Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCC Opener May 6th

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCC Opener May 6th

Like I need to remind you guys, but the Car Club Challenge opener is this coming Saturday in Bremerton. Gates open at 8, time trials start at 9. Here are some of the basic rules:

You will need to have current tabs, & all the proper safety equip (a helmet & a DS loop for 13.99 & faster, a jacket for 11.99 & faster, a roll bar & 5 pt for 11.49 & faster, etc etc). If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you cannot race.

You will also need to bring an extra $5 & stop at the blue CCC tent just past tech to get your number. Most of you already have a number from last year, so it will be a renewal. For any newbies, you will need to pick a car club to race for, and then take whatever number you want (that's available). You can talk to me, Don B, RC, Ellis and a few others at the track if you have questions.

Linda & I will be leaving from the Marysville Shell station around 6:00. And we'll probably hit the Park n Ride on I-405 & 160th around 6:30 so if anyone wants to caravan....

Good luck to all, and lets go have some fun!!!

Mark

Draging Racing 101 for those that need it:
When you enter the track, you can tech in then, or go pti & come back. When it's time to race & your are called (& not until) report to the staging lanes. (you should see all of us heading up) Follow their directions about which lane to pull into & when to pull up, do your burnout (drive around the water box if you don't have racing tires) and stop before staging to wait for them to motion you forward. When he does, pull up to light the top bulb. WAIT! After your competitor lights his/her top blub, inch forward to light the 2nd bulb. At this point you need to BE READY TO RACE! Launch when the 3rd (last) amber light comes on. Enjoy the ride.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

We're leaving at WHAT time?
I'll bring my pillow and blanket. I intend to sleep all the way there!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Sweet, I will try to make this and get back in time for my friend's BBQ. Nice instructions for the beginners Mark. Hope to see you there.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

South enders, let's meet at Shari's in Federal Way (where Hwy 18 and I-5 meet) at 6:15.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Whats up with the DS loop for 13.99 and quicker? I thought it was for faster times or w/ slicks? I ran a few times there and mant times at PR w/o. Oh well, like I even have a car!

Jason
Old 05-01-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 11secproject
Whats up with the DS loop for 13.99 and quicker? I thought it was for faster times
I saw that too and was like
If I need a DS loop just to run my slow *** car then I am gonna be out of this for a while........that isn't even on my list of crap to buy yet.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Jegs has an F-body DS loop for about $50 shipped. Always been required for 13.99 and faster, or with slicks I think.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Its a slicks rule for sure but I think 11's and quicker also.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

I believe DS loop is 12.99 or with a sticky tire. And alot of the time they just ask if you have one and dont even look, just nod.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

If you read the NHRA Rule Book, it states DSLs are required to run 13.99 & faster. They may ask, and with street tires they may let you slide, but it IS a rule. Just like they might let you slide if you use factory rims & are running sticky tires in 12.99 & faster & don't have long wheels studs.

But there ARE rules, and they DON'T have to let you race if you don't meet them. I'm not trying to start fights, I'm just informing people so they don't drive all the way over to B-town & then get pissed if they can't race. Trust me, I know how expensive it is to meet the requirements. My car is good to 10.0, and it cost me a BUNCH of $ to get there!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Found it! 13.99 and quicker on slicks and 11.49 and quicker on street tires.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

Not quite correct Jason - per B-towns website

DRIVE TRAIN – DRIVELINE – Driveshaft loop required on all cars running 13.99 or quicker or any car equipped with racing slicks, drag radials or street slicks.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Interesting, I guess they mean any sticky tire as an ET street is DOT approved but its basically a slick. I totally agree with you though on the be prepared. It sucks to go all the way out there to not race!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Poik
Jegs has an F-body DS loop for about $50 shipped. Always been required for 13.99 and faster, or with slicks I think.
I have never had one and so far have always run faster then 13.99.
Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
If you read the NHRA Rule Book, it states DSLs are required to run 13.99 & faster. They may ask, and with street tires they may let you slide, but it IS a rule. Just like they might let you slide if you use factory rims & are running sticky tires in 12.99 & faster & don't have long wheels studs.

But there ARE rules, and they DON'T have to let you race if you don't meet them. I'm not trying to start fights, I'm just informing people so they don't drive all the way over to B-town & then get pissed if they can't race. Trust me, I know how expensive it is to meet the requirements. My car is good to 10.0, and it cost me a BUNCH of $ to get there!
I don't think you are trying to start any fights Mark, it is VERY good to be informed and know the rules....."could be" that B-Town has extra rules on top of NHRA.....or if those are the NHRA rules, as some of you have said, they may or may not enforce them depending on your car/whoever is inspecting it at that particular time............guess I need to add yet another item to my "To Buy" list.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I don't think you are trying to start any fights Mark, it is VERY good to be informed and know the rules....."could be" that B-Town has extra rules on top of NHRA.....or if those are the NHRA rules, as some of you have said, they may or may not enforce them depending on your car/whoever is inspecting it at that particular time............guess I need to add yet another item to my "To Buy" list.
No hes trying to fight!! Lets go bitch!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Wahoo!! I get to race this weekend!!

After helping and watching at Pacific all last weekend I can't wait to run my car.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VIKING
We're leaving at WHAT time?
I'll bring my pillow and blanket. I intend to sleep all the way there!
Just put your head on his lap, that's where it should be anyway!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It IS always best to be prepared for the worst, but I've never been checked for DSL, longer studs, or a jacket and have run a best of 11.94 ? They DO occasionally check my rear mounted battery installation however
Old 05-01-2006, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

They have asked me about a DSL 3 times, but never looked, not even now. They almost flunked me for stock studs even tho I run factory wheels & lug nuts...I now have the long studs. And I have a whole list of SFI P/Ns for them to look over, they never have. All they check to see is if the helmet is Snell 95 or better. The point is they can. And we CCC officials are supposed to look too. And you know WE know....
Old 05-01-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Sure enough, Bremerton has an "in addition to NHRA rules" section that states any car running 13.99 or quicker or any car running on racing slicks, drag radials, or street slicks. I should have known not to 2nd guess the Markster.

Quick Reply: CCC Opener May 6th