Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Top 20.......Changes for '05

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Top 20.......Changes for '05

I know this is going to raise a big stink and stir up some ****. But in the long run, I think it is a good idea.

As of Jan 1, 2005 the NW TOP 20 list will be come the NW TOP 10.

I am doing this for a couple of reasons. The biggest being that with the new rules that come with the top ten list it, in theory should create a little more "firendly competition" between everyone. And we all know that when the smack talk starts flying, its amazing how much faster a car can run the next time out to the track. The other reason, and lets be honest here, a mid/high 12 second pass is becoming a normal occurance. Anyone with a cam and spray or just one big shot could have busted DEEP into the list on his/her first pass. I dont want making it on the list as a "gimmie". And as it sits right now. A low/mid 12 will get into the top 10 with the new rules.

And speaking of rules, here they are:
__________________________________________________ _____________
1) Car must be a Fbody/Y-body/LSx powered hybrid vehicle. So all years of Camaro, Corvette, Trans Am, Formula are eligable. Hybrid cars MUST be LSx powered (C5R is acceptable). BBC and SBC powered hybrids not eligable for list.

2) Must be in the NW listing for the forum (i.e.:WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND, NE)

3) Must be an active poster in the NW forum, no "I ran this" and never come back. If there is no post in the forum w/ in 1 month, time taken off the list and list will be adjusted accordingly.

4) Car must be active (i.e.: You must CURRENTLY OWN the vehicle you ran the time in).

5) At the time of new rules (effective 01/01/05) if the car has not made the pass in the previous year it is not eligible for the list.

6) You may only use the data off of ONE time slip. No piecing together '60's, mph's and ET's to get the "your best" slip. This will generally mean that you want to give the one with your BEST ET regardless of MPH and '60. This will allow you to see where you might have deficiencies in areas.

EX: 12.0 @ 119 (2.0)

To people just stopping by the forum (that had any sense) they would see that car still hasnt shown its maximum performance and still has room to grow due to the poor '60.

7) Must be licenced for street use
(current licence and registration)

8) NO hot passes
a)Car must be legal for run
b)If the track gives you the boot, time does not count

9) Tire
a)Any DOT approved tire

__________________________________________________ _________

I am still considering adding others. But this one is the one I am considering more than others.

-Must be licensed for street use

Seeing as that I will probably NEVER see the drag strip with my car let alone make a pass that would make it on the list. I think these rules are fair and do not skew an advantage to one person or another.

As far as times go, we will be on an HONOR system. Any rumors that people are fudging thier #'s and I will ask for a copy's of slips, so hang onto them just in case anyone calls you out. With our group of people I HIGHLY doubt we will ever have to go down that road.

I think these rules and changes to the NW list are for the better and if you sat down and really looked at it, you would agree.

Feel free to give me feedback.

Last edited by NataSS Inc; 01-19-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Pathological Modifier

Looks good to me. Whats the point of having a "top" list if everybody is on it?

Ryan K
Old 11-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

works for me.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds good to me... Maybe I'll actually make it to the track this year lol
Old 11-30-2004, 08:34 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Sounds good to me.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

I think this is ******' bullshit .... pure underhanded el crapola. Who the hell do you think you are anyway ?? With these new rules my '71 is gonna ..... wait a ......it's gonna ..umm .. let's see .. move from #11 to #7 or 8 .... I mean HEY ! This is a GREAT idea. What fine upstanding gawd fearin' soul thought of this anyway ?! lol !

Looks good to me. Just a few much needed common sense rules. I don't have a clue who some of those guys are on the top 20 list ??
Old 11-30-2004, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

I like the rules, but I don't care for the number. I see your point, but I also see the friendly competition that goes on between some of us 'Second 10s' all the time. And this new list could dampen that to some extent.

As for the existing list, I know 15, and have talked to 4 others. And I also know the next 10 in line with all the 'lowly 13 second cars'. But you're the moderator, you make the rules (& have to update the list). I guess I'll just have to build a mid 11 sec car so I can stay on the list....for a month or 2 anyway.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so no LT1 cars?

