Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

So what are 3 CCC points worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So what are 3 CCC points worth?

Oh yeah baby, Alec and I managed to rack up 3 points today in his '67 Chevy C-10, with a best of 19.346! Too bad we broke out that run, and were on the brakes at the end. Little disappointed about that one, but was glad that we even got to the second round LOL. First round we got 19.412 on a 19.400 dial! Ha. By the way, this was running with one spark wire disconnected because we didn't notice it until after the time trials, and by then we didn't want to guess on our dial in. So after being eliminated, we decided to spray paint over the NW F-Body and other writing on the truck so as to get rid of the evidence of bringing the car to the track.. My friend's dad, who owns the truck, did not know we did such a thing. So then we spray painted some flames on the truck and headed home. It's going great on the way home, good oil pressure and no smokescreen, which was just about opposite from the way to the track when we had to use over a gallon of oil just to get there. At the track we fixed the leak from the valve cover and all was good after that!

So about 6 miles outside of Kingston, we are cruising along going 55mph and KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KLANK KLANK SCRAPE BAM! Yes, that's right, you heard it. We coasted for about another 1/2 mile until we found a place to pull over and got out. Looking back up the road, there is a long trail of all the oil that we were so proud we had retained on the return trip... I don't even know why, I mean we had great oil pressure until a rod went through the oil pan, multiple times, and then we didn't. So as boner-inspiring as the truck may be, it is now inopperable.

So we called AAA and they came within 20 minutes which was a little freaky. Got hauled into Kingston and parked it because we decided the extra $200 to haul it across the ferry wasn't worth it. Hopefully we are going to rent a dolly tomorrow and bring it on over.

So I present the question to my fellow f-body owners:

How much are 3 CCC points for NW F-Body worth? My friend needs pretty much a replacement small block bottom end... So if anyone has one of these lying around for cheap, let me know. And also, any donations of parts or otherwise for the cause are extremely welcome... Seriously..

All in all it was a GREAT day to race, we had tons of fun, and it WAS worth it! And we totally bitched that 11.70 second Mustang!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a SINGAL point (Arron running my car) cost me thousands in PT
Old 07-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty sure there are some guys with spare short blocks running around. Not me, but Ask around, they are out there.

Ryan
Old 07-16-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

might be able to find one at a salvage yard....I think a rebuildable block is about $50, but then you need machine work and all that.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Pathological Modifier

Nah, he just needs a short block that runs..... I am sure it dosen't have to run great.

Ryan
Old 07-17-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

I'll check with a buddy tomorrow. He did have a high mile 350 longblock, decent runner for $150. I'll post back after I talk with him.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys, I think we have found some other options by looking on craigslist as well. Hopefully the beast will be back.. Haha, this has been the funniest day ever.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man That sucks....Well at least the old beast gave you its last bit of good life before puking. good thing you got eliminated or you would have been walking from the track

And another bright side you gave 3 points to the team.Most guys blow a motor after 1 point contribution

I will also look around for a block just in case.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks for the support guys

Hey everyone, it's Alec. thank you for the great time yesterday, i'll be racing for NWF in my 280 asap if you guys allow it.

My dad hasn't disowned me yet and as it turns out he was looking at replacing the engine\tranny anyways... so that is good news.

thanks for the great time, and like Poik said, if anyone has a bottom end for sale, let him know, lol
Old 07-17-2005, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Hey thanks for hangin out, Was great to see you kill that mustang
Old 07-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Turns out i had to pay $75 for the tow home, across the water, including the ferry ticket ($50) for the truck. plus i got two free years from AAA for my mom and i at a plus membership.

Quick Reply: So what are 3 CCC points worth?