Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

It Starts....

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It Starts....

It seems that my brother may have been correct when he told me that I will have TONS of ricers want to race me this summer, because of the Fast and the Furious 3 coming out.

So yesterday at work, one of the new kids tells me that he is building a F&F car. I was like, oh man here it comes, but also trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. He tells me that he has this honda civic, that he bought suped up from this kid, and it runs 12s. Supposedley it has an intake, headers, b16 motor, and a ported throttle body. (Major emphasis on the throttle body part.) Then he says that he is goint to "strap a turbo on this bad boy so it will run 10.3"

Come to find out he bought this car for $500 after it had been sitting for over a year, had grass and weeds taller than the windows all around it and 4" of standing water inside.

(Trying not to laugh out loud) I tell him that when he gets it all complete to let me know so we can line our cars up to see what happens.

I am not saying that all ricers are slow, however the general mentality seems to be a little and down right hilarious!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I will be ready soon

For the rest of us though this means the cops will be pulling us over for looking fast!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Nah, they are on a total motorcycle emphasis, 73 people have died on motorcycles this year so they feel the need to protect us
Old 05-27-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that guy can barely do hi 12's after strapping a turbo and putting drag radials... There is no way he can make 12's right now... oh btw after putting turbo and slicks he will break almost every part in that car
Old 05-27-2006, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

ANOTHER 10 sec Honda?! OMG, I need to sell my piece of crap & get me a civic....think he'd trade me straight up? Be afarid Ryan, be VERY AFRAID!

But you are right, they seem to be everywhere this year. I must have had 1/2 doz Talons & Civics dump their blow-off valves at me already this year. If they only knew....
Old 05-27-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I'm pretty sure he won't be running 10.3s, he'd have to be trapping like 140+ hahaha
Old 05-27-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
ANOTHER 10 sec Honda?! OMG, I need to sell my piece of crap & get me a civic....think he'd trade me straight up? Be afarid Ryan, be VERY AFRAID!

But you are right, they seem to be everywhere this year. I must have had 1/2 doz Talons & Civics dump their blow-off valves at me already this year. If they only knew....
No kidding, My only dilema this year will be deciding if the gas money will be worth the races.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Poik

Yeah I'm pretty sure he won't be running 10.3s, he'd have to be trapping like 140+ hahaha
Maybe 10.3 in the 8th!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Veteran

That movie was in the can two years ago, I'm wondering if they waited to release it until they sold more cars so those idiots would drop $$,$$$ to out-run the movie.

Its bad enough anywhere you go now and since we are california's red-headed step child you *know* it will only be a matter of months before they start taking our cars away for looking like they could go fast

Maybe its a good thing the Z28 isn't runnin...