Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

An open letter to the Ford Drag Team

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 01:01 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs down An open letter to the Ford Drag Team

I'm not sure who your team captain is, so I thought I would address this message to all of you so that you might educate yourselves.

[Rant FULL ON TURNED TO 11]

For the love of God, will you PLEASE teach your members not to speed and drive recklessly on the road going in and out of Bremerton Raceway?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm not even sure I can make that font big enough to stress just how imporant that is. The people who run the race track have pleaded with us for years to obey the posted speed limits on the roads religiously... because all it takes is a complaint from the people who live on the roads leading into the track for the city to come down on the people who operate it and put the future of the track in jeopardy.

Here's the scenario I experienced this evening.... I'm leaving the track after a very long, trying day... I'm driving the post 30 mph speed limit on the exit road from the track... and up behind me come two Mustangs... A white Mustang (I think it might have even been Tyler), and a silver Cobra with out-of-state plates on it. Both cars passed me in a no passing zone going in excess of 50 mph at full throttle on that road, and as they sped off I could hear them continuing their extreme jackassery on the road towards the freeway.

And to whoever was driving those cars...

You ******* idiots!! I dunno who wired your head to your *** for that moment of moronic glee, but I swear to ******* God if those actions were to cause any dark cloud to fall on the future of Bremerton Raceway, I will personally come to your house and beat you with a ******* tire iron. Pull your ******* heads out of your asses, and at least wait until you get to the damn highway before you start engaging in asshattery.

Well all love our cars, and love that they are fast, and I dunno about anyone else, but I love to floor it just as much as the next guy... but there's a time and place for everything, and that road is definitely not the place, no matter what the time.

[Rant off]

Last edited by DrEvyl; 06-18-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please, feel free to tell us how you really feel.

BTW, congratz on your new best!
Old 06-18-2006, 01:37 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Hey, that's the mild version, man.. That crap is some pretty serious business, and it's a good way to get yourself banned from Bremerton forever. I really do not want to see anything happen to the track, and it only takes one jackass to screw it up for the rest of us who are respectful to the surrounding community.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

Yikes, perfect end to a perfect day...
Old 06-18-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That was me, I apologize. However, I can't speak for the actions of the Cobra behind me.

I do believe I was in a passing zone, and the car I was in was so painfully slow I figured it'd be worth a laugh.

Apparently not. If you want to throw down about this, better bring your a game.

Do NOT involve the team, or other members this is between you and me. And to come on here acting all tough ...

Lovely.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did not get to go today BUT I have seen this also this year

ZEKE IS correct! Pull your damn head out of your ***!
Old 06-18-2006, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If I knew this was such an issue, it would have certainly not have happened. But on a desolate piece of road (spanned between) like that ... as soon as I passed Zeke it was over.

Again, I can't speak for the actions of the other car. The one I was in would be pretty tough to drive "jackassery" and certainly too quiet to be heard even if it was possible.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

It's been an issue for years at B-Town, as I recall the first time I went there I was told by several people "Do not speed on that road. The cops love it sit there, and the people that live on that road love to complain"
Old 06-18-2006, 02:12 AM
10 Second Club

It is the actions. They put the whole track in jepordy(sp). It is a long standing rule NOT to F around near the track's...Period.

It is a big deal. Look at all the crap that has gone down in the last few years with street racers. We ARE tring to prove what WE do is not what they think it is. Actions like this just re-enforce the worst of what everyone already thinks about racing. Then you see them move forward to not build tracks and close down the ones we already have.

This is why you see so many Stupid law being passed. They see this and think it is the best thing to do and we all pay in the end......
Old 06-18-2006, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What I'm getting at is the actions taken (or lack of better judgement) were those of my own, and not of any team nor do they reflect the type of driving condoned by a team.

I feel the approach to this topic was incorrect and could have been handled properly with direct contact, and an open letter outlining the consequences of opening up a vehicle beyond the extents of Bremerton.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:25 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
If I knew this was such an issue, it would have certainly not have happened. But on a desolate piece of road (spanned between) like that ... as soon as I passed Zeke it was over.

Again, I can't speak for the actions of the other car. The one I was in would be pretty tough to drive "jackassery" and certainly too quiet to be heard even if it was possible.
Any car can break the speed limit.... and I got passed in a no passing zone. If you were the in the white car, you were the one in front, the silver car just followed your lead. The blower whine and exhaust of that car were loud enough I could hear you guys from quite a distance away.

That's REALLY bad, man... it's a HUGE deal. That track could get shut down over something like that.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:27 AM
teh PuRpL3z

What I'm getting at is the actions taken (or lack of better judgement) were those of my own, and not of any team nor do they reflect the type of driving condoned by a team.

I feel the approach to this topic was incorrect and could have been handled properly with direct contact, and an open letter outlining the consequences of opening up a vehicle beyond the extents of Bremerton.
I think it's important that anyone who DOESN'T already know this is a major thing should see just what a major thing it is.

Sorry, man. This is something EVERYONE needs to know, and something we all need to follow if we like racing at Bremerton.

I didn't know whose cars they were, I just knew they were Ford Drag Team cars.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:38 AM
10 Second Club

The problem here is yes you took the action but by being on that team and doing what you did it rolls back on the team. Stuff like this and other event do roll back to the people you run with. Your Team could be held responsible if the track wanted to.

Taylor do not take this as an attack. it is done and over with. It is like saying some thing completely out of line at the wrong to to some one. Once it is done there is no taking it back. Some of us learned the hard way and do not want to be forced to learn it again at the hand of some one else

Quick Reply: An open letter to the Ford Drag Team