Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Here Chebby Chebby

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
How is putting a full on RELIABLE race engine that makes 505 hp out of the box, bone stock, into a Mustang the same as putting a smaller, less powerful (260 hp modular ford motor) into an F-Body???? Especially considering that even the LT1 made more hp then that (275 hp) STOCK! (Not too mention the major increase in torque between the 4.6 and the LT1 or LSx motors). Why would you want to swap in a less powerful motor??? The whole point of a swap is usually to either be very unique or to get a faster, better engine. Read up in the Conversions/Hybrids section on this site....TONS of mustangs swapping in LSx motors. Heck, just on the first page there were a minimum of 4 threads about LSx swaps into mudstains.

Contrary to your "retarded" comment, some people prefer a specific body style and/or brand (Ford, Chevy, Mopar, etc) and find that they can't locate a suitable upgrade engine for their car from that manufacturer.......so they go with the best available motor and make modifications to make it work.
Lots of die-hard Ford, GM, Mopar fans who would NEVER drive anything else....and would rather be dead then drive the competition. So they wise-up and swap in the best available and most reliable motor they can get. In the case of a Mustang, that would be an LSx motor.

Now personally, if I had a Mustang and wanted a serious engine swap, I would look into either the 03-04 Mach 1 4.6 and supercharge it or try to get the 03-04 Cobra motor (and trans) along with all the other fun mods that go along with that......but that is just because I think it would be easier to use ford with ford........but other people prefer a challenge, like to be different, etc.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

How is putting a full on RELIABLE race engine that makes 505 hp out of the box, bone stock, into a Mustang the same as putting a smaller, less powerful (260 hp modular ford motor) into an F-Body???? Especially considering that even the LT1 made more hp then that (275 hp) STOCK! (Not too mention the major increase in torque between the 4.6 and the LT1 or LSx motors). Why would you want to swap in a less powerful motor??? The whole point of a swap is usually to either be very unique or to get a faster, better engine. Read up in the Conversions/Hybrids section on this site....TONS of mustangs swapping in LSx motors. Heck, just on the first page there were a minimum of 4 threads about LSx swaps into mudstains.

Contrary to your "retarded" comment, some people prefer a specific body style and/or brand (Ford, Chevy, Mopar, etc) and find that they can't locate a suitable upgrade engine for their car from that manufacturer.......so they go with the best available motor and make modifications to make it work.
Lots of die-hard Ford, GM, Mopar fans who would NEVER drive anything else....and would rather be dead then drive the competition. So they wise-up and swap in the best available and most reliable motor they can get. In the case of a Mustang, that would be an LSx motor.

Now personally, if I had a Mustang and wanted a serious engine swap, I would look into either the 03-04 Mach 1 4.6 and supercharge it or try to get the 03-04 Cobra motor (and trans) along with all the other fun mods that go along with that......but that is just because I think it would be easier to use ford with ford........but other people prefer a challenge, like to be different, etc.

I guess seeing so many very fast, very reliable fox bodies without chevy motors makes me think this. And you decided the comparable Ford motor to the LS7 is the 2V 4.6? Thats like me saying " why wouldnt you put that Ford GT motor into that F-body instead of that LT1 that 03 Cobra. I mean come on.
Fox body mustangs were running 6s over 10 years ago without putting one of the Generals finest in them. To think people feel the need to do that because its so difficult to do any other way IS "retarded". I understand people do things to be different. I guess I just dont see why somebody would do something the harder more expensive way and end up with so little in return.
And as far as the Ford reliabilty at the track last year goes, they were all aftermarket part failures except for one, and that particular situation he knew it was coming and raced anyway.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by turbo50
I guess seeing so many very fast, very reliable fox bodies without chevy motors makes me think this. And you decided the comparable Ford motor to the LS7 is the 2V 4.6? Thats like me saying " why wouldnt you put that Ford GT motor into that F-body instead of that LT1 that 03 Cobra. I mean come on.
Fox body mustangs were running 6s over 10 years ago without putting one of the Generals finest in them. To think people feel the need to do that because its so difficult to do any other way IS "retarded". I understand people do things to be different. I guess I just dont see why somebody would do something the harder more expensive way and end up with so little in return.
And as far as the Ford reliabilty at the track last year goes, they were all aftermarket part failures except for one, and that particular situation he knew it was coming and raced anyway.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ford guys. You know why they are stuffing LSx motors in Fox body's?

