind the scenes spreading lies & stabbing all these guys (& many others that you might have dealt with & respect) in the back. What most of you see going on here is just the tip of the iceberg. Not how I would choose to make a name for myself.

And now he's drug me into it. All I've ever tried to do was help people make their **** go fast & stay together. Many of you know I'm there to turn a wrench or give advice if I think I can help & you want it. But now that I've been invited to the party I can't ignore this situation any longer.

Hopefully this doesn't get deleted, because people should know who to trust & deal with.....

Mark

PS sorry if this isn't as funny as your thread is Lane but I thought it needed to get out in the open
Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if I respond it will get deleted. SO I dont get to present my side of the story and that is part of the problem. No one dragged you in but yourself and you along with his other lemmings will continue to do so. None of you know's the truth but you think you do and that is good enough for you. You only know one side and because that is your friend you think you and he are right. Nothing new there. SSDD

I went into business and the crap started rolling deep in here. Jealousy, envy, what ever you want to call it the "clique" has been on me ever since I opened my shop to help people. (I say shop but I do not work on customer cars. The shop is for my products. I offer to help people and it isn't for money) Want to talk about subversive ?? How about any engine I ever tried to offer in here? Got so bad I had to withdraw my offer to someone.

No you only know what you want to know and aren't interested in the truth.

Who's next to start a thread and trouble?? It will come from another member of the clique as sure as the sun will rise. If we agreed on a peace treaty , the clique would break it.

No Mark your not the voice of reason at all, just another one of his friends acting like you guys do and have done from day one. Don't see any of this crap in the orygun thread do you? Wonder why. It would be because none of you have posted in it.

Want to have a section where people dont bicker?? Then stop doing it.

In fact if you want to be real truthful this didnt get as bad as it is untl I took my car back from the penguin for various reasons I stated to Lane. I did not state any of the reasons.

Look at the thread where someone asked for help in doing an engine swap down here. People lined up and no one got jeaolous and started taking shots. Know why?? The clique didn't get involved.

Seems I dont have trouble unless the clique makes it for me, yes I respond. That is my weakness and one of my faults, I don't have thick skin. I have no skin and a lack of patience. I work on it.

Oh by the way, I'll be heading up there to pick up some wheels. Any of you want's to have a round table and hash this out like men I'm all for it. Me and the clique can sit down and discuss our differences.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-26-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Ok, yes, i'm friends with Ellis, Mark, Doug, Don, and whoever you consider the "clique".

Blanco, no offence but honestly IMO you normally come off as a complete *** of a personality when you post stuff online. Especially when you come around braggin' about how GOOD your stuff is CONSTANTLY. I do not know you personally, nor do I really care to. Maybe you don't mean to come off that way as it is HARD to tell exactly a person's demeanor when on a forum, but to me, that is how you sound.

I'm not going to go digging through old threads to try and show others what I am talking about, because honestly, i'm sure that my opinon goes much deeper than just in the clique.

Everyone is different, if we were all the same it would be a boring world.

There is alot of years of experience in the "clique" as far as f-body's, and general high performance cars go, and I as well as any intelligent person will ALWAYS keep ears open, take in a little from here, a little from there and put together my own opinion or way of doing things.

Funny how sometimes people who come across as huge buttholes on forums can be some of the nicest people when you meet them in person.

Just my 2 bits worth, even though it's not worth much.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

See that's what exasperates the threads. You have your little 2 cents and so on.

You weren't even here when it all started in the first place. The first time I suggested anything in here the clique launched their attack and it hasn't stopped since. Got much worse when I became a sponsor.

You can call it what you want and some of my previous rants are infamous but the fact remains that all of them were in self defense due to the constant crap that said clique has been giving me from day 1.

But I don't have these issues with anyone but the clique. SO you say its me, I say it's you as well. I don't think I'm an angel by any means but you guys seem to deny any role you have in it at all so that leaves us with threads getting trashed in here. Sound accurate?

Like I said I'll be up there and the one person this is all centered around can be a man and meet me or call me he has my number. ( and it's not a threat, I know how some of you think)
Old 02-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Old 02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Banned

Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Everyone talks a little smack sometimes Chris, and thats all fine & good. Like Chad said you seem to do it more than most, but whatever.....

It's the **** you're pulling behind the scenes & the people you're doing it to that got my attention. If you like Oregon, fine, stay down there. (sorry Bobby!) Either way, you'll be gone from here soon enough & I for one won't miss you.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Everyone talks a little smack sometimes Chris, and thats all fine & good. Like Chad said you seem to do it more than most, but whatever.....

It's the **** you're pulling behind the scenes & the people you're doing it to that got my attention. If you like Oregon, fine, stay down there. (sorry Bobby!) Either way, you'll be gone from here soon enough & I for one won't miss you.

AMEN Brotha!

It's a ****** car site. Kudo's to you blanco, you're running a successful business. I don't follow every single thread here, but of the ones I have been following I haven't seen ANYONE cut your parts down. All i've seen people do is talk a little ****, voice their OPINIONS on what works well and what doesn't through experience.

