Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anyone from the Seattle area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Default Anyone from the Seattle area?

This is a little off topic and all but I will be driving up to your area from Denver next week in my SS for a little vacation and was just curious to what sides of the city I should advoid being that I have never visited the area before? It looks as if I might be staying in Bellevue or Renton and Im just curious if these are good towns or places that we should advoid? Also not sure if anything is going on locally car wise or not next weekened but im always down to meet up with people in the afternoons if something is going down so post up and lemme know in advance. Thanks!!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Bellevue is a much, much better town than Renton.

I'm not sure about what will be happening around here as I'll be crossing paths with you on my way to Oklahoma I'm leaving on Monday morning... I'm sure some of our other members here will fill you in on the happenings around town though
Old 09-04-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Bellevue is a much, much better town than Renton.
agreed... but then again, I'm biased
Old 09-04-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

You'll enjoy your time here.......just try to avoid driving between 7:00am-9:00am and 4:00pm-6:00pm. The traffic here gets really bad.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

What days are you going to be here? I have Thursday and Sunday off and would not mind playing tour guide. Bellevue is like Aspen without the snow skiing ... and richer. Renton is not really a bad city but is trying to improve its image. And as far as traffic goes, it's the worst between 12:00am to 11:59pm.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
And as far as traffic goes, it's the worst between 12:00am to 11:59pm.
This isn't traffic. It is irritating at best. When I can get on the freeway and get 25 miles in under 30 minutes, that is not traffic.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Howdy,......If your hear on saturday cruzzz out to Issaquah after 15:00hrs and check out the XXX rootbeer stand It is'nt what you'd call health food but always a bunch car guys hanging around. Issaquah is just one of the burbs 5 mi. east of bellevue!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
This isn't traffic. It is irritating at best. When I can get on the freeway and get 25 miles in under 30 minutes, that is not traffic.
oh hush up cali transplant! you don't ever drive your dirty bird in rush hour anyways.

our traffic sucks! 6-9am and 3-7pm are the worst, for I-5.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool

Originally Posted by vetred
Howdy,......If your hear on saturday cruzzz out to Issaquah after 15:00hrs and check out the XXX rootbeer stand It is'nt what you'd call health food but always a bunch car guys hanging around. Issaquah is just one of the burbs 5 mi. east of bellevue!
very cool place--- -been there half a dozen times...last month they had a 55,56,57 chevy show----not enough room even on the surrounding streets to hold all the cars.....Great place---HUGE BURGERS. ****GO TO: XXX ROOTBEER.....its the second one down...lots of links to it there...pics also.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by vetred
were you there for the 567 club show????
Old 09-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Thanks for all the replies and tips on getting around the city. I should be up there sometime Saturday early evening and to be honest I cant wait as mentioned before i have never been to the Pac. Norwest however everything I have heard and seen leads me to believe this should be a great trip. Howeird42, I might just take you up on that offer on Sunday its looks as of now I believe we are going to take a lake cruise of Seattle on that Argosy cruises around 1pm that day so maybe sometime after that I could give you a call if you wanna shoot me an email at SSucese@qwest.net with your info. Also how long of a drive is it to Vancouver BC. from Seattle? I figure since Im right there and have never been to Canada before I might as well take the extra drive north of the border. The only other thing I just found out today which kinda sucks is we were planning on taking a day cruise to the San Juan Islands but I guess they are all booked up thru Clipper Vacations because they are only offering this now on weekends so thats what lead us to taking the Seattle lakes cruise instead One more thing I should mention as well is with me taking my SS up there somebody has to tell me a great spot of where I can take my car and get some great photos of the downtown/spaceneedle area in the background Seattle has one of the best downtown skylines and I wanna make sure while Im up there I get a great shot of my car
Old 09-05-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSucese
Thanks for all the replies and tips on getting around the city. I should be up there sometime Saturday early evening and to be honest I cant wait as mentioned before i have never been to the Pac. Norwest however everything I have heard and seen leads me to believe this should be a great trip. Howeird42, I might just take you up on that offer on Sunday its looks as of now I believe we are going to take a lake cruise of Seattle on that Argosy cruises around 1pm that day so maybe sometime after that I could give you a call if you wanna shoot me an email at SSucese@qwest.net with your info. Also how long of a drive is it to Vancouver BC. from Seattle? I figure since Im right there and have never been to Canada before I might as well take the extra drive north of the border. The only other thing I just found out today which kinda sucks is we were planning on taking a day cruise to the San Juan Islands but I guess they are all booked up thru Clipper Vacations because they are only offering this now on weekends so thats what lead us to taking the Seattle lakes cruise instead One more thing I should mention as well is with me taking my SS up there somebody has to tell me a great spot of where I can take my car and get some great photos of the downtown/spaceneedle area in the background Seattle has one of the best downtown skylines and I wanna make sure while Im up there I get a great shot of my car

The drive to Canada is gordeous and would be great with your T tops off.

The drive is about 3 hours or so to the border, I'm not sure how far it is to Vancouver from the border though.

Anyone else???
Old 09-05-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

As for skylines, there is a park off of California Ave. in West Seattle that I would recommend as well as an outlook on Queen Anne hill. I usually take pictures there once a year myself. Argosy has some great cruises around Seattle and you will have a blast on any of them, San Juans or Lake Washington.

Sunday might be tough because it is the Seahawks regular season opener. The game should be over by a little after 1 though. After that I will be free. I will send you an email or pm in a little while.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Its on and off but you may need your passport and drivers license to get into and out of Canada.
It just depends on who has PMS at border checkpoints that day
Old 09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Its on and off but you may need your passport and drivers license to get into and out of Canada.
It just depends on who has PMS at border checkpoints that day
From what I understand and been told I dont think passports are required until 2007 when the law changes but i think for now all you need is a drivers license and a birth certificate.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

From what I understand and been told I dont think passports are required until 2007 when the law changes but i think for now all you need is a drivers license and a birth certificate.
That's true, they asked for a passport or birth certificate along with a drivers license or photo ID of some kind when I went up to Ashcroft in April.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
oh hush up cali transplant! you don't ever drive your dirty bird in rush hour anyways.

our traffic sucks! 6-9am and 3-7pm are the worst, for I-5.
I am just saying, this ain't traffic.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

email sent.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I am just saying, this ain't traffic.

Yeah, it's not traffic.... IT'S A PARKING LOT
Old 09-07-2006, 04:04 AM
On The Tree

snoqualmie falls is a cool site to see to while here... 275 ft waterfall, kinda touristy, (big parking area across the street, paved trails, and a gift shop/ espresso stand at the top) although it's not going gangbusters right now like it does in the rainy season & spring melt, it's still cool. i can post directions if you want...

I can post directions to a few other waterfalls too if you want to go for a hike & see some nature.

Also..... the salmon are running up the rivers to spawn, the best place to see them is the Ballard Locks... there's manmade fish ladder with glass so you can watch them...

A good place to watch Puget Sound: Alki point, the waterfront of West Seattle.(it's just down the hill from the lookout mentioned above) while there, visit The Spud for some fish & chips (one of the best places for fried fish around, IMO)

Last edited by AndreS; 09-07-2006 at 04:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone from the Seattle area?