Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

WA Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WA Drivers

I know it does not pretain to people on here so much but please tell your freinds and family that the left lane on the freeway is for PASSING. 99% of the traffic problems are self inflicked by the (non) drivers just being their obliviouse selves. The amount of STUPID out here on this coast is just staggering.

How do you know your driving on the west coast?
- there are 2 slow lanes, the outside ones.
- Instead of a DMV you go to the grocery store and buy a box of crackerjacks to see if you get a drivers licence
- MORE TO COME
Old 08-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

get used to it. try driving to downtown seattle every day.

i see stupid people every day.

Last edited by Rokko; 08-27-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been here since 95, everyone who lives here blames it on everyone from out of state. No offense to the Washingtonites, but you are full of ****. Seems to me 90% of the rest of the country has no problem with that concept. Drivers are the only thing I hate about Washington, well that and inconsiderate people.

My wife and her family all do it and they were born and raised in Washington. My wife has stopped, she never realized she was an offender until I kept mentioning it. She learned from her driving instructor.

Ok done bitching.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

i've been here all my life and everybody i know knows that the left lane is the fast lane. but there are dumbassed people here, no doubt about that.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
get used to it. try driving to downtown seattle every day.

i see stupid people every day.
you can't count the person in your mirror.

J/K. It was too easy, but I couldn't resist.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol Normally when I am in the far left lanes I am passing or speeding lol
Old 08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 00Vette
you can't count the person in your mirror.

J/K. It was too easy, but I couldn't resist.
kinda figured somebody would jump all over that one.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=aja342]I know it does not pretain to people on here so much but please tell your freinds and family that the left lane on the freeway is for PASSING. 99% of the traffic problems are self inflicked by the (non) drivers just being their obliviouse selves. The amount of STUPID out here on this coast is just staggering.

I've lived in Washington all my life, the LEFT lanes are the self appointed SLOW lanes. The RIGHT lanes and shoulder are for passing ONLY.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What gets me is the people that do the speed limit(or less) in the HOV lane. Ok, Busses I can understand, they have priority and are electronically limited. It's the cars that think just cause they have 2 people in them they can get in the lane and drive slower than the rest of traffic.

I'm curious, when you are in the "fast" lane, how fast do you usually cruise? Personally, I set the cruise at 9mph over the posted limit (99.9% of the time you won't be bothered by cops unless you pass that magic 10+ over) and get over as far left as I need to maintain that speed. I then get back over to the right as traffic clears.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Word, I don't cruise the Left lane. Although I could. I am 99% of the time going faster than anyone else. When I have to pass with Harvy the RV, you know there is a problem, If you are going 50 in a 60 on major highway...GET THE F*CK OFF and use the side roads.
Oh man I am getting all spun up!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about driving in the fast lane while jibber jabbin on the phone doing 55. I see alot of Hondas in the fast lane doing 55, maybe thats fast to them..
Old 08-27-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wws699
How about driving in the fast lane while jibber jabbin on the phone doing 55. I see alot of Hondas in the fast lane doing 55, maybe thats fast to them..
Oh man............that pisses me off something fierce!
Old 08-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Crisisman
What gets me is the people that do the speed limit(or less) in the HOV lane. Ok, Busses I can understand, they have priority and are electronically limited. It's the cars that think just cause they have 2 people in them they can get in the lane and drive slower than the rest of traffic.

I'm curious, when you are in the "fast" lane, how fast do you usually cruise? Personally, I set the cruise at 9mph over the posted limit (99.9% of the time you won't be bothered by cops unless you pass that magic 10+ over) and get over as far left as I need to maintain that speed. I then get back over to the right as traffic clears.
When I'm in the fast lane im on your ***, no matter what the speed, I'm there to haul the mail and I rarely find somebody that's going faster than I am willing to go. 80+ usually.

The carpool lane is my passing lane.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Oh man............that pisses me off something fierce!
**** that, soccer mom's in mini vans or some dumb bitch putting on her makeup. I try to get in front of her and give her a brake check, she end's up looking like "The Joker" after a hard stop while putting on her face.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:43 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokko
**** that, soccer mom's in mini vans or some dumb bitch putting on her makeup. I try to get in front of her and give her a brake check, she end's up looking like "The Joker" after a hard stop while putting on her face.
Dude, I almost just spit Coke all over my monitor when I read that...

Last edited by DrEvyl; 08-27-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

You guys crack me up!

People need to stay off their cell phones when driving..period! Ellis...

I hate when people are Slug Racing, as I call it. When they are all going the same speed (slow) in all lanes, blocking up everything. That just drives me insane! Pokey, Pokey, Pokey...as in slow-pokey

I also hate when someone is going slow, so I pass them. Then I guess they realize it's a girl and they don't want a girl to pass them, so they speed up and try to get back in front of me... of course I don't let them pass me again, But it happens to me ALL the time. Stupid People Suck!

Oh and I've noticed that Volvo's and Suburu's are the worst at the slug racing.

And if the Semi's would stay in the slow lane where they belong, then the slower people would tend to stay out of the fast lane...hopefully anyway

and I was born and raised here in Washington...

Ok, My rant is over...Next....
Old 08-27-2006, 11:55 PM

I must of given 30 people heart attacks today...I will personaly tell every: 40ish ***** wannabe know it all in a minivan, 90 year old asian woman who cann't see over the wheel, drunk redneck driving a truck that should not be on the road letalone on the interstate, and lil teenybopper in a 90hp civic exactly what the left lane is for.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:57 PM
teh PuRpL3z

You should see how the semis are in Arizona... those bastards will pull a lane change RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU just to putt by another truck at like .0001 mph faster than them. I dunno how many times I had to jam the brakes because of one of them on the road between Albuquerque and Vegas.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:58 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by aja342
I must of given 30 people heart attacks today...I will personaly tell every: 40ish ***** wannabe know it all in a minivan, 90 year old asian woman who cann't see over the wheel, drunk redneck driving a truck that should not be on the road letalone on the interstate, and lil teenybopper in a 90hp civic exactly what the left lane is for.
I pull in front of them... slow down to their speed... and when I pass the "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS" sign.. I hit the brakes and point at the sign... then floor it.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
You should see how the semis are in Arizona... those bastards will pull a lane change RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU just to putt by another truck at like .0001 mph faster than them. I dunno how many times I had to jam the brakes because of one of them on the road between Albuquerque and Vegas.
Oh boy, something for me to look forward to...I'll be going through there next month...

Quick Reply: WA Drivers