Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Post Those Results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just want all of you to know I had much more fun at work while you guys were racing, lol.

Looks like everyone had a blast and are moving faster. Great vidoes, how cool is that right off the internet. I wish I was there snapping pics, I enjoy doing that.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sardog46
Ok their is only one way to settle this................Bumper chains in the dirt.
Excuse me sir, but I noticed one of your trailer lights is a little dim....

And ask Bubba about the boat he almost bought. Damn Marysville drivers!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok their is only one way to settle this................Bumper chains in the dirt.

HELL YEAH!!

You gotta admit when some one is talkin' crap and getts whooped it is all good

Think I will go out and get my Chair ready!
Old 04-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by CHarris
My wheels and tires weigh 99 lbs each. I weighed 'em.
How is it your setup weighs so much? The 39's for the rock buggy are half filled with water and only weigh around 80 lbs.

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Actually I have Seen Duramax trucks run 12s with nothing but a program , a cut out and a billet cover converter Four Door 4X4 Duelies at that
I haven't seen 12's with just that... 13s I can see though. Hell, there's a box I can get for my truck that will give me an extra 190RWHP & 580RWTQ... That box would get me down there as well. The reason I added all the others in there... why just get into the 12s when you can get deep into the 12's. Also, I wasn't exactly in drag attire... stock or some other lightweight tires, slicks, no tailgate, bumper, lights, spare, toolbox or anything else... that all helps out.

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Excuse me sir, but I noticed one of your trailer lights is a little dim....

And ask Bubba about the boat he almost bought. Damn Marysville drivers!!!
lol yea, I told them about that... damn turbo was spooled and I could barely slow down enough.

Why not share the S-10 that almost whooped you off the line Mark?
Old 04-10-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would that prove? It's already settled and we both have the timeslip to prove it
Old 04-10-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Honestly, Bubba, you should go ahead and put up your times on your sig. It's a very decent time. Even when I ran 15.0 I got a lot of respect from spectators and interest in what I had done to the H2 out at PIR. It's not a bad time at all. A stock H2 runs 17.7 or so.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bubba_Goat
Why not share the S-10 that almost whooped you off the line Mark?
That little S10 gets it done I don't remember what he ran but it was nasty. There's a few fast trucks out there but most aren't anything you would want to drive daily.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

That little S10 gets it done I don't remember what he ran but it was nasty. There's a few fast trucks out there but most aren't anything you would want to drive daily.
Bubba is talking about an S10 with loud exhaust that acted likke he ws going to try to beat me to the entrance ramp by the Evt Mall. I was in the right lane & he was in the middle lane. He started to creep before the light turned green but killed the eng when he dumped the clutch. I just cruised off laughing. I WAS going to show him...figured Bubba would have jumped on it & beat him too. That would have been hilarious!!!

I think that red S10 at Bremerton was running 11s.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Cool

What would that prove? It's already settled and we both have the timeslip to prove it
yea yea yea... if I wasn't broke and eating mac and cheese, I'd do what I want to to this thing (and not have to worry about getting rid of it as I am now) and we could make another trip down there.

Honestly, Bubba, you should go ahead and put up your times on your sig. It's a very decent time. Even when I ran 15.0 I got a lot of respect from spectators and interest in what I had done to the H2 out at PIR. It's not a bad time at all. A stock H2 runs 17.7 or so.
Yea, I just hadn't brought in the slips yet...they're still out in the truck. Linda (Mark's wife) was telling me when she got a video of me going down that there were people out there saying how surprised they were... of course that run I was a dumbass and had the EZ on 1 so it basically went down the strip with an intake mod only and it was still a 15.98... so I'm happy that I was still sub 16's.

Bubba is talking about an S10 with loud exhaust that acted likke he ws going to try to beat me to the entrance ramp by the Evt Mall. I was in the right lane & he was in the middle lane. He started to creep before the light turned green but killed the eng when he dumped the clutch. I just cruised off laughing. I WAS going to show him...figured Bubba would have jumped on it & beat him too. That would have been hilarious!!!
Oh yea, I was ready for you to lead the way and me to follow. Instead, I creeped past pointing and laughing.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Probely nothing but it would be fun watching that dodge rip your bumber off
Old 04-10-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Probely nothing but it would be fun watching that dodge rip your bumber off
I don't see the bumper coming off. The frame is pretty damn tough on this truck. But it won't be tested either. Lots of people underestimate it and think it's a Tahoe chassis. Wrong. Most of the weight of this thing is in the chassis and running gear.

I will concede that I would lose in a towing contest. The H2 is only rated to tow a light open trailer and a race car.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I must admit if he had really turned up the heat on the Dodge it would be breaking stuff.

One of the guys at work has a 04 Dodge Cummins Four Door 4X4 long box Dullie silver. Nothing more then the 100HP Bully Dog box and it has been shreading Drive lines at an Astounding rate!

That was his only mod. Now he has added the 6in Exhaust with down pipe and a CAI
Old 04-10-2005, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

I'm STILL waiting for Sardog to post up with details about his "secret ballast" mod.....
Old 04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

I'm STILL waiting for Sardog to post up with details about his "secret ballast" mod.....
We will just keep that between us
Old 04-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Ah come on... share that mod. It may help others get rid of a slight knocking sound.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Launching!

IAT's were a "cool" 70 degrees above ambient at the start of the first run and were 50 degrees over ambient at the start of the second run. Both runs ended with IAT's in the 150-160 range.
Cory, where are you getting those IAT readings from? As part of my design, I want to measure charge temps before and after the i/c to measure effectiveness.

By the way, you may want to run some dry ice or something in the water tank for the i/c, should be good for some additional timing at the top end, and would bring those times down further. (you might need to wait to grill the dogs until the run is complete though)

Last edited by burbman; 04-11-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by burbman
Cory, where are you getting those IAT readings from? As part of my design, I want to measure charge temps before and after the i/c to measure effectiveness.

By the way, you may want to run some dry ice or something in the water tank for the i/c, should be good for some additional timing at the top end, and would bring those times down further. (you might need to wait to grill the dogs until the run is complete though)
The magnacharger relocates the IAT readings from the MAF (stock location) to the intake base so it reads true IAT's after the compressor and intercooler. Not all superchargers do that. It is nice that it gives a valid reading so you can tune accordingly. I use my rearview mirror temp display to get the ambient temp reading.

I could go for the dry ice thing but would really rather have something that is always available rather than a "track only" setup. I'll go to a custom heat exchanger pretty soon. If that doesn't do enough I'll go to Alcohol Injection.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Launching!

That makes sense. I was surprised at how high those temps got for you. I expected the Radix intercooler to do a better job at controlling the charge temps. Your numbers have me thinking about increasing the size of the air to air i/c I will be running.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by burbman
That makes sense. I was surprised at how high those temps got for you. I expected the Radix intercooler to do a better job at controlling the charge temps. Your numbers have me thinking about increasing the size of the air to air i/c I will be running.
The H2 heat exhanger (the part that cools the water) is about the size of a big transmission cooler. I believe the other applications are larger. They have a very nice cooler for the trucks that gets temps within 20 degrees or so of ambient. That heat exhanger won't fit the H2 because it's too big and the grill on the H2 is very compact and the skidplate prevents a lower mounting.

Your supercharger and intercooler are probably fine. Completely different systems. I wouldn't change anything until it is running. Speaking of which... get to work on it!