Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Beat to a pulp for trying to Steal a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Very good point here. We've all done stupid things as kids but you have to realize( as the perpetrator) that stealing in most people eyes is a death sentence. Although I didnt think you had the right to gun someone down in the streets, although Portland cops do it all the time. And there is an equal force equation that gets factored in a fight if someone gets killed. This thief got what he deserved as repeat offender. 10-1 the life threatening injury is a cracked skull from the hockey stick, which could be questioned. Dont get me wrong, the guy deserved to get beat within an inch of his life and thats what happened, but ya think 2-1 they could have handled him without a weapon. Not seeing it happen my guess is the stick was cracked over the guys head and that was the end of the struggle, or maybe not. And in the same situation I might have done the same thing. I have a nice supply of hockey sticks, the aluminum one would work real well. Hard to second guess a persons reaction and what they should have done, if your not there yourself in the midst of it. Really the story should be a deterent to thiefs. We're not gonna take that **** in the burbs!!
The maroon bit into the owners finger and wouldn't let go. My guess is he was then hit with a hockey stick, which didn't work, then a choke hold by the neighbour to get the perp from biting off the finger of the owner he was trying to rob.

This is one of two secnarios that could happen with no charges being brought against the owner and buddy helper.

Without a gun or other weapon considered lethal (hockey sticks don't fall into that catagory), one can use "reasonable force" to get a perp to discontinue "maiming or threaten bodily harm, including the loss of life". That is precisely why this perp will still be charged if he lives - granted he may be drinking through a straw the rest of his life but it does not negate the fact he did not flee but instead chose to continue to attack.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
If I have enough notice we can get a private party space along with discount ammo at Wades.
Including a wide variety of weapons that are downright fun to practice with
to my new hero.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rottluver
to my new hero.
No kidding... we should plan something since it is apparent that GEARHED's gots mad connecshunz yo.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GEARHED
The maroon bit into the owners finger and wouldn't let go. My guess is he was then hit with a hockey stick, which didn't work, then a choke hold by the neighbour to get the perp from biting off the finger of the owner he was trying to rob.

This is one of two secnarios that could happen with no charges being brought against the owner and buddy helper.

Without a gun or other weapon considered lethal (hockey sticks don't fall into that catagory), one can use "reasonable force" to get a perp to discontinue "maiming or threaten bodily harm, including the loss of life". That is precisely why this perp will still be charged if he lives - granted he may be drinking through a straw the rest of his life but it does not negate the fact he did not flee but instead chose to continue to attack.
Well the perp SHOULD be charged and thanx for clearing up the use of force issue. Are you sure about the hockey stick not being a dangerous weapon? It has been used in court against a hockey player as assault with such but it was Canada too.. ahhhh wait dangerous and lethal are two differnt things arent they?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Launching!

I'm WA retarded... where's Bellevue? lol I know it's south of me... just not sure how far south. However if it's not too far... I might bring mine out. It's not extensive, but I've got 2 12 gauges, and old 22, an M44 my .40 I carry and the .38 for backup. Shottin **** is fun... I just haven't done it a lot lately because I really haven't had the money to get the ammo to go out.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bubba_Goat
I'm WA retarded... where's Bellevue? lol I know it's south of me... just not sure how far south. However if it's not too far... I might bring mine out. It's not extensive, but I've got 2 12 gauges, and old 22, an M44 my .40 I carry and the .38 for backup. Shottin **** is fun... I just haven't done it a lot lately because I really haven't had the money to get the ammo to go out.
Bellevue is east of Seattle across the lake.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Pathological Modifier

I have a new Winchester Defender 12Ga for this very issue. If you come to my house intent on taking one of my toys, you had better be wearing body armour.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
No kidding... we should plan something since it is apparent that GEARHED's gots mad connecshunz yo.
Just need a sound off and a potential day.

And I have no idea how I end up meeting all sorts of people.
Fearless comes to mind as well as being a smart ***:
"Do you know who *I* am?!"

