Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

FYI: 2005 NW Top Ten...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FYI: 2005 NW Top Ten...

Here is the NW10 list, keep in mind this was when you had to be legal for the run, thats why Roberts was capped at 11.5 it was before he had the roll bar installed.

This was from September 26th

Ryan K.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Here is the NW10 list, keep in mind this was when you had to be legal for the run, thats why Roberts was capped at 11.5 it was before he had the roll bar installed.

This was from September 26th

Ryan K.
Here is the copy of the rules from your lead post. The legal run part had been removed allready. remember the thread on if you don't get the boot it's legal?

Rules:

1) Only one submission per person.

2) Must be in the NW listing for the forum (i.e.:WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND, NE)

3) Must be an active poster in the NW forum, no "I ran this" and never come back. If there is no post in the forum w/ in 1 month, time taken off the list and list will be adjusted accordingly.

4) Car must be active. If the car has not made the pass in the previous year it is not eligible for the list.

5) Must be licenced for street use
(current licence and registration)

6) Tire
a)Any DOT approved tire

Other than that post your fastest run!

This makes no sense, I copied the list from your thread on 9-5-05 and was allready posted with my 11.04 time, which was the only list I remember. Here is the list that was posted on 9-5-05 (look in the corner for the date), and my time slip.

Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 04-25-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Pathological Modifier

The NW 10 list was still in effect, thats the one stating the rules of "had to be legal"

The Run what you brung list had everybodies submission... and 9-05-05 was before the last race day of 10/10/05 IIRC..
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

The NW 10 list was still in effect, thats the one stating the rules of "had to be legal"

The Run what you brung list had everybodies submission... and 9-05-05 was before the last race day of 10/10/05 IIRC..
Ok, glory steeler. You better get that tub of bolts running, or I am going to beat you into the #1 spot.

When did you do the 10.85 run in '05?
Robert
Old 04-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Pathological Modifier

the 10.85 was on 9/25/05:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/385793-woot-bremerton-today.html

and my favorite post was this one...

Originally Posted by Robert56
That's it, I quit.

Hey, that's one Baaaaaaaaaaaad Azzzzzzzzz Camaro. Congrats, i see that 60'er came way down. Now we're talking. Your not out of my range yet, but I better be quick on doing something? You get the 60 down much more and I will be hard pressed to catch ya, but it's a goal.
Robert

PS: I almost came out for the track prep also, I wish I would have now.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh yea, I remember now. I think I blocked it out and concentrated an my 10.85 run, or I really do have early onset alhiemers ie: old timers...
Robert
Old 04-26-2007, 03:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting what you had Ryan. One thing though...why does NWDragRacer show up on the 9/5/05 list but not on the final NW10?

From these two lists, plus the postings in the old thread, I think I can piece together a good approximation of the final list.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Crisisman
Thanks for posting what you had Ryan. One thing though...why does NWDragRacer show up on the 9/5/05 list but not on the final NW10?

From these two lists, plus the postings in the old thread, I think I can piece together a good approximation of the final list.
But remember they are two different lists. We added the bring what ya got list and now it's the one we all go by? '05 was the last of the legal official top ten list i believe? We had that long thread choosing how we wanted to go.
Robert
Old 04-26-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

I remember that thread now!! There will always be a top 10, but others also get to post their times and compare theirs to the others times.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

FYI, I have put together the two lists above and scrounged through the old posts to re-construct the 2005 Run What You Brung list. There may still be an error or two, but It's 90%+ accurate. I'm incorporating this list into the current list to give 2 years of back data for comparison. This will be as far back as I will go as it is as far back as any reliable information is available.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Good job Crisisman! Nice work.

I'll print them out so I can keep them for myself.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just like a Corvette guy to argue over crap that means nothing
Old 05-14-2007, 12:35 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, we're still arguing about a run from two freakin years ago?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Only someone whom was in 23rd place would try to bury the Fast List from two years ago and have a problem with it being reposted. Get over it, we all have.
Robert
Old 05-14-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Just like a Corvette guy to argue over crap that means nothing
Only means nothing to you, cause you aren't on it, looser.
Robert
Old 05-14-2007, 01:27 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Only someone whom was in 23rd place would try to bury the Fast List from two years ago and have a problem with it being reposted. Get over it, we all have.
Robert
There was nothing to get over as far as I'm concerned.... and if you're over it, why does this topic keep coming up? Waaaaaah, they didn't count my time. Boo freakin hoo. Cry me a river. It was 2 years ago, move on..

