Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

NW F-Body, Who wants to race?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default NW F-Body, Who wants to race?

Well guys the time has come. There have been questions on what is up. No clue what happened to Team NW Racing.

Steph and I Aquired the NW F-body stuff a while back.

Steph and I have a new idea. I will let her post it

DAMN! I just noticed I lost my Name!
Old 03-23-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is everyone still interested in re-starting NW F-body?

Ellis and I were talking about it earlier and I know we have some of us that are still wanting to be a team. I read a thread a few days back where people weren't sure what team to race on or which way to go. It got my brain to going and well, here's an option! NW F-body!

This time around the focus will be on "FUN" no political BS! We want to go back to the basics and the reason this team was started in the first place.

It was started so people could get together and Race, Wrench on each others cars, Go on cruises, Car shows, BBQ's, Bench Races...Fun, fun...The name will be NW F-body. Everyone is invited to race "run what ya brung" like always. But you don't Have to race to be a member.

Anyway, if your interested let me know, I'll get everyone onto a list as a member and we'll go from there.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Veteran

I will be up by the end of May and am interested............what are the requirements/needs (car wise)/financial inputs/etc?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I belong to two clubs? I'm a member of the PNWCC for racing purposes, but hell, I hang out with all of you guys all the time...
Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 AM
10 Second Club

At this point there is not much required other then the friends we have here and the love of cars

I already cover the cost of the web sight (needing work as it may) and that is all there is. The web sight has always been the tie that bound the gruop. I KNOW it isnt going any where now It is nothing spectacular but hosting vids is out. A few have offered to host vids for us.

This can be as much or as little as people want. It WILL be a very loose setup Rules and reg's will be as minimal as can be

The focus ,for some reason , was 4th gen F-body's but grew as things changed.

What it WON't be. A racing team. Yes I hope we race together under the same banner "NW F-Body" but racing is not the focus....FUN is the focus. I hope to do some SOLO-II events and some drag racing events as well as some Shows.

Just remember one thing FUN!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

well I'm all about fun...
Old 03-23-2005, 01:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Can I belong to two clubs? I'm a member of the PNWCC for racing purposes, but hell, I hang out with all of you guys all the time...
You can race for who ever you want that is not a requirement.

It is late but there is really ALOT of history over the past seven years. You should have been there the night Arron and I ask PNWCC to join us under our name. They said NO ans we said then loose...and they did in a big way over the next three years

Did you guys Know Don Berry was the driving force in the founding of PNWCC?

OR that a few of us Actually started putting together the NWFOG(North West F-body Owners Group) back in 1998?

Lots of history
Old 03-23-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

You know I am with you. I won't be able to race (legally) until I get a cage installed and I won't do that until I can work out a way to still be able to use my toneau cover. But I am with you as far as fun, get togethers, and shows are concerned. I should have a new web design for you soon too, definately before we get too far into the season.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:38 AM
11 Second Club

Count me in.......Now if I only had a car...hehehehe

Jimbob
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Well, OK, I guess. You know how much I hate racing, wrenching on cars & hanging out with you guys! I will make this one sacrifice for the good of the group. NW F-Body it is. Glad you posted this well before the 1st CCC race.

So, will there be dues? What about club window stickers? (hmmm, I wonder if I can do that with the stuff I'm buying for your decals Ellis......maybe) From the sounds of it, there won't be any elected officials. What about a Club House? Meetings? (every Sat @ Hooters? )

Whatever, I'm in.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

I am in too, at least for a couple of moths yet, let me know.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Launching!

FUN eh, I can do that. Just so long as I don't actually have to have an F body to participate. Details, details.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome guys! You can be members of both clubs PNWCC and NW F-body, we were members of both a few years ago, we just kind of lost track and now I don't think we are members of PNWCC any more. We didn't race for them though, just went to shows and cruises to the beach and stuff. It was fun!

We have an e-mail list nw-f-body@dowco.com just send an email to majordomo@lists.dowco.com with subscribe nw-f-body in the body of the mail.

The old Team NW List is teamnw@yahoogroups.com here is the web page http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/TeamNW/ I'm not sure who the moderator is for the Team NW mail, maybe sarah?, but they made it so you have to be approved to join the list. Just go there and signup, then you will be approved. Both lists are pretty much the same, I'm not sure who's on what list. I usually post to both at the same time.

You don't have to get on the e-mail list, it's just easier to keep track of people that way
Old 03-23-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by burbman
FUN eh, I can do that. Just so long as I don't actually have to have an F body to participate. Details, details.
No, you don't have to have an F-body! Everyone is welcome!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Launching!

I am new to everything but you can count me in.

Ram
Old 03-23-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=Z ANGEL]Is everyone still interested in re-starting NW F-body? /QUOTE]

Re-starting?

I never left!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Sure don't know how much of the ccc's I'll be able to make. But during the weekends in my spare time I can tinker around with a web design if you want me to
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Jason yes you can belong to two clubs buy you can race only under one name.
I can name several of our members including Dan & Myself who belong to other clubs but spend time with PNWCC. Dan & I spend time when we are not in the staging lanes hanging out with the Seattle grand pix club (team Misfits) Heck I heven raced the 00 GTP last year & sucked at it, but I raced with PNWCC.

Clubs are about having fun if you have time to be involved in more than one club kewl.

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Did you guys Know Don Berry was the driving force in the founding of PNWCC?
Don Berry was one of the Founders of PNWCC & He still holds #1 membership card to this day.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Personally guys I thought the name change was a problem you guys didnt race as well the last two years then you guys have in the past. Maybe because some of your key racers (Ellis & a few others stopped racing with the team)

I personally would rather race with TNWF then TNWR even though they are the same team.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

[QUOTE=CHarris]
Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Is everyone still interested in re-starting NW F-body? /QUOTE]

Re-starting?

I never left!

ME EITHER, ME TOO!

Quick Reply: NW F-Body, Who wants to race?