Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

paging Mark

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paging Mark

Hello,

I was drooling over a picture of your car out at Monroe that was posted. If you don't mind me asking, what catback exhaust do you have on there, those tail pipes are sweet, looks like they fit well on a Firebird.

Thanks, Eddie
Old 08-02-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

That my friend is the Corsa cat back with the Premium Tips. As soon as you go price it, you'll know why you don't see more of them. But the look & sound is quite different from any other system.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Mark, I'll jump in here and ask you another question -- You use comp cam lifters right? I remember you having problems with those, can you elaborate? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mark,
Does the corsa system fit well in our cars, clearance, installation, and what about the sound, any 1900rpm drone. I've been looking in to the GMMG but I don't like the tips that well, yours looks killer. The LM is to loud with headers, I need a change.

God those premium tips are nice.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Mark, I'll jump in here and ask you another question -- You use comp cam lifters right? I remember you having problems with those, can you elaborate? Thanks!
Nope, I run stock lifters (at the moment) Nick. I think it was Boyce that had the Comp R lifters, and his issue was with piston to valve clearance.....
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie's 02 T/A vert.
Mark,
Does the corsa system fit well in our cars, clearance, installation, and what about the sound, any 1900rpm drone. I've been looking in to the GMMG but I don't like the tips that well, yours looks killer. The LM is to loud with headers, I need a change.

God those premium tips are nice.
The tips look great! The muffler polishes up real nice too, if your bent that direction. As for sound, I LOVE the way it sounds. The guys that dyno my car say it's the best sounding LS1 they have ever heard. And the guy at the Monroe track complimented me on how it sounded too.

As for the drone around 2k, that is the LS1 motor. None of them will make that go away. It is a little louder than most, but not like the LM. That has a rather unrefined sound I don't care for. This sounds more like a muffled NASCAR exhaust to me. Meaning it REALLY wakes up when you stick your foot in it.

Borla is another cat back that looks good on TAs, and you can adjust the loudness.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Almost a grand for that catback???? And I thought the GMMG was expensive. Makes the $700 I spent on true duals seem like a bargain........wow!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Corsa is pretty loud... I know when Mark and I have gone down the track side by side people have commented that they can't tell which car is which because the volume level of both our cars is insane at WOT.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you Mark,

I'm going to buy the Corsa with premium tips. Looks like I will be working another weekend for this system.

By the way Mark, it sounds as though you work for Boeing. I worked in Everett for 15 yrs. I'm currently working at the D.C. site in Tukwila.

Eddie Much

Quick Reply: paging Mark