Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Here Chebby Chebby

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here you go Ken,
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1210146.shtml
See Ford wants to stay in business too. They just sell ****, so they don't sell as much...
Seriously, If you are smart and want to stay in business, You sell stuff in China, they are going to surpass the US for car demand here in the next couple of years. 1.3 Billion people living up in that bitch, that is a huge consumer market. They are getting richer and more powerful everday...

You ******* Commie driving bastard...

Last edited by My1st Truck; 01-20-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
EJ.

I do not under stand your fight here. Compairing the Windsor to the LSx is worse then compairing the LTx to it. Not even in the same field. 40+ years of trying SHOULD get the old Windsor fast. Look what the LSx is doing off the show room floor.

I also do not see why a LSx would not propel a lighter Mustang to those times when they are starting to do it with aheavy as hell F-body. I mean really it only took BMR 6 months to put the 04 GTO steet car in the nines and it is WAY heavier then a gutted out mustang.

What is the problem with dumping a much cheaper(per HP for sure) LSx into a 80s Four cylinder car? Hell we have had four of them GIVEN to us in the last year! Strip it, weld in a cage and buy and E-bay engine to start! $500 N2o kit and $250 used cam with $300 valve spring kit.

I really do not see what the problem is. They have been doing it on different cars since they start making them. Caddy engines , Hemi engines BBC engines Ford 400 engines you name it if it is cheap and light some one will put it together

Just think how fast your car would be with a turbo and a LS2
There has been alot more over 1k hp windsors than LSXs, so I guess if thats trying then your right. The aftermarket is still huge and the potential is limitless, again its just trying. Now if you mean stock, it doesnt really matter. Stock means little to nothing to me. And there are 10 sec Fox bodies out there with under $4k total invested so I still dont see the point.
The LSx is a great engine, but its just not the end all be all. And as far as putting a turbo LSX into my car all I would do is save a little weight on the front end. The limits of a stock block LSX are about the same as my forged piston 302 due to its Hyperuetectic pistons and powdered metal rods. And my forged piston 302 was all of $300. Thats bang for the buck.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by turbo50
Rott, again, I said 4.6 just as an example and you chose one of the weaker of the breed to compare to the biggest, baddest LSx to make the point of why putting an LSx into a "mudstain" as you so eloquently called it would be a good thing. But I digress. And me calling the car, not the person retarded was still just my opinion. If I was closed minded I would vow to own only one brand of vehicle, my Astro van says Im not, so there.
You said 4.6 and I mentioned the most common, cheapest one out there.....ya know, an example. And on that subject, even picking the fastest baddest 4.6 Ford motor wouldn't interest me in an F-Body since the LSx motors are significantly larger (cubic inch-wise) and therefore will make much more power and torque, mod for mod, then the smaller motor regardless of the brand.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I will say is Ford did have the right idea. I wish a S/C came on SS's and WS6's as an SLP option.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
One thing I will say is Ford did have the right idea. I wish a S/C came on SS's and WS6's as an SLP option.
Now thats funny stuff. Havent you heard, s/c from the factory is bad, very very bad. N/a with big cubes is the ONLY way any auto mfg. should ever go.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Banned

I didnt say shrink the cubes either I said an lsx with a s/c. Can you imagine and ls2 with a blower from the factory?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I didnt say shrink the cubes either I said an lsx with a s/c. Can you imagine and ls2 with a blower from the factory?
I knew what you meant. Maybe this new baddass Z06, corvette SS, blue devil, whatever they end up calling it will give you your wish.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Now thats funny stuff. Havent you heard, s/c from the factory is bad, very very bad. N/a with big cubes is the ONLY way any auto mfg. should ever go.
Damn Ej you should take your ear plugs out and the trashed safety glass's off.

You are hanging with those engineering type again arent you.

I just cant believe how you guys can toss out the basic laws of physics...

You know what I was doing in 1992? Beating the **** out of new mustangs with a god damn four cylinder Shelby Charger! Mod's? A SINGLE Across the Dodge parts counter piece. A Shelby ECM.... 18PSI.... 240+HP and only 2,100lbs with me in it.

My point? At least I can hear the reasoning
Old 01-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Banned

I knew what you meant. Maybe this new baddass Z06, corvette SS, blue devil, whatever they end up calling it will give you your wish.
That should be a s/c'ed 427. So there wouldnt be a reason NOT to put a blower on SS, WS6 or regular Vette. You can have the blue devil with the most power(s/c 427), and just under it are the regular Vettes and Camaro with a ls2 s/c option. It would be lights out for Ford at that point and the Viper would be on the run.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Blue Devil will be amazing.

