Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

asr traction device

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default asr traction device

Has anyone used this?

If you’re one of the owners of a fourth-generation Camaro or Firebird equipped with traction control, you know how much of a pain it can be to forget it’s activated when you’re at the track, getting ready to make a pass or execute a burnout. You’re immediately met with a stall on the starting line or in the burn-out box when you dump the clutch in a 6-speed car, or bogging from an automatic equipped car. GM has designed your car's traction control system to activate as soon as you start the car, but sometimes it's just not necessary. SLP has come up with a new little device that actually reverses the activation of your car's TCS function, by not having the system activate until you turn the manual switch on located on your car’s dash or console. No more embarrassing or annoying moments at the track. Installation couldn’t be easier, since this device is a simple plug-in.

Part Number Item Price
63014 1997-98 TCL Module $62.99
63015 1999-02 TCL Module $62.99
Old 12-18-2005, 02:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I installed one in my car... why do you ask?
Old 12-18-2005, 03:04 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a sales pitch.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with that one Zeke

its easy to remember while doing all your precheck stuff before you go to the starting line. make sure your Climent control stuff is off make sure radio is off, push off ASR go to water box, burn out Then do your run.

My car doesnt stall with the ASR on
Old 12-18-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Looks like a cut & paste right outta some web site.

Either way, I have it (ex bought it for me) and it worked fine.........right up until recently. Now my TCS is on/off intermittently when I start the car, with no rhyme or reason, and started about the same time the really cold weather set in. Dunno if that has anything to do with it, and maybe I just need to remove and replace it after running the car w/o it for a while, but it is all weird now.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

well i ask because my car wont let me spin the tires.Itll push the throttle back when the wheels start to slip.I would really like to not have that feature.But i hear it turns itself on at startup.So i guess either get this device or have it deleted from the computer.We dont have anyone i know of that plays with fbody stuff here in out of the way whatcom county!Were a sleepy hollow up here!My trans should be done by tuesday so i can drive it with my newly built 4L60E.I can ask my trans guy if he knows how to get that turned off!Anybody else know how except the use of that device?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Veteran

I am not positive, but I do not think it can be turned off with computer programming (at least not on the LS1 cars that I know of).......I like/d mine up until it started acting weird, but like I said that could be the weather or just that I need to reset it and get the computer readjusted to having it.

As for $62 to pay for it, check some of the sponsors on this board to the right of the page and I am SURE you can find a better price. I would say go ahead and get it as I can't think of anyone who has one and doesn't like it.

Last edited by Rottluver; 12-18-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GetIn&Go
well i ask because my car wont let me spin the tires.Itll push the throttle back when the wheels start to slip.I would really like to not have that feature.But i hear it turns itself on at startup.So i guess either get this device or have it deleted from the computer.We dont have anyone i know of that plays with fbody stuff here in out of the way whatcom county!Were a sleepy hollow up here!My trans should be done by tuesday so i can drive it with my newly built 4L60E.I can ask my trans guy if he knows how to get that turned off!Anybody else know how except the use of that device?
You should be able to turn it off totally in your PCM programming as it was in the early OBD1 C4 cars. Or I wire in a circuit in the C4 Corvettes that does the very same thing. Simple circuit that pulses the circuit on start up, it basically gives it a one shot to turn it off, then if you want the ASR to work, you hit the button once. All it does it hit the button for you upon start up Mine isn't plug and play but I have installed it for a total of $75.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:14 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by GetIn&Go
Reach down and hit the TCS button to turn it off right after you start the car?
Old 12-18-2005, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
that's what I do
Old 12-18-2005, 12:37 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by rookiels1
that's what I do
That's what I did with my '99, too. I'm glad both the cars I have now don't have TCS.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what we do
Old 12-18-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Veteran

That is what I did until someone GAVE me the TCS module.......I wasn't gonna turn it down, ya know?