"Why? Did you forget?"
Old 05-13-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Veteran

My weekends until the end of the month are pretty booked up it seems... but first part of June is wide open for me.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
My weekends until the end of the month are pretty booked up it seems... but first part of June is wide open for me.
I am kinda unavailable till mid-June as most of my firearms won't be here till then.

Oh, and on that deadly weapon issue....in Cali, if you smack someone with a hockey stick, it is considered Assault with a DEADLY weapon......cuz you can kill someone with it if you hit em in the right place......the throat and/or head comes to mind. Lotta everyday stuff "can" be considered a deadly weapon depending on it's use.....
Old 05-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

Yeah, excessive force may be applied to this one. I can't blame them, though. If I'd had my pistol with me on my B-Day I probably would have shot the ******* who hit my car. I'm 90% sure he did it on purpose.
Pisses me off, 'cause the police want the good folks to behave, but jokers who exhibit road rage are described as "a good guy" and the fact he was driving w/ a suspended license is "not germaine to this situation". WTF!
At least the damage is bot that bad.
So, all hail hockey stick guy!
Old 05-13-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh that sucks Jeff, I hope he didn't hurt it too bad! I would be ticked too and if someone did that to my car or tried to steal it, I can tell ya now they wouldn't be walking away...
Old 05-14-2005, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

A guy I work with was at the job, going from one building to another and a guy on meth attacked him, threw him into a dumpster and he fought back. He ended up beating the crap out of the guy that attacked him and the guy ended up in icu. He said he told the guy to stop and the guy continued to try to fight him. When the poilce arrived the guy was so beaten and bloody you couldn't make out who he was. Then he fought the police. They had witnesses that said the guy attacked my buddy, but he was still taken to the station. Was let go about a hour later, but the police didn't even want to take him back to work. Now the guy on meth is taking him to court and his job doen't even want to pay for the court costs even though he was on the job at the time. He showed me his side and scrapes on his face, the bruise on his side was about 20 inches lon and 10 inches wide.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like they may pull the plug on this dead beat **** today. his family is hailing how great he was and how he started over and was living a good life. They ALL skirt the fact he was breaking the god damn law! They are trying to get the guys taken in and it sounds like if they don't they will pursue a civil case. WTF!!

You know if this same guy was a rapest they would not let him live in there hood!

I hate to see the guy dead but he choose the life style he was living and knew the dangers! He got what he deserved!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Banned

Criminals get more rights than victims these days and you have lawyers and millionaire jourist wanna be's who see themselves winning the next big lawsuit to blame. This doesnt surprise me in the least but it will be hard for the perps family to win anything if responsible jurors are selected when it goes to court.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Veteran

They are going to have a tough time in court showing "intent" from the owner and buddy with the perps record and witnesses. Even his car insurance won't pay a dime on this type of civil case.

I hope the owner hires Savage if it comes to it - no one knows true criminals like him and how to beat them at their own game than Tony.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I heard on the radio this morning the guy died.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Criminals get more rights than victims these days and you have lawyers and millionaire jourist wanna be's who see themselves winning the next big lawsuit to blame.
Not changing the subject but I guess it is fine to sleep with a bunch of kids in your bedroom and get away with it, money will allow you to get away with almost anything, amazing (maybe not the second time).

It is funny how the point of the issue gets twisted all the time. You take a risk of stealing knowing you could be in a situation of death, (everyone knows there is that risk) then he dies and everyone feels sorry or they can win a lawsuite. He took a chance thinking dieing would not happen to him, well he gambled wrong, paid the price.

I hate to say it but the guy who died, someone in his family is going to be rich. The point will be it was not worth killing someone for trying to steal a car.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Todd,
I'll bet $50 the family gets nothing in a lawsuit.
Reason?

Wait - can't tell or I'd never get any takers
Old 05-16-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think his family or anyone else deserves a dime. He was breaking the law and was punished for it. Plain and Simple!

Maybe if the courts would do something about these guys instead of just letting them out of jail to do it over and over, then this man wouldn't be dead. They need more than just a slap on the wrist and I hope this man dying will open up some eyes to that fact. This should be an eye opener for Thieves and Courts alike...You do the crime, you do the time...

Quick Reply: Beat to a pulp for trying to Steal a Camaro