Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

looking for help in Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 12:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8N
to all you guys looking for heads/cam, ill have a nice set of cnc'd 243's complete and a 228/232 .590/.596 on a 114 lsa for sale as soon as we all get back. plus we will also be able to do tuning and installs as soon as we get our garage ready so if any of you guys have any questions just send me a pm and we'll take care of you.

jeff youd better start working on that car to take that title, well i guess it is an f-body title right? haha i'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of heads/cam that should put me over the 525rwhp mark, then finish my n20 up with a plate set up with a dual stage nozzle kit for somewhere around 250-300 or so. but i need to re-gear it BAD!! so that might come first. actually i just need some traction and install that stupid clutch thats just sitting around . . . .

well i hope next year will be a good turn out for all the gm cars, we need to get cracking so they are ready for the summer! its good to see some new faces . . err, people online that are up in ak!
So your not pcsing in feb.?
Yeah my car might get to take a little vacation to someplace warm to work on it's tan, if I don't see anything that meets my overpicky criteria. I have to have a heater. I'm not worried though. I can have it down to a 9 second car in about six to eight months. Oh I just realized, that would be through the winter. Even better. I'm just kind of dragging my feet until I get it's paid off. I will probably be ordering some headers for it next summer, and maybe some strano springs (the springs means I'd have to park in the street at my GF's house and you know that just doesn't work for me. LOL). Give me two years and I'll be knocking on that number, at full weight, well maybe.

Man. That will give you the fastest vette up here for sure. You better get those taller gears in. Oh and that clutch thats collecting dust for sure. Lol. If you need any help on any build let me know.

Next summer we need to really get everyone together for a meet and greet of the new guys in the group/club. This summer I was trying to get details figured out and we didn't have much for get togethers. I am trying to have a list of things to send out as we get closer to spring. I know I spend sometime with the car show stuff with my car, (and helping others out at the track), and out of everyones car I've seen so far. I have yet to see one not worthy of being at the few shows I go to.

Last edited by Frozen WS6; 10-03-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:06 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

XLR8N, let me know when you get back. I might be interested in that cam, especially if you guys can help me out with the tune as well.

I got my full exhaust on this week. Pacesetter LTs, TSP Catted Y, Magnaflow. Sounds really mellow, but I bet a cam would sound killer in there.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Wow didn't realize there were this many modded LSx guys up here, maybe ak isnt as desolate as I thought. I only saw 3 f-bodys at the track this year granted I only went 3 times. Hopefully see some more of you guys out next season.

If anybody needs help/wants to compare ideas on tuning I'd be more than happy.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Default transmission shops

Good afternoon every one

I have a question, is there a good place to get my transmission rebuilt (A-4) in Anchorage I broke it on leave. I don’t want to get something done that isn’t going to last so I don’t mind spending the money to have it done right. I am surprised how many LS1 guys are in the Anchorage area. Thanks I should be back in the beginning of the year and would like to get in contact with you all to pick your brains for more information. Good talking with you
Robert
Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robs99TA
Good afternoon every one

I have a question, is there a good place to get my transmission rebuilt (A-4) in Anchorage I broke it on leave. I don’t want to get something done that isn’t going to last so I don’t mind spending the money to have it done right. I am surprised how many LS1 guys are in the Anchorage area. Thanks I should be back in the beginning of the year and would like to get in contact with you all to pick your brains for more information. Good talking with you
Robert
Go see Top Jimmy out on the palmer/wasilla hwy. He builds most of the transmissions that are out at the track. You might want to get it to him before he get backed up this spring and all the racers drop their's off to him. On top of his regular work.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

If you want a really good quality transmission give Anthony's Transmission in Kenai a call 907-283-0924. I know it's a bit far from Anchorage, but Anthony is one of the best tranny builders in the state and specializes in GM. He uses top quality parts and does the most thorough rebuilds I have seen.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

Hey Q. I think I saw you running into Anchorage friday night around 7 or 8ish by the scales on my way home.

Did you install the headers yourself?

