Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Cat poop

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only speak for myself but I was just having fun with the kitty trash talking......I don't condone killing any animal unless it is in self-defense or it is gonna be my dinner. Cats suck but mostly cuz I am allergic and they spray that SMELLY stuff all over the place.........other people can have em and it doesn't phase me one bit. Kinda like kids....I don't want any but that doesn't mean they are all bad. Besides, the bad ones are usually the fault of the parents.

As for dogs, I adore them (obviously) but I have also killed them (again, in self defense) and it made me sick to have to do it..........for those of you all talking about killing them (if you are serious) try to remember that it IS the owners fault and it IS illegal to kill animals for sport or however you look at it/wanna refer to it......like tossing one in the water in a cage........I believe the term is "Cruelty to Animals" and it is a felony in most places...........I am just saying.

Again, if you were just joking then you can ignore me....most everyone does anyway.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on cats being indoor animals... my wife has two cats, and we would never let them out on their own, because as far as I'm concerned when you do that, the cat is fair game to whatever or whoever is out there.

I also wouldn't let my dog run around loose either... if he's outside without supervision, it should be fenced in and/or leashed.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

That Boxer probably just wants to play. Everyone thinks Brutus is a killer but the only way he would hurt anybody is by accident getting too excited... although I don't know if I'd walk into a yard with a Boxer without the owners permission. But yes if a pitbull or any dog jumps the fence all bets are off. I personally wouldn't shoot first but I don't blame anyone that would especially with a child. I firmly believe an owner that lets a dog out without a lease is responsible for whatever happens. It sucks because sometimes accidents do happen and a dog gets out. But some people are just idiots and the "accidents" always happen and the dog KEEPS getting out, so you just have to assume the worst.

Cats should be kept inside period, end of story. Maybe if you live out on a farm with 20 acres let it out but in the city there is no reason to. My cats have been outside once in the last 8 years and that was because I left the door open on accident( The dog got out too). They were back inside within 30 minutes.

Its stupid because outdoor cats get killed so you would think cat owners would keep them indoors???

There are people that don't pick up after there dogs in my townhome community drives me crazy and I like dogs, I can understand why people who don't like them get even more pissed. But again its the owners responsibility the dog can't pick up his own ****.....If you know someone that can train one to let me know I'll gladly pay
Old 05-10-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I can only speak for myself but I was just having fun with the kitty trash talking......I don't condone killing any animal unless it is in self-defense or it is gonna be my dinner. Cats suck but mostly cuz I am allergic and they spray that SMELLY stuff all over the place.........other people can have em and it doesn't phase me one bit. Kinda like kids....I don't want any but that doesn't mean they are all bad. Besides, the bad ones are usually the fault of the parents.
ding ding ding! we have a winner. Responsible parents or responsible pet owners are the issue. Dogs are as sneaky as cats when it comes to being an escape artist - that rott/great dane figured out how to body slam the side of the kennel so it pulled 5" long wood screws out of the 2x4's off the side of the house. He would wait until I was gone to do it too. I was able to catch him on the side of the road because I kept a lead attached to him at all times, just in case (yeah, that was a fun month!)

As for dogs, I adore them (obviously) but I have also killed them (again, in self defense) and it made me sick to have to do it..........for those of you all talking about killing them (if you are serious) try to remember that it IS the owners fault and it IS illegal to kill animals for sport or however you look at it/wanna refer to it......like tossing one in the water in a cage........I believe the term is "Cruelty to Animals" and it is a felony in most places...........I am just saying.
You nailed it - it is a felony if you are charged with cruelty to animals. Not everyone has to like cats. Not everyone has to like dogs. Not everyone has to kill em' because they don't like em'.
Again, if you were just joking then you can ignore me....most everyone does anyway.
heh, come join me in my corner......plenty of room
Old 05-10-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
ding ding ding! we have a winner. Responsible parents or responsible pet owners are the issue. Dogs are as sneaky as cats when it comes to being an escape artist - that rott/great dane figured out how to body slam the side of the kennel so it pulled 5" long wood screws out of the 2x4's off the side of the house. He would wait until I was gone to do it too. I was able to catch him on the side of the road because I kept a lead attached to him at all times, just in case (yeah, that was a fun month!)