They run nines and tens all day long with nothing more then a cam headers and tune. BAMG for the buck baby! $2,000 E-bay engine and $500 car $1,000 in mods and you are a race star!
Old 01-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv

They run nines and tens all day long with nothing more then a cam headers and tune. BAMG for the buck baby! $2,000 E-bay engine and $500 car $1,000 in mods and you are a race star!

I have to say that if everyone had known how well the LS motors were going to respond to mods, I would have gone the big cube/built LS route instead of the stroker Windsor route when I took the stock motor out of my car in 2001. Back then I thought a 500+ rwhp car would be the end all beat all on the street. I found out just how wrong I was when I started hanging out with 7/8 second trailer cars at Phoenix street races. Now all I care about is to be one the fastest cars that doesn't go to races (street or track) on a trailer....a real street car.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Thats it huh? That easy... dayum, anyone can do that then. What are all you guys bragging about then if it is that easy?

Give us FORD guys some props cause clearly have been working harder

Ken
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tylerb59

Say WHAT?!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poik
[img]
Say WHAT?!

Old 01-19-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wws699
That was funny! I loved that laugh!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-19-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Veteran

No actually you did in this post about 2 pages ago........
Thats just as retarded as putting a 4.6 in an F-body. If you dont like the engine, get a different car.
See? And even if you didn't mean the most produced 4.6, the other two choices, the Mach 1 305 hp 4.6 or the s/c 4.6 from the cobras of past still don't come near the LS7 in terms of power.......
I never said a Ford couldn't go fast.......just responding to the things being said here. And maybe some of those "retarded" people feel that the GM motor has more potential then the 4.6 or 5.4 Ford V8's? Who knows. I am not one of them as I don't drive or build Fords....but quite a few people are doing it so it can't be that difficult, expensive or "retarded" I think you need to direct your question about "why" to them, not those of us who have never done it. :shrug:
Old 01-19-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Damn dude, how light do you think Fox bodies are? I mean a cam, header, tuned LSx is what, 400 rwhp at the most. 400 rwhp is only going to get a 2k lbs car into the 10s, barely. And nowhere near the 9s. The LS is a great motor but lets keep it real here.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Old 01-19-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Regular

No actually you did in this post about 2 pages ago........

See? And even if you didn't mean the most produced 4.6, the other two choices, the Mach 1 305 hp 4.6 or the s/c 4.6 from the cobras of past still don't come near the LS7 in terms of power.......

I never said a Ford couldn't go fast.......just responding to the things being said here. And maybe some of those "retarded" people feel that the GM motor has more potential then the 4.6 or 5.4 Ford V8's? Who knows. I am not one of them as I don't drive or build Fords....but quite a few people are doing it so it can't be that difficult, expensive or "retarded" I think you need to direct your question about "why" to them, not those of us who have never done it. :shrug:
My point was you did all you could to make a comparison of apples and oranges. As least level the field a bit. I wouldnt condone putting an 03 cobra engine into an F-body either. Even though it has alot more power potential without tearing into it as an LS1.

And the LS7 is mighty in stock form, but if you get down to comparing a very modded 03 cobra engine to a very modded LS7 the gap closes substantially.

In the end you rsponded to my opinion of that being retarded, and I responded back. My opinion stands, I just know someone could spend their money more wisely and have bigger gains in performance.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

My point was you did all you could to make a comparison of apples and oranges. As least level the field a bit. I wouldnt condone putting an 03 cobra engine into an F-body either. Even though it has alot more power potential without tearing into it as an LS1.

And the LS7 is mighty in stock form, but if you get down to comparing a very modded 03 cobra engine to a very modded LS7 the gap closes substantially.

In the end you rsponded to my opinion of that being retarded, and I responded back. My opinion stands, I just know someone could spend their money more wisely and have bigger gains in performance.
And again I refer you back to that earlier post where YOU compared that swap to putting a 4.6 in an F-Body........if you want to do apples to apples then don't pick an orange as your apple.

And as for your opinion of how to spend your money, rock on my brother......but calling someone retarded for having their own opinion and making their own choices is pretty close-minded IMHO.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ford and wise...hmmmm, I will have to digest that...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't believe this thread is still going...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Plenty of guys swap out there LS1 for a LS6, LS2 or LS7...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quick Reply: Here Chebby Chebby