Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ellis.......I need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ellis.......I need help!!

Well, my engine light has been on since 2-3 days after I put the headers on. I assume its because I deleted the air tubes. Well, my key fob has recently started to act up. On occasion when I walk up to the car and press the unlock button on my key fob, the car won't open. Nor will it lock! I have to press both the unlock and lock button together to reset the key fob and then it seems to work for a while. Well last night at around 11pm, I'm laying in bed and the car alarm goes off while the car locked up in the garage. I go to the garage to turn the alarm off and the key fob is acting up as usual. So I had to manually unlock the door and turn the car on to turn off the alarm. Then I reset the key fob by holding the unlock and lock button together. Then....................on the way to work today the car starts to bobble throught the RPM range. The car Idles fine, but as I accelerate or rev from a stop the car roughly goes up the rpm range. I can feel a serious lack of power as well! Now I don't want to drive it. I'm thinking that just maybe one of the wires has melted from the headers and now the computer isn't getting the correct readings so the air/fuel is messed up! I don't know though! I thought I zip tied them up pretty well. I can't get away from problems with this car can I.

Ellis, I need to have you tune the car anyway, so do you think you can diagnose it through the PCM and find out whats wrong? Maybe fix it? I'm also scared to drive it too......Maybe we can set something up over at turbo tech. to use there dyno while you tune it!

What do you think?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Are the o2 sensors hooked up? That could cause the hesitation issue. Now the Keyless entry, Couldnt tell ya! lol
Old 12-14-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if you put the headers on and deleted the AIR system without tuning, then that is most likely the source of your SES code(s).

As for the keyless entry, have you tried maybe replacing the battery in the key fob? Might be going dead...
Old 12-14-2005, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

The first time the key fob didn't work, I immediatley went to radio shack and put a new batery in it.

When I installed the headers, I put the 02 sensors into the headers and hooked up the extension/adapters, and the rear o2 sensors I just screwed them in and zip tied the electric end out of the way so they didn't get melted (I actually realized I forgot to ziptie them and had to do it after the plastic adapter melted. that shouldn't matter though). I bought and installed the 02 sims for the rear 02 sensors. I plan on using them until I get the computer tuned, then I'll sell them! But the x-pipe had two 02 sensor holes, so I screwed the sensors in to plug up the holes and just tied the cords out of the way!!!!!! I'm thinking that one of the wires next to the actual headers got melted and now the CPU is getting messed up readings. I hope its not that, but I have a bad feeling about it.

I'm gonna get it home after work and leave it in the garage till I can figure out what the problem is.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Well, if you put the headers on and deleted the AIR system without tuning, then that is most likely the source of your SES code(s).

As for the keyless entry, have you tried maybe replacing the battery in the key fob? Might be going dead...
but my voltage meter is reading 13.8Volts
Old 12-14-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Make sure you don't have your odd / even bank forward oxygen sensors crossed. If you do, your car will run instanely rich and cause symptoms similar to what you're describing. remember - the forward O2 wire on the passenger side of the vehicle is for the driver side header and vice versa.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by narcszm
Make sure you don't have your odd / even bank forward oxygen sensors crossed. If you do, your car will run instanely rich and cause symptoms similar to what you're describing. remember - the forward O2 wire on the passenger side of the vehicle is for the driver side header and vice versa.

What exactly are you talking about? Do you mean to make sure that the 02 sensors that go into the headers go to there respective sides? ie, dirvers side to drivers side and passanger side to passanger side? Because my buddy accidentilly hooked them up incorrectly when we put the headers on and the next day I had to get under the car and swap them.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh, and you might want to keep those rear O2 sims even after your tune... the reason is that if you just delete the rear O2 codes, it'll read as "not ready" when you go to get your emissions test, and then they'll do the sniffer. Then you're screwed.

The O2 sims throw back a random reading, so the emission testing station computer won't think anything's wrong.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Oh, and you might want to keep those rear O2 sims even after your tune... the reason is that if you just delete the rear O2 codes, it'll read as "not ready" when you go to get your emissions test, and then they'll do the sniffer. Then you're screwed.

The O2 sims throw back a random reading, so the emission testing station computer won't think anything's wrong.

Good to know....I'll keep them then! Anyone seen Ellis today?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jon.

What "M" was saying is make sure you hooked the front sensors up to the O2 sensors in the headers and not the Sims I have seen it done

I am not sure on the other issues. I have had people have major problems with that system.

I would double check all the wiring. there is so much stuff packed in that little package Look for melted wires any where
Old 12-15-2005, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Jon.

What "M" was saying is make sure you hooked the front sensors up to the O2 sensors in the headers and not the Sims I have seen it done

I am not sure on the other issues. I have had people have major problems with that system.

I would double check all the wiring. there is so much stuff packed in that little package Look for melted wires any where
Okay.........I'll get back with you after I check it over!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds good
Old 12-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Launching!

BLAME THE PROWLERS AT WHIDBEY FOR THE KEY FOB PROBLEM.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lunchbox01
BLAME THE PROWLERS AT WHIDBEY FOR THE KEY FOB PROBLEM.
Err.. OK?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Err.. OK?
I'm so ready to sell this ******* car!!!! After I get it squared away again......I'm gettin rid of it.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Sometimes, I feel that way about my Z28... I'm like. "Hmmm... if someone gave me 12k for it, I'd probably let them have it." Damn cars...
Old 12-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Err.. OK?
YOU KNOW THE PROWLER AIRPLANE, THEY JAM ALL STOCK ALARMS AND KEYLESS ENTRY ON BASE AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS AS WELL AS WHERE THEY FLY... IT WAS A JOKE CAUSE I HATE WORKING ON THEM.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Err.. OK?

Ellis, will your programmer tell you if my computer is having key fob issues and maybe a way to fix it?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:28 PM
10 Second Club

no I do not beleive it will man. I can check abs,air bags and PCM at present
Old 12-16-2005, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

no I do not beleive it will man. I can check abs,air bags and PCM at present
Does anyone have any idea what I can do about the key FOB? I guess I should go over to corvetteforum and ask there. I'm inches away from selling my car for a Cobra or something!!!

Quick Reply: Ellis.......I need help!!