Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCCA August 20th, Bremerton (Long Post)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rotwiler
Ya, the runs are unlimited on fridays, but it is all in the 60 foot for me. I ran last Friday and best 60 I could get at Bremerton was a 1.96 something. Ran 3 times and couldn't break 13's. First run Saturday at Bremerton with the track prep was a 12.696, almost a 1/2 second difference and on a 1.71something 60 foot. My 3rd run was a 1.70something 60', but I had to let off due to the CCC race and still broke out. I wish they would do more to the track on Fridays, now I am getting worried my 10 bolt will bust if I have many of those launches with no prep.
Don't worry, that 10 bolt WILL break.

I know.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

Isn't your car an automatic? Won't break that easily. Can't be any weaker then my stockie and I have put it through hell
Old 08-24-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah you auto guys are pretty lucky... hell, I broke a friggin' 12 bolt with my M6! That takes talent, you know.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by strobelite
Isn't your car an automatic? Won't break that easily. Can't be any weaker then my stockie and I have put it through hell
Who you asking? If it's me, I have a M6.......
Old 08-24-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Who you asking? If it's me, I have a M6.......
Yeah Rott has a M6, but definetly would fair better w/ an A4 after watching his driving. lol
Old 08-24-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Yeah Rott has a M6, but definetly would fair better w/ an A4 after watching his driving. lol
No arguements here...........my driving is , as I have always stated.....6 or 8 trips down the track over the course of 12 months don't make for a lotta practice. Prolly doesn't help that I drive trying NOT to break anything since it is my DD and I JUST got the diff replaced......
Old 08-24-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
No arguements here...........my driving is , as I have always stated.....6 or 8 trips down the track over the course of 12 months don't make for a lotta practice. Prolly doesn't help that I drive trying NOT to break anything since it is my DD and I JUST got the diff replaced......
That's right the best times come when you drive like you're TRYING to break something.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you can do one of two things... run slower times than the car is capable of and not be at as much risk to break something, or rip that car like you stole it, risk breaking a shitload of parts, but ran that 2 or 3 tenths faster...

Gotta ask yourself... is that great looking timeslip worth $2k in drivetrain damage? Hmmm...
Old 08-24-2005, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would just like to point out the Problem with the transmission was difined years ago ...before Jake even had his car I can provide video of difining moments at both PR and Bremerton. it is a WELL known issue

Lets cover some of the other issues Here.

Jakes car has a pinging issue. Although not as bad as it was with the old short block. Then again not having the pistons and valves touching helps. Right now jakes car has a pretty much stock timing table. I had to pull alot of timing in the Drivability areas so it would not ping but at WOT It has a fair amount of timing. We Have tuned it since the new short block. I guess with crappy gas? I am not sure what is causing it as I personally have never been inside the motor to see WTF is going on. This is some thing that really need's addressed

There are other issues that could become problems fast. Jakes car should run low 12s ALL the time N/A. It is about 7-8 tenths off what it should be. I am not sure an agressive tune is going to make it faster or blow it up. It is also Jakes ONLY mode of transportation. I must admit this tends to make me shy to the safe side. He already lost one motor and I would hate to see him loose another.

I Will see what I can do about building an agressive program for you Jake. In the mean time I REALLY feel a back up car is good advice. Not just for you but ANYONE playing this game
Old 08-24-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
That's right the best times come when you drive like you're TRYING to break something.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you can do one of two things... run slower times than the car is capable of and not be at as much risk to break something, or rip that car like you stole it, risk breaking a shitload of parts, but ran that 2 or 3 tenths faster...

Gotta ask yourself... is that great looking timeslip worth $2k in drivetrain damage? Hmmm...
And the answer is NO!!!!! It isn't worth the $2-3k in damages (at this point in my life)
Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
In the mean time I REALLY feel a back up car is good advice. Not just for you but ANYONE playing this game
I agree....hence why I am trying to line up that 97.........speaking of which

https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/370545-what-fair-car-please.html
Old 08-24-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ellis, so what is the exact problem with the tranny. I am stumped.
Is it specific to Jake's car, or a year/model comp glitch and/or transmission issue.
Robert
Old 08-24-2005, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

My car has the older OBD 1 computer in it. It is a OBD 1 issue.

