Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Pillar Pod is in

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pillar Pod is in

As some of you saw last night, I finally got my pillar pod in. I don't have the sensors in & wired up, but the wires for each are coiled & stowed under the dash. I figured I'd wait for Ellis to do the tranny & hook all 3 up at the same time. I really like the look of them, and so far I've only hit my hand on them once when I was getting out of the car....not when driving (yet).

It took me about 1 1/2 hrs to build the wire harness, and about 3 more to install it in the car. What can I say, I'm slow. I haven't decided for sure where I want to poke the wires thru. Right now the best place seems to be next to the steering column, but I may run them thru the tranny tunnel if there is a nice place. (to avoid the headers) We'll see....

And the colored pieces of tape on the gauges represent the color of wire that goes to each gauge so I know which is which when I hook them up.
Attached Thumbnails Pillar Pod is in-harness-1.jpg   Pillar Pod is in-install-1.jpg   Pillar Pod is in-install-2.jpg   Pillar Pod is in-install-5.jpg   Pillar Pod is in-install-6.jpg  

Old 03-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Holy cow you took your dash off!

The worst part about mine was running the little tube without kinking it to the brake booster, for my boost gauge. I just slid my wires etc., down the pillar to below the kick panel by your left foot and drilled a hole above the clutch through the fire wall.

Looks great! Nice clean work. I love the looks, oh and function.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet.

I think I was behind you the other day at a light near Schucks on State / 4th street.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I figured with 6 wires to run, I'd have an easier time & better results if I just pulled the dash apart. Not that tough really...4 screws on the bottom piece & then the part around the speedo pulls out. They even leave a slot to run wires into the fuse panel + an ignition tap to plug things into. Then I slid the wire for the lights in with the Instr Pnl dimmer fuse.

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Sweet.

I think I was behind you the other day at a light near Schucks on State / 4th street.
Thanks! In what? Probably was me if it was loud, had twin dual exh tips, 315 rear tires, and my vanity plate. There are 2 red ram airs in Msville, but the other one is stock. (3 actually, but #3 is a vert)
Old 03-06-2005, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

He was probably in his Silver Mustang GT that was at the cruise in last night.

Looks good mark
Old 03-06-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

I couldn't install those in my car because I would hit my Italian nose on those things everytime I would get in and out of the car.... Looks **** though!!
Old 03-06-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks really nice, Mark! I like the pillar gauges... I thought at first maybe it would be kind of hard to see, but after seeing it first hand, it looks like it'll do the trick.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

I like it Mark. It looks good and serves a valuable purpose. Now the ricers will like you better too
Old 03-06-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
I like it Mark. It looks good and serves a valuable purpose. Now the ricers will like you better too
Bill....god I miss your witty repiorte' (sp?). Shouldn't you be mowing the lawn or something?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good. Did you take the seat out before climbing under there?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Holy **** mark, its about time Youve had that damn thing for like a year.

Did you go ahead and pull the airbag since you were in their?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Seat? AIRBAG?! Damn guys, did you forget how lazy I am? And you know me Jason, I buy **** & it sits in my garage for 6 months gathering dust before I get around to putting it in. Kinda like this old yellowing box here that I use for a foot rest that says Yank on it. Sooner or later.....
Old 03-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Seat? AIRBAG?! Damn guys, did you forget how lazy I am? And you know me Jason, I buy **** & it sits in my garage for 6 months gathering dust before I get around to putting it in. Kinda like this old yellowing box here that I use for a foot rest that says Yank on it. Sooner or later.....
Tonight looks like a brutal night for responses. Atracting ricers... Wait till you get the gauges on the other pillar.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

I like it Mark, but I think you can take the tape off the gauges now.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:23 AM
12 Second Club

Looks good.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by howierd42
I like it Mark, but I think you can take the tape off the gauges now.
Um, not until I connect the wires to the sending units that I haven't installed yet. You may have missed the part in the first post about the wires being coiled & stowed under the dash.

And if anyone takes any of my responses the wrong way, please don't. I'm just having fun. This is all good for me. I take no offense and any of your back-stabbing snide remarks about my riced-out car. Park bench spoiler, tires hanging out the fenders, and now pillar gauges.....what's next, neon lights?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

And if anyone takes any of my responses the wrong way, please don't. I'm just having fun. This is all good for me. I take no offense and any of your back-stabbing snide remarks about my riced-out car. Park bench spoiler, tires hanging out the fenders, and now pillar gauges.....what's next, neon lights?

I am offended about the way you have JUST RUINED a Great american icon! All those fancy dancy Ricer parts and all the other Stuff

hehehe

BTW I thought you said you took that dash apart?
Attached Thumbnails Pillar Pod is in-wires.jpg  
Old 03-07-2005, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
LOL There is apart, and then there is TORN THE F APART! People like you, Ryan, Jason & Boyce are on another plane. My car still had the stock exhaust manifolds on it up until about a year ago.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I am offended about the way you have JUST RUINED a Great american icon! All those fancy dancy Ricer parts and all the other Stuff

hehehe

I thought my dash had alot of stuff behind it, but damn.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah no kidding, next thing you know you'll be adding tons of stickers under your hood! oh wait...

Quick Reply: Pillar Pod is in