Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Advice needed on LT1 im interested in

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by esoteric
If you are really serious, and 1/4 performance is the central focus, you should ask for some timeslips, or, better yet, ask to watch it perform at the track. If you told him you would buy it contingent on the track performance, it is a fair request.

If you bought it based on his claims, and it ran 13's when you got it to the track, would you be disappointed?

Old 08-12-2005, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by strobelite
If it is the car I am thinking of, then I can personally vouch for its performance levels. I personally tuned it and installed many of the parts. But if its not the car, well who knows.......all I can say is make sure its what he says it is. Because this same friend that owns the car I am thinking of purchased a 93 TA that the owner claimed to run mid 11s, and even supplied videos of it on the track. But that car never even broke out of the 13s let alone getting into the 11s. I have that car in the shop now, its apart because the engine came apart. It wasn't put together properly and the original owner used a stock timing set that broke! Which caused all sorts of problems like bent valves and holes in pistons. Now the only thing I used out of that mess is the block, its going to be a solid roller 383 with ported Dart 230s on top coupled with a TH 350 with a 2.75 low gear and a 5500 stall converter. So it will really run well now.......
Old 08-12-2005, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

That seems like a pretty small cam for a 383. But those times do sound about right for what he has.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

I spoke to the owner of that car, it turns out that it is the car my friend owns and is selling. I can personally vouch for the performance of that car, if that means anything. I did the tuning and most of the installation work on the car last year. He is a personal friend and customer of mine. I have the dyno sheets on this car if the buyer is interested. The car is in excellent shape and well cared for.

Quick Reply: Advice needed on LT1 im interested in