I agree Ellis. Anotehr daily driver would be good to have. An aggressive tune when carefully monitorered could not hurt to try. Fuel pressure gauge, Log the runs. Do WOT runs on the laptop with teh fuel pressure regulartor in hand.

Have you went back to the correct tune for that cam since the motor blew up? I cannot remember. Oh well. SOmeday we will get teh mystery figured out. Right now I am just looking at placing in this Friday's CCC!

Sorry for the confusiong
Old 08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, a second vehicle is a good idea for what we are doing with our cars. You never know for sure, breakage may be tomorrow. I have my Dodge truck, and it saved my butt when clutch install went bad, vette was out for 5-days.
OBD 1, ok, yea I don't know a whole lot about it, so I'll step outa the diagnostics.
Robert
Old 08-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by strobelite
Damn Tyler you got that thing moving. On a good cool night we should do a heads up would be a really really good race.
May get your shot friday. Tyler just turned me on to this site. When I met those guys "cobras" I was just getting ready to retire my C5 and my ChevII nova. I asked Tyler to run my car saturday to see what she would turn. I just finished pulling off Ricks blower to install on mine. I might have it on for friday..if I can schedule up some dyno time. Hope to meet some of you on Friday.

If I could bring myself to do so...I would have a bowtie on the front of my snake. Got to love the GM muscle.... For now..when I want to think of my chevs from the past...I only have to glance in the mirror..
Old 08-24-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuckyssvt
May get your shot friday. Tyler just turned me on to this site. When I met those guys "cobras" I was just getting ready to retire my C5 and my ChevII nova. I asked Tyler to run my car saturday to see what she would turn. I just finished pulling off Ricks blower to install on mine. I might have it on for friday..if I can schedule up some dyno time. Hope to meet some of you on Friday.

If I could bring myself to do so...I would have a bowtie on the front of my snake. Got to love the GM muscle.... For now..when I want to think of my chevs from the past...I only have to glance in the mirror..
Damn Chuck you got the KB, I was hoping Paul would get it. I use to be able to keep up a bit w/ yours not ne more I guess.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn modded snakes. I am heading to Pacific to find some stock cobras.
Robert
Old 08-24-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
Damn modded snakes. I am heading to Pacific to find some stock cobras.
Robert
I'm with you Rob.

Do you know if it's tru that starting mid year 2001 all C5 got the following LS6 Components:

*LS6 intake
*LS6 Oil pump (first I've heard of than, but makes sense anyways)
*LS6 block
*LS6 exhaust manifolds
*LS6 diameter MAF (except screen not removed)
*LS6 torque tube
*LS6 clutch (first I've heard of this)

I'm running a thread on the other site, and these are the components we've scraped up for now. Apparently it was due to an over production of these parts. I heard that a few F-Bodies in 02 got them too.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tru_ice
I'm with you Rob.

Do you know if it's tru that starting mid year 2001 all C5 got the following LS6 Components:

*LS6 intake
*LS6 Oil pump (first I've heard of than, but makes sense anyways)
*LS6 block
*LS6 exhaust manifolds
*LS6 diameter MAF (except screen not removed)
*LS6 torque tube
*LS6 clutch (first I've heard of this)

I'm running a thread on the other site, and these are the components we've scraped up for now. Apparently it was due to an over production of these parts. I heard that a few F-Bodies in 02 got them too.
Here's what I know, yes on intake, yes a certain amount of cars got the ls6 block, not the whole clutch but they updated the slave to Z06, f-bodys got this stuff also. The rest I ahven't heard anything about? Set a couple new back to back ETs, tonight. Will post a new thread.
Robert
Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
Here's what I know, yes on intake, yes a certain amount of cars got the ls6 block, not the whole clutch but they updated the slave to Z06, f-bodys got this stuff also. The rest I ahven't heard anything about? Set a couple new back to back ETs, tonight. Will post a new thread.
Robert
Yeah it was posted up on corvetteforum.com, all those seem to be tru.

Congrats on the new best. Your cars a monster, especially considering your mods.

Quick Reply: CCCA August 20th, Bremerton (Long Post)