Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

got my first ticket in washington

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default got my first ticket in washington

well on my way back into wa. i was just cruzin through traffic when i see a cop being me. he comes up and asked are u in a hurry. i replied nope not at all. then he tells me that he and a few other patrol units were sent to find a red TA with texas plates. cause they had numerous callws that i was doing about 100 to 110. he was sittin on a bridge waiting for me and hit me with a laser doing 90 in a 70. that blows.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Ouch that sucks... probably some damn tree huggers or somethin that called in cuz they can't go that fast
Old 03-20-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Sorry to hear it dude.

From everything I have heard, they are FAR more strict up there in WA then even here in Cali.........heck, even I don't speed up there and I have a "get out of ticket free" card (Badge).
Old 03-20-2005, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Sorry to hear it dude.

From everything I have heard, they are FAR more strict up there in WA then even here in Cali.........heck, even I don't speed up there and I have a "get out of ticket free" card (Badge).
Yup I think Oregon is worse but not by a ton You have to remember they feel ticketing us into hell is fair because we vote down bills that rape the **** out of us for taxes
Old 03-20-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear it dude.

ya he saw my badge and sayed he is going to ignore it.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Yup I think Oregon is worse but not by a ton You have to remember they feel ticketing us into hell is fair because we vote down bills that rape the **** out of us for taxes
I HATE Oregon. Stupid "not allowed to pump your own gas"
Old 03-20-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** you wanna get out and pump your own gas go ahead

I moved down here from Alaska and the idea of full service was a luxury beyond me. Well after being here a year I drove up to Seattle for a competition specialties show left the night before at like 1 am.

Get to Olympia and pull into a gas station, and sat there for like 5 minutes. Looked over and the attendent was inside the store reading. So I wait a little while longer and then honked my horn. He looked up and then continued to read. So I wait another couple of minutes and by then I'm pretty pissed cause I know HE KNOWS I'm there. So I get out the car storm into the store and I'm like "are you going to get out here and pump my gas" and he was like "pump it your damn self".............

Just then it hit me
Old 03-20-2005, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

hehe that's why I always fill up just before entering oregon and just after lol...

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
So I get out the car storm into the store and I'm like "are you going to get out here and pump my gas" and he was like "pump it your damn self".............

Just then it hit me

Old 03-20-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Veteran

**** you wanna get out and pump your own gas go ahead

I moved down here from Alaska and the idea of full service was a luxury beyond me. Well after being here a year I drove up to Seattle for a competition specialties show left the night before at like 1 am.

Get to Olympia and pull into a gas station, and sat there for like 5 minutes. Looked over and the attendent was inside the store reading. So I wait a little while longer and then honked my horn. He looked up and then continued to read. So I wait another couple of minutes and by then I'm pretty pissed cause I know HE KNOWS I'm there. So I get out the car storm into the store and I'm like "are you going to get out here and pump my gas" and he was like "pump it your damn self".............

Just then it hit me
The idea of some minimum wage gas jockey spilling gas/scratching my ride/etc does NOT appeal to me........overall, the idea of someone doing all the work for me is nice, but not on/with my baby.

I was the same way my 1st pit stop in OR.....got out, some pimple-faced kid was reaching for the pump, I was like, "It's ok, I got it".....he then spews on and on about the law, how it is there to help people like him etc.....so I hovered over him like a Mom with her newborn and made him earn every dime.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
hehe that's why I always fill up just before entering oregon and just after lol...
If only I had known..............I never woulda slowed down in that State
Old 03-20-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL dude I hear you, I don't like it either. Not too mention do I not like it I have to PAY for it wether I want it or not. Down rite un American. I have to tell them to not top it off and watch them every time.

Although with the truck its kinda nice, but at 50 bucks a fill up if I could save .10 a gallon I'd do it myself!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

If only I had known..............I never woulda slowed down in that State
lol damn double nickel on the highways... have they fixed that yet? I need to get a V1 before I go through there next time.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

LOL dude I hear you, I don't like it either. Not too mention do I not like it I have to PAY for it wether I want it or not. Down rite un American. I have to tell them to not top it off and watch them every time.

Although with the truck its kinda nice, but at 50 bucks a fill up if I could save .10 a gallon I'd do it myself!
Stupid me, I gassed up in Reading, CA after I had dinner and stopped in Medford, OR to sleep.........figured I wouldn't make it to WA on what I had left so I got gas after checking out of the hotel............live & learn.

$50????
I thought $35 was bad enough in my girl.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
lol damn double nickel on the highways... have they fixed that yet? I need to get a V1 before I go through there next time.
IIRC, there are places that it is above 55 MPH.......when I left Cali it was dark and raining so I wasn't looking to go too fast anyway, when I left it was broad daylight and I was too paranoid about getting pulled over to speed.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
well on my way back into wa. i was just cruzin through traffic when i see a cop being me. he comes up and asked are u in a hurry. i replied nope not at all. then he tells me that he and a few other patrol units were sent to find a red TA with texas plates. cause they had numerous callws that i was doing about 100 to 110. he was sittin on a bridge waiting for me and hit me with a laser doing 90 in a 70. that blows.

Congratulations! Welcome to washington I think they still have the deal that you can pay $100 or so dollars, and as long as you don't get caught doing bad things again, it won't show up for insurance purposes.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Cool

$50????
I thought $35 was bad enough in my girl.
I filled up the other day and cost me 78...
Old 03-20-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Junkie

JESUS 78!!! My highest was $54 of regular unleaded when I let the blazer go on fumes. I'm thinking about selling it and buying a Bike with one of those little cars on the side for the dog!
Old 03-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Launching!

34 gallon tank drained to about 4 gallons left... and at the price of diesel now, it adds up really quick. WA has the highest price of diesel in all of the US.

Oh yea, and that's another reason why I'm thinking of getting an 05 GTO... I've already got a bike for the nice days, which has been too far and few between lately.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

I remember when diesel used to be inexpensive fuel. What a buncha now.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Yea, it seems as if the price of diesel went up once I bought one... lol

Wait, that's not funny.

Quick Reply: got my first ticket in washington