Man oh man, junior high school kids act more grown up than a few users here.

Jezus chrimeny's grow the **** up.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

when did all of this gay *** **** start? leave the bickering and dumb stuff at the door or pm it this is supposed to be a helpful site not a place to not jokingly rip ppl and calll them out that has nothing to do with cars and the sport and just b'sing like the other threads on here....its none of my business i dont know any of you all so... i dont wanna start anything alls im saying is dont make your issues public so every one can see the drama no one wants to see that ****
Old 02-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1whip
when did all of this gay *** **** start? leave the bickering and dumb stuff at the door or pm it this is supposed to be a helpful site not a place to not jokingly rip ppl and calll them out that has nothing to do with cars and the sport and just b'sing like the other threads on here....its none of my business i dont know any of you all so... i dont wanna start anything alls im saying is dont make your issues public so every one can see the drama no one wants to see that ****
LOL way WAY too late for that my friend.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER

No Mark you guy's talk nothing but smack about me.

Again, you have your version and I have mine. Direct interference with what ever I have tried to do on numerous occasions. You won't answer to that though will you. Time and time again its the same crap. You are as guilty as I for carrying this bantering on. And anything I have said about my experiences I stand behind.

You going to keep this thread going now too? Only takes phone call but we both know it's a lot easier to sit on the Internet show boat.

From day 1 you have had your hierarchy and all are expected to follow it. Someone disagrees and this is what the result is. Most probably aren't as stubborn as I but I have supported your friend and someone else in here. And when I tried to do something for myself I was not shown that same support.
It was quite the opposite even though it did not really effect what anyone else had going on. Then it snowballed and you think there is only one person to blame. That's typical.

You don't want to support me then don't but don't jump on my posts when I'm trying to do something. But that would only be fair and we both know that's not what a hierarchy is about.

See Mark I can admit my faults and I know where I go wrong. I am alone in that though aren't I?
I don't have this trouble with anyone but you few guys. Can't all be me.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Blanco the ONLY reason you have not gotten banned from the site is because you have thrown some dollars at it to buy a sponsorship.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been holding myself back from posting for a while now, but I just can't stand it anymore.

Chris, do you ever stop and wonder 'WHY" everyone would talk Smack about you?? Half of your posts don't even make sense and the ones that do you just sound like an idiot!

I agree with what Mark and Chad posted and was blown away by how you reacted to their criticism. You just need to listen to what people are telling/typing you and learn from that. You are making enemies from people that should really be your friends. The 'Clique' , 'Lemmings' , 'hierarchy' whatever you want to call them are really the best bunch of people you could ever meet. They are very knowledgeable and would help you with anything you might need even if it didn't involve a car. It sounds like you are just jealous of the "Clique"...and thats actually hilarious to me. You could have been a part of the "Clique" if you weren't such a freak!

As for Ellis, you seem to think he is your competition when you aren't even in the same line of Business! You SELL Parts, he BUILDS cars...Where's the competition there? I think your REAL competition just became a Sponsor here and you should be more worried about that. Go TOM!

This is my version..'cause I know you don't care about my 2¢
Old 02-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pretty much summed it up...
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 02-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Banned

Low resistance spark plugs $2

A set of handcrafted plug wires $68

Your backyard boys won't buy a thing from ya.... PRICELESS
Old 02-27-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol thats very true^
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by moosezloose
Low resistance spark plugs $2

A set of handcrafted plug wires $68

Your backyard boys won't buy a thing from ya.... PRICELESS
But untrue.

3% of all my 800 number calls are from WA believe it or not. I was suprised as well but it represents the most calls from any one area.

I also do well with wires sales to the north . Here's what's really interesting. I ship a ton of wires to Texas and get a bunch of pm's from them about my engines as well and would have thought it would have been my strongest state in phone calls but the stats don't lie. Washington has the most phone calls to me. Strange huh.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I Told everyone I would not post here. I have an exception.

I had all but left this site but I keep getting drug back in by this crap.

Chris....My number has not changed since 2000. I know you have it.

Tonight I have read e-mail after e-mail of the things you say I have done to you. E-mails from people and sponsors a like. Some VERY slanderous and very suprising at the same time. Lets not even go into the IB stuff that was pulled. Yes I have talked on another Board about it and other businesses on what to do.

I can very forwardly tell you I had very little, and many cases None at all, to do with what you think I did.

You say you want to put this rest? Pick up the phone I will answer.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I Told everyone I would not post here. I have an exception.

I had all but left this site but I keep getting drug back in by this crap.

Chris....My number has not changed since 2000. I know you have it.

Tonight I have read e-mail after e-mail of the things you say I have done to you. E-mails from people and sponsors a like. Some VERY slanderous and very suprising at the same time. Lets not even go into the IB stuff that was pulled. Yes I have talked on another Board about it and other businesses on what to do.

I can very forwardly tell you I had very little, and many cases None at all, to do with them what you think I did.

You say you want to put this rest? Pick up the phone I will answer.
Actualy I have a new phone and do not have your number on it pm me with it please.

Quick Reply: Shedding Some Light