Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Coil Relocation Kit Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Just when I think I'm out some asscake drags me back in. Many people still clean plugs today. If you can afford to buy them at whim then good for you. Your asinine list of examples isn’t even worth going into. Modding a car isn’t in the same category and you have no idea of the wear on my shifter. Some people cant afford to change their plugs pre-maturely and disseminating information that isn’t true is just plain ignorant. IF there is a practical reason for doing something then great, I was trying to ascertain that fact on the relocation kit.. You think because you can afford an fbody it means you can just **** money away? LMAO!! Any money saved is money earned, not my fault if you like to waste resources, just don’t call it necessary cause its not, its just pissing money away because you can, big ******* deal. This topic was dead until your late lame *** jumped back in and started again.
And no your not in my world.
You didn't get dragged back in, you were in it the whole time. This is an open forum and there are no rules stating that when a topic goes dead that you have to leave it there. I've seen posts get drug up that were months old because someone shot their mouth off before thinking about the consequences. That is why it is important to think about what you're typing before you let your emotions get the better of you. If you continue to argue and run down respected members of this section with rude name calling, you will be ignored by all. It's one thing to be "preachy" or give opinions, but it's something entirely different when you start the name calling and personal attacks. It's entirely uncalled for and it won't be tolerated for long. IMO I think someone deserves an appology but that's your call I guess.

If you care to take some friendly advice, relax, chill out a bit and don't take things so personally. Try to take a different perspective before posting. You have to remember that most of these guys you are interacting with have been on this section for a long time (years). Then you come on here with your opinions that come accross as if it has to be done your way or no way, then it's going to ruffle a few feathers and they are not going to just stand back and let it happen.

Just my .02

Mike
Old 05-15-2005, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sent 3 pics of the valve covers & coil relocation packs to Josh to have him post them for me. I can't shrink pics from my digi cam down small enough & the video cam pics are crap. So hopefully in a short time you will see the fruits of my latest labor. Let me know what you think....
Old 05-15-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I just sent 3 pics of the valve covers & coil relocation packs to Josh to have him post them for me. I can't shrink pics from my digi cam down small enough & the video cam pics are crap. So hopefully in a short time you will see the fruits of my latest labor. Let me know what you think....

JUST give us the big ones, my 19 inch LCD could use a good screen saver
Old 05-15-2005, 03:22 PM
12 Second Club

Here are the pics

Old 05-15-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks sweet!!! Will that location of the coil packs keep them cooler you think??
Old 05-15-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that an LS1???
Old 05-15-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks! I was worried about the temps too Bobby. But last night I felt mine & compared them to Ricks that are mounted all stock after we drove for 10 miles & they felt just a little cooler. Maybe the headers put off more heat than the radiator?

And it doesn't like much like an LS1 anymore, huh Chris? Which is kinda what I was after. I wanted an old school, dart motor look. Pretty close IMO. BUt like you said, what a major PITA those valve covers are!!! I think I will have to pull the pass side to change plugs. So from that perspective, having to remove the coil packs is easy.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

That looks really nice Mark Definitely time well spent IMO.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Those are some good looking valve covers

Nate
Old 05-17-2005, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Why thank you! I can hook you up with the sponsor if you are interested in buying a set.

I will post more pics when I get my coil packs mounted with the covers I have in mind.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Looks awesome mark! Do you have any closeup pics of the coilpacks or some high res pics?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

These were hi-res originally.....5.3M pixel. I can email them to you.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Those are some good looking valve covers

Nate
You should see them (installed) in person! C'mon over, I'll buy ya a beer

Just wondering when he'll have to start placing traffic cones around the car when he parks with all the attention he'll get
Old 05-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Holy cow that looks awesome!! Great work and it looks absolutly incrediable. I can not wait and see it in person.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Yhea they do look good, saw them at the race last week. He will have to do something at the shows for crowd control.

Now all we have to do is mount up a nitrous system, and then stand by.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Nitrous, yank the seats, drop the front sway bar, get some skinnies, degree the cam, yada yada yada.....it just NEVER ends with you guys does it?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Nitrous, yank the seats, drop the front sway bar, get some skinnies, degree the cam, yada yada yada.....it just NEVER ends with you guys does it?
Nope Never

Quick Reply: Coil Relocation Kit Info