I know it is LS1 tech. Going to have to find a kool LT1 place to hang out now
Old 11-30-2004, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

i like the new rules Boyce, What do you mean by licensed, just have tags or be fully street legal? I think it will bring out allot more competition But it could cause some people to go crazy, soon well will be seeing all trailor queens
Old 11-30-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
so no LT1 cars?

I know it is LS1 tech. Going to have to find a kool LT1 place to hang out now

I do believe I'm in the top 10 with a 95 Z28 that is still an ELL TEE JUAN. As well as Ken. I know most of you haven't met me yet, but a few of yas have. I like the new format/rules. Looks good to me.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

My .02

Just read it again LT1 cars would be eligeble. HELL my 73 455 SD 4spd is eligeble

Second- I would like to see it on street tires. My reasoning behind this is that if the car is street legal it should have street tires. Maybe have a sticky for the "race cars" but really there was only one 9 second in the top 20 before. Most of us don't even dream of 8's and nines' so street tires only in which case ET's and QTP's are legal although the most I'd ever run is DR's so I'm still screwed.

Third- I would keep it top twenty so we can all compete, if we get 10 ten second cars its going to be hard for the rest of us to get there. But its nice to be able to aspire to an 11.5 15th place If you want someone else to administer it cause it is so large I volunteer, I word from home and am in front of this computer all day long!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sardog46
i like the new rules Boyce, What do you mean by licensed, just have tags or be fully street legal? I think it will bring out allot more competition But it could cause some people to go crazy, soon well will be seeing all trailor queens

Thats my point ESPECIALLY if we go only 10 I would like it to be street DRIVEN vehicles.

I could get a Nova gut it and put a H/C LS1 with slicks and 5:12's and tear it up but that would be an interesting trip to the store
Old 11-30-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Guys ALL fbodys are still welcome no matter what motor you have. If you have a hybrid then it must be LS1 powered that's the only stipulation. SBC,BBC,L98,LT1,and LS1's are all still equally welcome. I was a little confused the 1st time I read it too
Old 11-30-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

I think the new rules are great, although I think it would be good to have a top 10 NA list and a top 10 FI/Nitrous list.. Because nitrous is basically cheating and it doesn't take much to get down into the 11s
Old 11-30-2004, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I also agree on the tires and street driven but I also feel that some of the really fast cars could be added in maybe a top five fastest stock suspened class Go as far as to list them below all others.

Poik the problem with the two lists is most of the same people would be on the same list save for Boosted cars.

BTW juice is not cheating anymore then boost
Old 11-30-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's wrong with posting the top 20? The rules can stay the same but leave it at 20 that way the vast majority that post here can see how they stack up. I am not a big drag racer but it was nice to crack the 12's my first time out. With these rules a lot of us would not have even been mentioned. Where was Mark and Jason's times at the beginning of last year? Now look at them. It was great to watch them move up the ladder. Now it just happens to be a step stool instead of a ladder.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

i like your idea to elis. And poik why do you think nitrous is cheating? some choose blowers, some the bottle, some all throttle, evrybody wants something diffrent, it doesn't matter how you get their as long as you get their.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Well I am just saying . As a hypothetical situation, let's say I buy a NX wet kit and some accessories for about $1k. Then in this hypothetical situation, first race day I go out and run it on the full 150 shot and go 11.8 or so.. It would just put so many NA cars with lots more "always-on" power back a few spots on the list.. Maybe I'm just rambling..
Old 11-30-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Run what you brung. The only reason I brought up tires is because the quarter is all about that launch, so you have to put us on even ground. With slicks gears and a 100 shot with a little suspension you'd be suprised what a STOCK ls1 would do.

Nitrous is no more cheating then Heads and cam they both add a 100+ horsepower. Slicks aren't cheating they just put the car in another class, You can have a 400shot of Nitrous and still run a 12 if you can't get traction....

Last edited by 93TAWicked1; 11-30-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

Good idea Boyce! I think the rules are fair and equitable.

Leave everything as it is tho I do think it should be a street driven/licensed car.

Don't worry about all the other issues, ie: N2O, FI, suspension, etc. run what ya brung and show the slip!

Ken

Quick Reply: Top 20.......Changes for '05