You nailed it - it is a felony if you are charged with cruelty to animals. Not everyone has to like cats. Not everyone has to like dogs. Not everyone has to kill em' because they don't like em'.

heh, come join me in my corner......plenty of room
Woo Hoo!!!!!! I am FINALLY a winner.

Dogs (and even some cats) can be/are VERY smart....hell, my old Beagle was frighteningly smart....lil bastard

I will bring the drinks to our corner cuz I am sure I will be lamented for my views/statements.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

I have always had dogs, always will. BUT, mine are never let outside the fence to my backyard. If they are they are on a leash with choke chain. I can easily count on one hand the amount of times one of my dogs has gotten out in the last 20+ years.

Leash laws are there for a reason. Cats are included.

I also watch some loser dog owners walking their dogs without a shitbag. I have gone off a couple times on those dipshits as their dogs deposited a shitpile on my front yard and they nonchalantly walk off without even thinking about picking it up. Tell ya what, those people changed their walking routes cuz after going off on em like Lou Piniella on a rookie pitcher struggling to throw strikes, I've never seen em again.

Cats, or their owners that let them roam free, are the worst. Luckily, I have yet too see some scruffys footprints on my car, but the day I do, hunting season is open. I'd have a hard time killing a cat for walking on my car, but I will make sure the disease ridden feral fleabag will think twice or three times about hopping on my hood for a nice warm nap after I get home from work at night.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank God it's a free country, where any body that has an opinion is free to have it and you are free to dislike it.

I offered a way to catch a nuisance animal and two ways of getting rid of it. Take your pick on which one you want. It's your karma.

How bad do you dislike cat **** in your car? Bad enough to shut your car windows? Bad enough to keep the garage closed? Bad enough to confront the owner? Bad enough to take care of the problem yourself? It's your choice.

How 'bout other animals doing other things to your yard/ trees/garden/ clothes/buildings/pets, etc.? Should you have to put up with somebody else being a jerk and not keeping their animals right?

There are animal cruelty laws. And nuisance animal laws. And nuisance neighbor laws. Which is the most useful in your case?

People that don't give a rat's patootie what problems their animals cause and think YOU'RE the ***** for complaining are the real problem. But what to do about it is your choice.

I only offered options.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

People that don't give a rat's patootie what problems their animals cause and think YOU'RE the ***** for complaining are the real problem. But what to do about it is your choice.
I agree. You can take the high road only so many times before getting frustrated and taking matters into your own hands. I always try to be nice about first and talk in a rational manner. If they wanna be a ******** about it and think it's no big deal then so be it. Two can play that game.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

I love pretty much all animals. My dogs are always behind a fence, but my cats are free to come and go. Only one of my cats ever leaves the yard ( seriously ), but I've never recieved a complaint about him. If I did he'd be inside only. I have other neighbors cats AND dogs visiting my house from time to time and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, although I don't relish picking up other dogs crap in my front yard To me it's just part of life. If you leave your car outside, expect catprints on it. If you leave your garage door open, expect catshit in it, if you leave your keys in your car, expect a thief to steal it. All the same **** to me. If you are terribly bothered by these little irritants, then you have thin skin and possibly nothing REALLY bad has ever happened to you. People, DON'T sweat the little stuff in life ... and there is only ONE big thing, and that's when you die.

Beyond this if you find it necessary to kill an animal who's being an unbearable nuisance, then be a MAN and do it humanely. I've killed a few myself, and in almost every case it was with a shot to the head. A few others where I had no access to a gun at the time involved a big club.Quick, painless, affective, and the most important thing is ... I had to look that animal in the eye before I killed it, and I had to watch it die. I couldn't escape from the reality of what I had done so there was no " it was here yesterday, but now it's not" type of poisoning bullshit where it just makes it easy to escape what you just did. Poisoning an animal, or throwing one in the river still in a cage or any other method like this is COWARDLY, and I wouldn't have the slightest respect for anyone who would do something so cruel since all these methods do is prevent YOU from having to watch the un-necessary pain and suffering that YOU caused that animal before it's death. Trap it, take it out to the woods, and shoot it is about the only humane way to do it unless you're very confident in your clubbing skills. Any death that's not instantanious is CRUEL and IMO anybody that would intentionally choose a method like poisoning knowing that it means a very slow, very painful death, just to save themselves the discomfort of having to watch the animal die as is the case with the more humane "hands on" types of methods is a COWARD. I realize the everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and this is mine.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mr Incredible
Thank God it's a free country, where any body that has an opinion is free to have it and you are free to dislike it.

