Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Beat to a pulp for trying to Steal a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rottluver
On a similar note..............

Long time ago there was this thing in most (if not all) of the 50 States called the Fleeing Felon rule.......basically if someone was committing a violent felony (or had just committed it) you could shoot him/her as they ran away. 99% of all jurisdictions stopped "allowing" this to occur, but some places, California included, still have it on the books. In the City where I worked in, our County DA's still allowed for that law to be enforced, by civilians OR cops........many many many times we responded to liquor store robberies only to find the perp shot and/or dead from the clerk who used a store supplied gun. It was SOOOO nice, really cut down on robberies and violent crime in the places where it was "known" that they did this. It also cut down on chases, pursuits, etc because the bad guys knew if they ran, we shot at em anyway.

I think all places should reinstate that law.

Actually like that law, in violent crime scenerios it definately makes sense. I wonder if its still good in AK because that is how my friend got shot. I remember I was pretty torn about it because I knew it was prank but at the same time I know the store owner didn't... course that was 12 years ago before the toothless buck 0 Five meth heads weren't on the streets...
Old 05-12-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Long time ago there was this thing in most (if not all) of the 50 States called the Fleeing Felon rule.......basically if someone was committing a violent felony (or had just committed it) you could shoot him/her as they ran away. 99% of all jurisdictions stopped "allowing" this to occur, but some places, California included, still have it on the books. In the City where I worked in, our County DA's still allowed for that law to be enforced, by civilians OR cops........many many many times we responded to liquor store robberies only to find the perp shot and/or dead from the clerk who used a store supplied gun. It was SOOOO nice, really cut down on robberies and violent crime in the places where it was "known" that they did this. It also cut down on chases, pursuits, etc because the bad guys knew if they ran, we shot at em anyway.

Well they don't really have to take it off the books in Kalifornia since they've got plenty of other gun control laws... don't gotta worry about law abiding citizens shooting criminals as they flee when only the bad guys have the guns to begin with.

Sorry, just had to...
Old 05-12-2005, 12:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Actually like that law, in violent crime scenerios it definately makes sense. I wonder if its still good in AK because that is how my friend got shot. I remember I was pretty torn about it because I knew it was prank but at the same time I know the store owner didn't... course that was 12 years ago before the toothless buck 0 Five meth heads weren't on the streets...
No disrespect meant to you or your friend, but pranks are how people get hurt & killed.........if people would stop to think about what they are doing then about 50% of problems could be avoided. I am sorry your friend was hurt though.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Well they don't really have to take it off the books in Kalifornia since they've got plenty of other gun control laws... don't gotta worry about law abiding citizens shooting criminals as they flee when only the bad guys have the guns to begin with.

Sorry, just had to...
No worries, I am leaving The People's Republic of Commiefornia, so I have no love lost for this -hole.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Junkie

No disrespect meant to you or your friend, but pranks are how people get hurt & killed.........if people would stop to think about what they are doing then about 50% of problems could be avoided. I am sorry your friend was hurt though.
Again this was a long time ago he was sixteen and he did something stupid I'm way over it. At the time I was torn both ways especially because I had done something similiar. We would go on Scavenger hunts and setup skits in the courtyard at school. Back then it sounded like fun, now it seems like it was pretty stupid.

But yes I remember I was and still am sorry for the store owner, I know that after he realized he killed a kid and not a true "robber" he probably felt like crap and it really wasn't his fault he was just trying to protect his property. Just a bad situation all around. But yes now that I'm an adult I don't pull "pranks"
Old 05-12-2005, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree this SHOULD be a federal law
Old 05-12-2005, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

And that Bobby is why they make it illegal to shoot people unless your life is in imminent danger. Because ALL kids do stupid $hit. And some of them have died for it. While others, like THIS moron, make a career out of doing drugs & ripping people off, getting let off with light sentences, and then doing it again.

And then they sue some honest citizen when they take matters into their own hands. When in reality it's the weak laws against REAL criminals that perpetuated the problem. I can relate several stories where the laws seemed to protect the bad guy. But I'd still put the punk in the hospital if it was my car.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

I agree!!

I also think we need to have a day at the range. Seems like a lot of us have firearms.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
I agree!!

I also think we need to have a day at the range. Seems like a lot of us have firearms.
I'm all for it... I go to Wade's in Bellevue once in a while, but ammo can get expensive, so I don't go as often as I would like.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Ammo's no prob for me. I usually go to W.S.I. in Factoria.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Ammo's no prob for me. I usually go to W.S.I. in Factoria.
They closed their doors a while back... I used to go there too until they went out of business.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Junkie

LOL I'd be in for a day at the range you guys can teach me how to shoot my gun, I don't think I've done that since I was a kid

Last edited by 93TAWicked1; 05-12-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess the guy Might be at the Car show this weekend in McKenna hes a friend of one of the other club that is coming.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
They closed their doors a while back... I used to go there too until they went out of business.
\

Whoa.........How long ago?? Guess I really need to get to the range again.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

\

Whoa.........How long ago?? Guess I really need to get to the range again.
They've been closed for at least a year and a half or so. Last time I went shooting there had to have been sometime in 2003, and they were closed not too long after that.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Yeah thats what I'm afraid of, although it kind of varies state to state, a friend of mine in high school was doing a prank and got shot at a furniture store (he was trying to borrow the sign/mascot) the owner didn't face charges.

When I first moved to portland someone shot a guy breaking into his El camino and didn't face charges. Both shooting were fatal. Both kind of suprised me.

Although if you come on someones property and try to steal it in my mind you pretty much deserve what you get. On the flip side of that if its some 18 year old kid and is doing it as a prank\joyride its kinda bad that he pays with his life for one stupid mistake.
Very good point here. We've all done stupid things as kids but you have to realize( as the perpetrator) that stealing in most people eyes is a death sentence. Although I didnt think you had the right to gun someone down in the streets, although Portland cops do it all the time. And there is an equal force equation that gets factored in a fight if someone gets killed. This thief got what he deserved as repeat offender. 10-1 the life threatening injury is a cracked skull from the hockey stick, which could be questioned. Dont get me wrong, the guy deserved to get beat within an inch of his life and thats what happened, but ya think 2-1 they could have handled him without a weapon. Not seeing it happen my guess is the stick was cracked over the guys head and that was the end of the struggle, or maybe not. And in the same situation I might have done the same thing. I have a nice supply of hockey sticks, the aluminum one would work real well. Hard to second guess a persons reaction and what they should have done, if your not there yourself in the midst of it. Really the story should be a deterent to thiefs. We're not gonna take that **** in the burbs!!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

I agree!!

Now we are talking. I have several guns I have owned for years and haven't even fired once yet.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now we are talking. I have several guns I have owned for years and haven't even fired once yet.
Dude! Bust em out and lets heat em up! I've got an SKS that I havent shot in a while but its a lot of fun!
What I'd like is a black powder pistol circa civil war
Old 05-12-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Dude! Bust em out and lets heat em up! I've got an SKS that I havent shot in a while but its a lot of fun!
What I'd like is a black powder pistol circa civil war
I have a lot of "wants" in the new gun department, but it will take time........and I thought car modding was an expensive hobby.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Veteran

If I have enough notice we can get a private party space along with discount ammo at Wades.
Including a wide variety of weapons that are downright fun to practice with

Quick Reply: Beat to a pulp for trying to Steal a Camaro