Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

August 12th Car Club Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default August 12th Car Club Challenge

Alright ladies and gentlemen it is time again for the "talk."

Who's going? Who is boycotting PR. The way I see it is that there is not AS much stuff going on his friday. I want to see as many vehicles out there as possible, (work permitting).

I know I know, PR sucks but we need to suck it up and make it last through the rest of the year and make changes for next year. We are atop the standings and can't let up now. So I ask...

Who is with me?
Old 08-07-2005, 07:17 AM
10 Second Club

Most likely I will not make this race. The TA is out for the season (engine is sold) and I want to make a couple changes to the GTO so it's more consistent so I'll have a better chance at making it a round or 2. I will be there for the last 2 races (dbl pts @ B-town & PR).
Old 08-07-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there, but don't know if I'll run for NW F-Body yet. We'll see Wed if I can get bugs worked out and get consistant again.
There's no racing at Bremy Wed or Fri, so what ya going do if ya wana race?
Robert
Old 08-07-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

I'm in! I'll have new Nitto's too, as it seems my current ones are now void of tread and seem to be as hard as a rock... Why don't they make slicks for us 17 inchers?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

I think I will be there, hopfully in the Camaro..
Old 08-07-2005, 02:39 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be there and running for NW F-body. Yeah, I hate PR, but I am not gonna let down the team.

As of right this moment, it looks like I will be driving the pickup again.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poik
I think I will be there, hopfully in the Camaro..
If I get my wheels in time I'll be there.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm gonna pass since I am severely traction (and driver) limited..........just too damn far to go for 2 dial ins and 1 run (to be eliminated). After I get some suspension/traction issues ironed out, I will go back, till then I am literally just spinning my wheels........and all that does is **** me off and waste tread..........I wanna go and have fun and be competitive, not hop/spin down the track and lose every first race.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

A couple of rare times while playing golf I've stepped up to the first tee and just ripped the perfect shot down the center of the fairway then turned to my partners and said am not going to hit a shot better than that I should just quit right now. Well it will probably take me years to get to the final race again so I should just quit racing now and go out on a hi note but then I miss all the fun.

I will try to make Friday night.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

can't wait to see you all there!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

At this point I don't think I can make it. This could change though.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

I should be there like always...
Old 08-07-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
A couple of rare times while playing golf I've stepped up to the first tee and just ripped the perfect shot down the center of the fairway then turned to my partners and said am not going to hit a shot better than that I should just quit right now. Well it will probably take me years to get to the final race again so I should just quit racing now and go out on a hi note but then I miss all the fun.

I will try to make Friday night.
Very well said! Your not going to have fun if you don't show up! We've gotta keep the Club Points up! I'm sure Ellis and I will be there
Old 08-07-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know if Dan & I are coming or not Just got back from a week of nothing but hot weather & cars down in reno. If we do come this might be our last year with CCCA we have alot more fun going & just racing Sportsmens.

CCCA is not what it was 5yrs ago when we started. Its all about the winning not the fun anymore.

If we dont race Sportsman or CCCA next year then I am going to finish my car & then sell it as a race car.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Very well said! Your not going to have fun if you don't show up! We've gotta keep the Club Points up! I'm sure Ellis and I will be there
I am not disputing that, and it is always fun to hang out with y'all.......but as far as racing my car currently, it is more aggrevating & frustrating with the traction problems then it is fun..........all 3 times I have raced my car it has been the same story.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the racing, but until I at least get some LCA relo brackets and do SOMETHING with my exhaust (ie; poly motor mounts & some reworking on the placement of it).............it is pointless for me as I just get more and more frustrated with each run down the track. I do NOT want to get to the point where I never want to race again due to the frustration buildup...........I am sure I will make another trip or 2 this season anyway, but I would like to try Bremerton out for ***** n giggles.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i guess i'll be there too
Old 08-07-2005, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
I dont know if Dan & I are coming or not Just got back from a week of nothing but hot weather & cars down in reno. If we do come this might be our last year with CCCA we have alot more fun going & just racing Sportsmens.

CCCA is not what it was 5yrs ago when we started. Its all about the winning not the fun anymore.

If we dont race Sportsman or CCCA next year then I am going to finish my car & then sell it as a race car.

Reno, NV?? I am from Battle Mountain. Are you talking about Hot august nights or some other even in Reno?
Old 08-07-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I am not disputing that, and it is always fun to hang out with y'all.......but as far as racing my car currently, it is more aggrevating & frustrating with the traction problems then it is fun..........all 3 times I have raced my car it has been the same story.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the racing, but until I at least get some LCA relo brackets and do SOMETHING with my exhaust (ie; poly motor mounts & some reworking on the placement of it).............it is pointless for me as I just get more and more frustrated with each run down the track. I do NOT want to get to the point where I never want to race again due to the frustration buildup...........I am sure I will make another trip or 2 this season anyway, but I would like to try Bremerton out for ***** n giggles.
I'm kind of surprised that these "problems" are a source of frustration for you Darrel. Back when I was running mid 13's with my '71 on stock 235/60-15 Les Schwab Grand Ams I never had so much fun in my life 2.4-2.6 60 fts, burning 'em off for 500 ft etc. NOT the way to win, nor the way to run quick times, but it was a hell of alot of fun tryin' to tame the monster going down the track lol ! It sounds to me like you're placing too much pressure on yourself to win, instead of just having fun driving your car. Just come out to hang out and "burn 'em off" for a 100 ft or so. JUST HAVE FUN ! Don't worry so much about winning ... just drive

Besides that we want to check out your engine compartment
Old 08-07-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by strobelite
Reno, NV?? I am from Battle Mountain. Are you talking about Hot august nights or some other even in Reno?
Yeppers we went down to HAN (Hot Aug nights) Spent the week down there Drooling over cars. Almost came back with a 67 Vert Camaro but the deal didnt go through.
I have some pics of some of the cars plus I have a vid of one of the many cruises they do down there.
heck its just a week long classic car show with cruises & everything.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
I'm kind of surprised that these "problems" are a source of frustration for you Darrel. Back when I was running mid 13's with my '71 on stock 235/60-15 Les Schwab Grand Ams I never had so much fun in my life 2.4-2.6 60 fts, burning 'em off for 500 ft etc. NOT the way to win, nor the way to run quick times, but it was a hell of alot of fun tryin' to tame the monster going down the track lol ! It sounds to me like you're placing too much pressure on yourself to win, instead of just having fun driving your car. Just come out to hang out and "burn 'em off" for a 100 ft or so. JUST HAVE FUN ! Don't worry so much about winning ... just drive

Well Put, Just have fun. Don't get me wrong I HAVE to get past first round this friday!

Quick Reply: August 12th Car Club Challenge