Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bout Damn Time

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bout Damn Time

One thing good can be said about election time, politicians FINALLY get off their asses & do something. (cuz they are sacred of losing their Country Club Memebership)

Gas prices are falling to almost acceptable levels. < $2 is the right price IMO.

The Wall is going up on the US / Mexico border. (hey, we gotta do something)

And there may be a revised plan for Iraq. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my son dying over there. In Afghanistan hunting Osama, yes.

And there is one thing that really bothers me about the Republicans. Remember how they were ALL up in arms demading Clinton be impeached for getting a BJ in the Oval Office? But it appears that many of them also went to GREAT lengths to cover up / protect the idiot in Florida that likes young boys. And these are the guys that got elected for their Morals?

OK, go ahead & ban me for the political post....
Old 10-26-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL I tend to agree
Old 10-26-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

I concur with all but one thing. I remind you that Clinton was not going to be impeached for receiving a BJ, but for lying under oath. I do also find it amusing though. It shows that moral corruption is everywhere in our country. Even those we like to think as being beyond corruption are absolutely corrupt. Yet we keep sending them back for 4/6 more years.

The only reason why Bush is changing his mind now on Iraq is because he won't be in office for another term and WHOEVER gets elected is going to be bringing the troops home, or be committing political suicide. He has to make some kind of short term escape strategy. So now at the end Bush is trying to save a disasterous two terms in office.

This post in no wise suggests I don't support oral sex or our troops in foreign countries.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

Did you say oral sex ON our troops?

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 10-26-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

I knew that was coming and I almost augmented it.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait until all the annoying political flyers stop coming in the mail, and the people asking me to not vote for Dave Reichert stop calling me. I told one of those idiots... "I'm going to vote FOR Dave Reichert, not because I know a damn thing about his politics one way or another, but because his people don't call me and harrass me every other freakin' night at dinner time!" and then promptly hung up.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

I hate election time....Over here in Bremerton there are a **** ton of those little stake signs next to the road. They'll just leave them when they lose. Being more of a swing center voter I don't trust "Any" polititcian. Had this been 8 years ago we would be pist about the Dems...But don't worry, in 2-4 years will be pist again... Maybe it's time for a new party....Say based on Horse Power and Quarter times ....At least you can't fudge those No kids were harmed in this add....Crazy *** bastards....

Last edited by jimbob; 10-26-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jimbob
I hate election time....Over here in Bremerton there are a **** ton of those little stake signs next to the road. They'll just leave them when they lose. Being more of a swing center voter I don't trust "Any" polititcian. Had this been 8 years ago we would be pist about the Dems...But don't worry, in 2-4 years will be pist again... Maybe it's time for a new party....Say based on Horse Power and Quarter times ....At least you can't fudge those No kids were harmed in this add....Crazy *** bastards....
I totally agree..no matter what happens someone is always going to be pissed..
Old 10-26-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with jimbob on this one. If you're looking for integrity, morality, or just plain good sense then I wouldn't be looking at ANY politicians. Both parties are 95% self serving and the other 5% goes towards actually doing something worthwhile IMO.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Agreed, the last known honest politician was Steve Largent, and he quit in disgust over the corruption in DC. And then there are wanna-be's like Rush that give the human race a bad name. I don't care what party you like, he's living proof we need a hefty dose of chlorine in the gene pool.

Ooops, gotta run, my phone is ringing.....Barak Obama? Why the Hell are you calling me?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

I support the decision for "oral sex for troops"!

Old 10-29-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by howierd42
I concur with all but one thing. I remind you that Clinton was not going to be impeached for receiving a BJ, but for lying under oath. I do also find it amusing though. It shows that moral corruption is everywhere in our country. Even those we like to think as being beyond corruption are absolutely corrupt. Yet we keep sending them back for 4/6 more years.

The only reason why Bush is changing his mind now on Iraq is because he won't be in office for another term and WHOEVER gets elected is going to be bringing the troops home, or be committing political suicide. He has to make some kind of short term escape strategy. So now at the end Bush is trying to save a disasterous two terms in office.

This post in no wise suggests I don't support oral sex or our troops in foreign countries.
Impeach a politician for lying under oath??? Now that is a dangerous precedent. Besides, as Lincoln said, "It wasn't a lie, it was a deliberate obfuscation".

Last edited by esoteric; 10-30-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

And what was the lie about? Having an affair. What married man wouldn't lie about that? Moreover, what business was it of Congress whether he did? Sex between consenting adults was legal last time I checked.

Now the latest scoff about the guy having sex with young boys, and then his higher-ups doing nothing &/or covering up for him, THAT my friends is against the law....ALL of it.

I just hope that McGavik guys loses. He is what is wrong with this country! Lays off 1700 people, cuts bennies, & then takes a $4M bonus. Tell me how that was good for his company? Not the guy I want in DC looking out for me!!!

But enough about politics, how bout them Hawks.....I need more Mikes.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Mike for Prez!!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am just going to write myself in for anything I am eligible for. I won't lie to you.
I will tell you right up front that I am going to screw you.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Banned

I wouldnt' read too much into the border fence. Although funds have been appropriated, that doesnt mean they'll go to the fence. Under the bill the money can also be used for public roads and education expenses and of the 670 million or so allotted only 60 million is going to be used initially for a small stretch between CA and Mexico. They want to see how it does.

As for the oil prices, it's just a ploy by OPEC to discourage alternative fuel sources. You can read it here...http://www.e85fuel.com/news/102306_opec_release.htm

Nate

Quick Reply: Bout Damn Time