I offered a way to catch a nuisance animal and two ways of getting rid of it. Take your pick on which one you want. It's your karma.

How bad do you dislike cat **** in your car? Bad enough to shut your car windows? Bad enough to keep the garage closed? Bad enough to confront the owner? Bad enough to take care of the problem yourself? It's your choice.

How 'bout other animals doing other things to your yard/ trees/garden/ clothes/buildings/pets, etc.? Should you have to put up with somebody else being a jerk and not keeping their animals right?

There are animal cruelty laws. And nuisance animal laws. And nuisance neighbor laws. Which is the most useful in your case?

I only offered options.
I never said this wasn't a free Country or that people couldn't express their opinions......but it's all good.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racehead
I love pretty much all animals. My dogs are always behind a fence, but my cats are free to come and go. Only one of my cats ever leaves the yard ( seriously ), but I've never recieved a complaint about him. If I did he'd be inside only. I have other neighbors cats AND dogs visiting my house from time to time and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, although I don't relish picking up other dogs crap in my front yard To me it's just part of life. If you leave your car outside, expect catprints on it. If you leave your garage door open, expect catshit in it, if you leave your keys in your car, expect a thief to steal it. All the same **** to me. If you are terribly bothered by these little irritants, then you have thin skin and possibly nothing REALLY bad has ever happened to you. People, DON'T sweat the little stuff in life ... and there is only ONE big thing, and that's when you die.

Beyond this if you find it necessary to kill an animal who's being an unbearable nuisance, then be a MAN and do it humanely. I've killed a few myself, and in almost every case it was with a shot to the head. A few others where I had no access to a gun at the time involved a big club.Quick, painless, affective, and the most important thing is ... I had to look that animal in the eye before I killed it, and I had to watch it die. I couldn't escape from the reality of what I had done so there was no " it was here yesterday, but now it's not" type of poisoning bullshit where it just makes it easy to escape what you just did. Poisoning an animal, or throwing one in the river still in a cage or any other method like this is COWARDLY, and I wouldn't have the slightest respect for anyone who would do something so cruel since all these methods do is prevent YOU from having to watch the un-necessary pain and suffering that YOU caused that animal before it's death. Trap it, take it out to the woods, and shoot it is about the only humane way to do it unless you're very confident in your clubbing skills. Any death that's not instantanious is CRUEL and IMO anybody that would intentionally choose a method like poisoning knowing that it means a very slow, very painful death, just to save themselves the discomfort of having to watch the animal die as is the case with the more humane "hands on" types of methods is a COWARD. I realize the everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and this is mine.
VERY nicely put.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

This girl I hung out with last thursday had to put her horse down friday morning, because her neighbor's two german shepards got loose and chewed the horses leg up so bad it was lame
Old 05-10-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racehead
I had to look that animal in the eye before I killed it, and I had to watch it die. I couldn't escape from the reality of what I had done so there was no " it was here yesterday, but now it's not" type of poisoning bullshit where it just makes it easy to escape what you just did. Poisoning an animal, or throwing one in the river still in a cage or any other method like this is COWARDLY,
I wholeheartedly concur with fully understanding what you are doing and then doing it well. Shooting is the best option but isn't always do-able. There are many areas where doing it this way is, for all reality, not an option.

Having done a couple of cats badly, but quietly, I can attest to the difficulty factor. It wasn't quick and I will never do that again. This was done a long time ago, and as I get older it gets more difficult to kill things. I understand things better. But drowning is quicker than some ways, and has been a norm for centuries, kittens and cats. I don't see it as cowardly as some might. I wouldn't do it but for some it may be the right thing.