Just the thought of seeing that out on the road gives me shivers of joy.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

To quote what a wise man once said on here....HOW LONG CAN THIS GO ON?

Now for my input - I thought GM was toying with the idea of bringing back the Stingray for the intro of the s/c'd LS7. And I can't say I see much difference between an LS1 or 2 with FI. The 2 would have a few more lbs of tq, but that's about it.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

You know what I was doing in 1992? Beating the **** out of new mustangs with a god damn four cylinder Shelby Charger! Mod's? A SINGLE Across the Dodge parts counter piece. A Shelby ECM.... 18PSI.... 240+HP and only 2,100lbs with me in it.

My first car:
\

Stage 2 ECU 14psi
2 1/2 inch exhaust
Bigger Fuel pump and the one size up injectors
Car Hauled for what it was... im guessing just as fast if not faster than any of the mustangs ive owned.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

I dont exactly understand your first two comments, I guess maybe you just didnt get the sarcasm in my statement, I dont know. I did kinda dig those 2.2 turbo Mopars back then though. I remember one going out to the street races down in Cali beating down a few cars that you just wouldnt think it would. Under 2k lbs cars huh? That is light.
But anyway if anyone in here is boost friendly its me (obviously). I dont care what it is, if its boosted its cool.

So, are we just gonna go for the record of longest thread or what? What is the longest thread for the NW section anyway?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

So, are we just gonna go for the record of longest thread or what? What is the longest thread for the NW section anyway?

Old 01-21-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FiveLiterRiceEater
My first car:
\

Stage 2 ECU 14psi
2 1/2 inch exhaust
Bigger Fuel pump and the one size up injectors
Car Hauled for what it was... im guessing just as fast if not faster than any of the mustangs ive owned.
Is that a GLH (Goes Like Hell)??

I was always a big fan of the 2.2 Turbo Chrysler/Dodge/etc cars.....ESPECIALLY the Shelby ones!!!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Is that a GLH (Goes Like Hell)??

I was always a big fan of the 2.2 Turbo Chrysler/Dodge/etc cars.....ESPECIALLY the Shelby ones!!!!!
Nope It was just a 1986 Dodge Shelby Charger
2.2L Turbo I4 Non-intercooled

They made the GLH-S models of the chargers in 1987 only like 1000. All black 2.2L Turbo 2 Intercooled(forged internals)
they made a GLH-S Omni in 1986 I think only 500....

It couldve been the other way around 1000 omni's and 500 chargers... i cant remember...
Old 01-21-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey what about an old SOHC motor in the Fox Body for you purist Ford guys? Weren't they 427 or 428ci? I allways thought that was one bad azz motor.
Robert
Old 01-21-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Hey what about an old SOHC motor in the Fox Body for you purist Ford guys? Weren't they 427 or 428ci? I allways thought that was one bad azz motor.
Robert
Oh the old 427 SOHC is a sweet motor no doubt. They were rated at 615 hp with a single 4 bbl and 665 hp and duals. But again, I would say it would be kinda of a waste. Nobody loves the Fox body more than me but putting a $25k+ motor into an under $10k car just doesnt seem like a good way to spend your time and money.
I remember back in the early 90s when these two Fairmonts were in a couple of magazines. One was a fastback with a Boss 429 and the other was a sedan with a Cammer. My first car was a fairmont (it was cheap) and even then I thought, what a waste. Why didnt they go find an old fastback Mustang or torino or something.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Launching!

My first car was a 71 Mustang Grande' with a 351C

Moms ride at that time was a 70 Merc Marauder with the 429, I would switch cars with mom on occasion

Lots of options for the foxxes

Ken
Old 01-21-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FiveLiterRiceEater
Nope It was just a 1986 Dodge Shelby Charger
2.2L Turbo I4 Non-intercooled

They made the GLH-S models of the chargers in 1987 only like 1000. All black 2.2L Turbo 2 Intercooled(forged internals)
they made a GLH-S Omni in 1986 I think only 500....

It couldve been the other way around 1000 omni's and 500 chargers... i cant remember...
Gotcha, I guess the Omni's were smaller then the car in the pic you posted weren't they? Just reminded me of them when I saw it I guess. And that GLHS was supposed to be unreal......

Quick Reply: Here Chebby Chebby