Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Good thing we don't live in Cali.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good thing we don't live in Cali.

Check out this article. I can see the idea of wanting to eliminate street racing. But the rest of this **** is just total harassment. There are much better things to spend tax dollars on. Not to mention the fact that the cops should be dealing with more serious problems.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99LSS1
Check out this article. I can see the idea of wanting to eliminate street racing. But the rest of this **** is just total harassment. There are much better things to spend tax dollars on. Not to mention the fact that the cops should be dealing with more serious problems.

uh, what article?

Old 06-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Launching!

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/576.asp

he races (well) sorry honey
but is't so good at the cumputer
Old 06-17-2006, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is such a bullshit waste of US taxpayers money to generate revenue for the localities in Cali.

That borders on harrassment and profiling.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Addict

Ok, I can understand why they would want to do this but if the car is not breaking the law and passes emissions, then what is the big deal with the car/driver? That is just plain dumb. So let me get this straight. They can impound your car, auction it off, then impound it again from the guy that just bought it (il)legally, only to re-auction it off. I am sure this is not what they do but it certainly opens the door for it (and many other things). People are giving the government too much control. Before long they won't need to announce themselves with a warrent before they storm your house ... oh wait the US Supreme Court just did that.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Under Drag-Net, San Diego officers come to train other departments how to look out for what they believe to be tell-tale signs of illegal modification such as window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers. Police say this gives them probable cause to stop and inspect a vehicle and its engine compartment.
Considering the truck is a Toyota, anyone got a bunch of stickers from ordered parts I can plaster the truck with?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:22 AM
10 Second Club

That is BULLSHIT!!! If they do this up here, the cop that tries to impound my car will NEED to call for back-up! Nuff said....
Old 06-17-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
That is BULLSHIT!!! If they do this up here, the cop that tries to impound my car will NEED to call for back-up! Nuff said....
Hell, I will be there at your back to save YOUR car Mark.

Although, when I was still in L.A. (hell) they had instituted a program where the City could impound and destroy vehicles found to be used in drag racing or certain other forms of racing behavior........the first casulty, on the 6'o clock news no less, was a white hardtop IROC..........dropped it in the crusher so "a buddy of the street racer it was confiscated from could not buy it back". Now granted I saw the video they took of that street race (over 200 people and this IROC WAS most definitely racing) but DAMN............and of course, 2-3 weeks later, some dickwad in a 4th Gen slammed it into a tree about 3-4 blocks from my house, killing 2-3 of the car's occupants while street racing on a windy road where he lost control due to excessive speed. He was all of 17 and on his way to some sort of HS graduation or ceremony for the football team or something similar.

Quick Reply: Good thing we don't live in Cali.