The only dogs I've killed were damaged and I was in a position where shooting was an option. Rabbits that chew on my flowers and garden are begging for it, and at the correct time of the year make a good meal. They are done properly.

I'm having cat problems in my own life this week. Two neighbors have cats that are using my boat and garden for cat boxes. I've told them to keep their cats in because the trap is going out. I will not return anything that gets caught. It goes straight to the pound. If they miss it they can look for it there. This will not go on indefinitely.

One neighbor was very understanding and I've not seen their cat since. The other guy was a real ***** about it. I figured I was doing the right thing talking to him about it but he was very much the ****-for-brains I dreaded. Fine. His choice.

I have discussed it with the cops, the humane society, and the jerks. I feel good about what I'm doing, and accept my karma. I hope very much it never comes to that, but I have my rights as well.

I sincerly do not wish to stir you guys up. I understand this is a touchy subject for a variety of reasons. Thanks for your consideration.

And I never meant to pick on anybody, Rottluver.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Veteran

I think most that are responding do so out of expeirence in one form or another.
We've all seen bad pet owners.
You can't reason with them.
Its frustrating as hell.

The German Shepards as mentioned above were not properly supervised and most likely raised to be as vicious as possible - I've known too many people with GS's and horses with zero problems. If they are put down it won't tug on my heartstrings one bit, I feel for the horse owner and horse in that case.
Letting your neighbours know 'here's the deal about YOUR cats - no ifs ands or buts' is responsible, if the one guy doesn't care then the only hope is someone better will adopt it from the pound.

I have had to kill many animals that were injured (farm life) and knew how to do it quickly and as humanely as possible from a young age. Even feral cats had to be killed to stop them from attacking the chickens, it wasn't pleasant but it was quick and had to be done - that was part of our daily food source so it was us or them.
We have opposable thumbs.
We win.

There has been the occasional dog that has gotten out at night and they seem to get hit right on the road in front of us. I hate that since they are beyond help and only a gun or suffocation is going to put them out of their misery as fast as possible. Its just got to be done.

All of our cats are indoors. They NEVER go outside. Coyotes will get them but we haven't killed them since they keep other critter population down, its a natural cycle of life and cats are a natural delicacy to them. So are the rabbits and quail and as much as I like seeing them around the property, they would overrun this place pretty quickly if we didn't have a natural predator living around.
The dog is also never away from our side or off our property unless he is on a lead. I wash more doggy poop bags because husband has so many stuffed in his pockets even though we are constantly cleaning up other dogs poop in our front yard.
One day I'm going to do what my neighbour did: put hamburger out with a bit of crayon in it then track which dog craps which color then take *that* to the owner as proof. Next time I see that color on my front area, they are getting a phone call to come and clean it up.

Yep, I need to get thicker skin when it comes to others who can kill a domesticated animal that annoys them and nothing more.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mr Incredible
And I never meant to pick on anybody, Rottluver.
No worries bro, we all have our feelings about things and they won't always be in sync with everyone else's....that's life. I don't let it get to me and I try not to get on anyone else's nerves myself.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Yep, I need to get thicker skin when it comes to others who can kill a domesticated animal that annoys them and nothing more.
NOOOOOOoooo that would make you a cold-hearted B-word and that would make me sad.

(I know you were being sarcastic)
Old 05-11-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
NOOOOOOoooo that would make you a cold-hearted B-word and that would make me sad.

(I know you were being sarcastic)
Sarcasim is REQUIRED in my corner.
So is a bottle of Glenlivit

Hey! Maybe its time to fire up the home poker games again once you get up here. Dogs are welcome as long as they bring money, cigars, and sun-shade hats
Old 05-11-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Sarcasim is REQUIRED in my corner.
So is a bottle of Glenlivit

Hey! Maybe its time to fire up the home poker games again once you get up here. Dogs are welcome as long as they bring money, cigars, and sun-shade hats
Me thinks I will fit in just fine up there.
Jake (my boy) can bring $$ & the hat, but I made him give up smoking cuz it was stinking up the house.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

since we're talking about appropriate treatment of animals, here's a cute clip:
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/flysquirrel1.html
Old 05-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

i couldnt get the video to work, is it the one with the skeet shooter?