Brody. I am trying to get setup with a spray fill station for next summer. So nomore going to the underground for a bottle of air.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:30 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

That was me, for sure...I was heading into Anchorage around 7:45. Yeah, I did the headers, catted-y, and magnaflow all at once. Took some time, but I got it all together relatively easily. Still have to fine tune the adjustments on the exhaust tips to get them lined up and even, but I'm 99% done. Sounds really mellow, but I like it. Shouldn't be too obnoxious with a cam...hopefully I'll get to that this winter.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:20 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-
That was me, for sure...I was heading into Anchorage around 7:45. Yeah, I did the headers, catted-y, and magnaflow all at once. Took some time, but I got it all together relatively easily. Still have to fine tune the adjustments on the exhaust tips to get them lined up and even, but I'm 99% done. Sounds really mellow, but I like it. Shouldn't be too obnoxious with a cam...hopefully I'll get to that this winter.
Nice. You did your headers with the car up on jackstands? I 'm going to see if I can get some this winter. Money dependant (vacation or headers?). I already have a cat back, but they welded the tips on alittle crooked and one day I'll have to fix that now that I have a welder.
Sounds like your happy with the purchase. I've had mine now for five years and won't be selling it anytime soon. Rolled 68,xxx miles this summer. I don't know if it was my eyes or my truck mirrors, but one side of the taillights looked brighter then the other the other night on your car.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:35 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Ha, you saw right. I have the notorious taillight corrosion going on in the left taillight. I guess the reflective portion of the light inside the housing corrodes when water gets in there, and it darkens the entire housing. I'm going to try to find a replacement one of these days.

I did the headers with the rear tires backed up on ramps, and the front on jackstands. I had probably 10-12 inches of clearance under the front tires, so it was up there, but I just gave the car a good shake to make sure it was stable. If you have plenty of room underneath, the install isn't too bad.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Any of you guys still drivin 'em? Might be the last hurrah here over the next few days, but sunshine + 30 degree temps = WS6 heaven. Hoping to get a cam and start the install soon.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:07 AM
9 Second Club

I hope to have mine out a little. Especially since I found I had a bad spark plug. It's back to running on all 8 and it's so nice. But I'm still trying to sort out a few other issues with one of my other installs. If your looking for a great wideband go see Richard at Hales. He still has two left. Mine works great.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I was just looking at this thread thinking about bumping it up. My junk is in the trailer ready to head south on Saturday.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:49 AM
9 Second Club

Ok. My car is being a pain in my a__. I decided to drive it to work on Saturday. Alittle cold in the morning, no big deal. Went out after work to warm it up before I left. Now I have the typical firebird door panel crack. First it doesn't want to work with me on one of my installs, now I need a new door panel. I think I'm going to dust it off and put the cover on and deal with things later. Before something else happens.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Damn, I just found this thread. Got my car finally over to Hales, https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...s-700rwhp.html Anyway, No plans for me this winter except this 00 v6 M5 firebird I picked up. Got it with a salvage title for $500, doing a reconstruct on it with all the spare parts I have. Pretty sad really, all i needed to buy was a fender. Car runs and drives great, only had 59xxx miles on it.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ak95ta
Damn, I just found this thread. Got my car finally over to Hales, https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...s-700rwhp.html Anyway, No plans for me this winter except this 00 v6 M5 firebird I picked up. Got it with a salvage title for $500, doing a reconstruct on it with all the spare parts I have. Pretty sad really, all i needed to buy was a fender. Car runs and drives great, only had 59xxx miles on it.
I believe your neighbor is a coworker of mine. The guy with all the boats, LOL. He's told me about your cars. Nice numbers on the dyno.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Q-
I believe your neighbor is a coworker of mine. The guy with all the boats, LOL. He's told me about your cars. Nice numbers on the dyno.
Thanks! Haha, yeah David is my next-next door neighbor, super nice guy!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

So, is this thread dead or what? Congrats on the strong #'s Dustin. That thing should fly next summer. As for my junk, I just closed on my house today. The car should be in the garage tomorrow, and I'm going for real weight reduction. If it's not being used, it's coming out. Hopefully I'll have the weight reduction and drag brakes done by Christmas. That should leave me time to freshen up the motor, and convert over to a solid roller setup before the season starts down here.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:59 PM
9 Second Club

How was the drive?
We've finally got snow so we went into hibernation. LOL..
Old 11-15-2009, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

The drive wasn't too bad. Knock on wood, we still don't have any snow here yet.

Quick Reply: looking for help in Alaska