I could not give less of a **** if I was in 93rd place on that list... My top 10 is the individual points for the brackets... Right now I'm coming in at #2. You all can continue comparing who has the deepest wallet, there is no thrill in that for me.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 05-14-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:13 AM
10 Second Club

I agree but for arguments sake ryan was not number one till someone left to transfer to virginia
Old 05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Pathological Modifier

Yeah, Bastard... I could have completely gutted my car too

What was your time again?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

There was nothing to get over as far as I'm concerned.... and if you're over it, why does this topic keep coming up? Waaaaaah, they didn't count my time. Boo freakin hoo. Cry me a river. It was 2 years ago, move on..

I could not give less of a **** if I was in 93rd place on that list... My top 10 is the individual points for the brackets... Right now I'm coming in at #2. You all can continue comparing who has the deepest wallet, there is no thrill in that for me.
Wow, hit a nerve.

Talking of money, **** you have three cars, and I have one, no wonder yours are so slow. Sell two of them, put the money in the remaining car, then you can join the 10.xx club and ya won't have to pretend you don't want to go faster; because you, me and everyone else who has ever been in the racing/rodding scene wants more power and to go faster. It's a way of life.
Robert
Old 05-14-2007, 08:39 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Wow, hit a nerve.

Talking of money, **** you have three cars, and I have one, no wonder yours are so slow. Sell two of them, put the money in the remaining car, then you can join the 10.xx club and ya won't have to pretend you don't want to go faster; because you, me and everyone else who has ever been in the racing/rodding scene wants more power and to go faster. It's a way of life.
Robert
Struck a nerve?

Actually.. the only nerve you struck in me is the one in my funny bone laughing my *** off about how completely retarded crying about a two year old run is. I mean seriously, dude. Get over it. Nobody but you cares. I'm not the one crying about a two year old run that didn't count, so perhaps you might give yourself a ring on that number.

And no, the right answer is that you and everyone else with a tiny **** is obsessed with going faster all the time... some of us really could not give less of a flying **** about running 10s, and one of those people is me. I've been running 13's with these cars since 1998, don't you think I woulda spent money on running 10s if it was that important to me?

It's like saying if I have a pickup that everyone with a pickup wants to make it into a monster truck, or that everyone with a motorcycle wants a 9 second turbo Hayabusa. That's completely retarded.

I'm obsessed with being a good bracket racer, and being able to predict what my car will run down to the thousandth of a second. I'm just about there. I'm #2 on the bracket, where are you? Not even ranked, that's where. Am I giving you **** because you don't have a desire to be one of the best bracket racer at the track? Am I giving you a hard time because you don't want people to say "Oh **** I'm screwed" when they get lined up next to you in the bracket? No, I'm not... because I really don't give a **** if you wanna be a good bracket racer.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in running 10s. Did you read that? Let me reiterate that... ZERO. None, nada, nyet, zilch, the big ******* goose egg, not a scratch, nil, a great big rolling freakin donut. I will never ever run 10s unless I can buy a car that will run 10s right out of the factory. I've been running between 12.8 and 13.8 for almost 10 years and you seem to believe that I'm lying if I say I don't care about running 10's.

Are you ******* mental? Have you been breathing too many exhaust fumes? It would appear to be the case.

When I had 1 car, it ran 13s, too. Do I care? No. I won 5 trophies in the brackets with it. That's what I have the car for. When I had enough cash to make my car run 9's laying around, did I spend it on that? No, I bought another car because I didn't care about running 9's, or 10s, or even 11's for that matter. I bracket race.. what my car runs is irrelivant... HOW my car runs is everything. Can you predict what your car will run within a couple hundredths of a second every time? Can you cut sub .05 lights over and over and over and over? I bet you don't even CARE what your reaction time is, because all you care about is 10s 10s 10s.

You go off and compete in the "deepest wallet" and "who can break their car the most times in a year" competition. I don't really wanna see how many clutches or rear ends I can blow up in a season. I'll stick to my low maintenance, slow *** car that kicks *** in the brackets.

You get down with your bad self, 10 second man.

Tell you what.. wanna make this interesting? I'll bracket race you with no practice runs, blind dial, best of three. We'll see who wins. If you win, you can give me all the **** in the world about not running 10s.

If I win, I get to make a video of you worshipping my high 12-second car as if it were a god.

What do you say?

Last edited by DrEvyl; 05-14-2007 at 08:56 PM.